Which Next Generation Console Will You Buy?

Started by Ranger Astheria, May 31, 2005, 10:55:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which next generation console will you buy?

Playstation 3
22 (22.9%)
X-Box 360
20 (20.8%)
Nintendo Revolution
26 (27.1%)
Multiple
9 (9.4%)
None
19 (19.8%)

Total Members Voted: 95

Ranger Astheria

Please discuss which option you voted for, reasons why are always useful.

Click my banner to visit Realm of Runes for all your WFB needs!

Dark Exodus

BladeWind

i have voted for the Nintendo Revolution becuase i have always like their new ideas to game play...
i'm not the kind of person who judges consoles by the most powerful...so this is a good choice for me.
nintendo has recently used never before seen methods to control games i.e the touch pad....so what they may do for the console could be fantastic!

Dux Aurelius Elysius

Xbox 360.  It'll be backwards compatible with other games, personally I've also preferred the Xbox game realeases, and the prospective releases that it will benefit from.  The detachable large HD is IMO a good idea, as are the replacable front panels to customise it.  Should look good in my room.  The out-of-game capabilities certainly also looks impressive and useful, as will the USB port abilities (it'll mean I won't have to go through that god-awful hour long CD ripping in the least).  Plus, IMO, it looks nicest.
I carry with me an Inquisitorial Seal. It is a small, unassuming object contained in a neat box of Pluvian obsidian. It is a modest thing. Relatively plain, adorned with a single motif and a simple motto. Yet with this little object I can sign the death warrant of an entire world and consign a billion souls to Oblivion.

Inquisitor Yoda

Revolutiuon because of old games able to be downloaded, cool new innovation, sweet games like SSBM, free online capabilities (or s they say may happen), the tiny ickle console ;) the fact that most ninty stuff rocks! etc. etc.

That's right folks, ectoplasm, the force which keeps the sun orbiting around me. Learn it well.

Seer Fox

Hmm, such a hard decision...

Yeah, PS3 all the way.

All the way DOWN that is! Ho ho ho!

VIVA LA REVOLUTION!!!

Ciat,
Seer Fox
Well I'm not going to quote anything, so...I'll have to hunt down my old sig again.

How bothersome.

Ashman

Revolution because its Nintendo.

They make the best games (IMO and most other people's), it looks sweet, if a little un-ninty, and they're the smallest company of the three. Always support the little 'uns!

Dux Aurelius Elysius

Seer, at least read the post before replying ...

Quote from: Ranger Astheria on May 31, 2005, 10:55:46 AM
Please discuss which option you voted for, reasons why are always useful.
I carry with me an Inquisitorial Seal. It is a small, unassuming object contained in a neat box of Pluvian obsidian. It is a modest thing. Relatively plain, adorned with a single motif and a simple motto. Yet with this little object I can sign the death warrant of an entire world and consign a billion souls to Oblivion.

Seer Fox

I did read the post, I just forgot what it said.

Now that I've re-read the post, and not forgotten what he said, I'm getting a Revolution for much the same reasons as those already mentioned, Ninty haven't let me down yet, and so I have no reason not to get their console, and look forward to playing excellent and unique games on their excellent and unique system.

Ciat,
Seer Fox
Well I'm not going to quote anything, so...I'll have to hunt down my old sig again.

How bothersome.

Lord of Winter and War

I'm getting the X-box 360 as I love eldar scrolls 3 morrowind and I must get eldar scrolls 4 oblivion, That game will be amazing and will be the buy for me.
Harlequin Army Blog

Quote from: azore24 on February 14, 2011, 02:57:59 PM
That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Aronious

It's Elder Scrolls. Sorry to dissappoint you. :D

None. All the new systems will have useless crap add-ons that no one needs. Besides, I need a new computer. I still have a PII.

"We're an infantry regiment, Red. We fight. We die."- Master Horkin, Mage-at-Arms

http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php/topic,83795.0.html

"Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die."
-Goldfinger

Lanorel

Most likely Revolution and probably PS3, but still to be decided. I went with multiple ones. :)

Revolution, because Nintendo still makes the best (well, some of them anyway) games and I wouldn't want to be without a new Zelda for example. I'm curious about Revolution, too. However, I've heard that it might not get to Europe until early 2007, which almost is enough for me not to buy it in disgust (can everybody say "nintendo keeps making stupid mistakes when releasing consoles?"), so I'll probably buy another console to keep me occupied for the YEAR or so it'll take. PS3 vs Xbox 360 boils down to the games, so stil undecided there.

Inquisitor Yoda

If the revolution isn't out by 2006 or at most half a year after the others I will buy a 360 out of total disgust that they kept it waiting for so long. I will be good but their timing isn't the best...

That's right folks, ectoplasm, the force which keeps the sun orbiting around me. Learn it well.

Dirt_typhus42

I chose none because both xbox 360 and the ps3 will cost about $350! so im gonna wait later
Hmm i wonder what will the world be like if we were invaded by fluffly pink adorable pandas.... with FINGERNAILS?!

Claw

Malcavitch

If i decide to gather the money to buy one of these new systoms, my current choice would be the Xbox 360.  That is based off of the controllers and the games.  I think that ultimatly the choice will be between the Revolution and the 360. 

Lord of Winter and War

Quote from: Clawofcorruption on June  1, 2005, 03:59:33 PM
Ps3 most definatly (Killzone 2  ;D)

I saw the trailer for that game, and man does it not look sick or what? If that footage is real gameplay I may need to get PS3 to get that game.
Harlequin Army Blog

Quote from: azore24 on February 14, 2011, 02:57:59 PM
That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Inquisitor Yoda

Quote from: Killersquid on June  2, 2005, 07:00:35 PM
If that footage is real gameplay I may need to get PS3 to get that game.
Like hell it's gonna be! It hardly ever is, unless they say it is it probably won't be, because cutscene greaphics are sooo much better ;)

AresGodOfWar

im going to get the ps3. I like this one the most so far. Im really excited for the release of this system.

Anatolian Guy

I'll buy the rev, i'm curious about the system plus nintendo even with its failures haven't let me down yet. The others, they are the classical (well since the play one) "my graphics are the best and I have more gore useless games so i'm the best" so I don't really care, i'm not saying they have good games (ps: final fantasy, megaman (damn you capcom), devil may cry, xbox: halo, ninja gaiden), but most games are pure crap.

(SARCASM ALERT)
Maybe i'll buy a ps when sony dares to include a toaster or a fridge in the system, that way I can eat while I play!!!! cool isn't it? 8)
For evil to prevail good people must do nothing.