News: We have moved servers!!

You will likely have to log in again, since the old cookies were replaced with freshly baked ones. This new server should run much faster and is more modern than the old clunker that supported the site for over a decade.

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Any Tips or Suggestions for Facing Space Marines?  (Read 5313 times)

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
Re: Any Tips or Suggestions for Facing Space Marines?
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2016, 09:54:15 AM »
I'm pretty sure Wyddr's got some Commandos hiding in the bushes to keep an eye on us Orks to make sure we don't get out of hand.

What can I say, the Ordo Xenos is good at it's job.  8)

Dog of War is right, though - combi-charging to limit the dred's exposure to grenades is a good plan. If the "unofficial" FAQ becomes official, the options of removing a dred in close combat get much, much smaller for marines (which I think is a lousy change, as it hobbles a lot of dedicated antitank units in assault, among which are Tankbustas, Fire Dragons, Demolition Veterans, and so on and so forth).

Lootas are a pain in the butt. I will continue to destroy them as quickly as possible (well, most likely), but it's very annoying to *have* to make such plans every game.

Honestly, the only ways to keep them alive is to (1) take two units (but that eats a heavy slot, as mentioned) or Battlewagon (which also eats a heavy slot). Even in those instances, some armies (Marines in particular) can wipe them out pretty fast.