News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1000 pt Dread Mob...  (Read 2032 times)

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
1000 pt Dread Mob...
« on: May 9, 2013, 07:52:59 AM »
So, at the new LGS store closer to my house, they typically seem to be playing lower point games that at the other, farther LGS.  I normally run 2000 point games so I can bring out lots of toyz.  I played a low poitn game with some foot sloggers (again, not my normal) and had a good time...  I have always liked walkers...  I mean, who doesn't love clanking, smoke belching robots with gunz and power klawz!

I came up with this list to have fun and to give me a reason to get my dread mob painted.  The obvious downside is no real troops, but this list is designed to krump (or "not loose"), not side on objectives! lol

1000 points Dread Mob

Meka Dread, KFF

Dread, 3 DCCW, Skorcha
Dread, 3 DCCW, Skorcha

3 Kanz, Grotzookas
3 Kanz, Grotzookas

Mega Dread,
Flakka Wagon (Though I plan to model this as a kan firing a tripod mounted quad turret to stay with the all walker theme)

This list should be fun...  Lots of armor, lots of clanking...  Probably not the most well rounded list, but certainly should be a good time...

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline CheesyRobMan

• Burna Mek
Re: 1000 pt Dread Mob...
« Reply #1 on: May 9, 2013, 08:12:02 AM »
Sounds like a fun list - although would one unit of kans be better with rokkits? There's otherwise no ranged AT firepower, unless the Mega/Meka Dread have the ranged options?
"Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Offline adamscurr

« Reply #2 on: May 9, 2013, 04:06:16 PM »
I had thought about that...  It's just that grotzookas are just so good!  I could up the list 1250 and run my standard two units of 6 lootas in a flakka wagon...  So the list would look like this...

Meka

2 x Dread 3 DCCW, Skorcha

2 x 3 Kanz, Grotzookas

Mega
2x Flakka Wagon
2 x 6 lootas

This should give me a lot of str 7 long range firepower with enough AA to take down flyers with luck!

Adam

Offline Crispy86

• Ork Boy
  • Time to feast!
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Marines(Nurgle), Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 12:58:01 AM »
Looks good! Need dem spanna boyz though as they're a requirement ;-) (+1). When I want it to be as pure dread mob as possible I just take 10 in a trukk maybe with a Mek armed with a burna.

How do you find the flakka wagons? Are they better then the Dakkajet?
Crispy86

Offline adamscurr

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 09:13:31 PM »
I think the flakka wagons with 6 lootas in them are great for AT...  They are cheap, fairly well armored, and throw a lot of decent str shots down range...  PLus, you have the added benefit of being able to hit flyers with the flakka gun... 

I run two in my lists and typically put one in each corner...  THis means that they are almost always going to have a side armor shot to blow vehical...  I love my dakka jet too, but it is not as reliable to come on the board when I need it...  THe flakka wagon starts popping rhinos round 1!

Adam

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 10:43:23 AM »
I must say I notice a distinct lack of trucks, and other things that go fast  :'(

Other than that it looks like a fairly stompy list. As mentioned before, you have to take a unit of spanna boys, so maybe if you take 12 of them giving them shootas and a truck it might make the list a little bit better.  ;)
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline adamscurr

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2013, 06:24:27 PM »
I thought I might throw in a pic or two of the new mega dread...  I think it is coming along pretty mean and green!  My original model was two spray paint kanz to make the body...  I removed one and I have the model in the scale I wanted...  He was too big before...  He is still a large model, but you can use the base or the body (one spray paint kan) for a reference... 

I changed his klaw to hang sideways verses up in the air like it was and added a bunch of grubbins...  Enjoy!

Adam

Offline CheesyRobMan

• Burna Mek
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 04:29:41 AM »
Awesome Mega-Dread  :D
"Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Offline adamscurr

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2013, 05:12:19 PM »
Thanks...  From a table top perspective, my theory was that he should be big enough and scary enough that he draws fire away from the more vunerable walkers and the meka dread wit the kff!

Adam

Offline Crispy86

• Ork Boy
  • Time to feast!
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Marines(Nurgle), Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2013, 09:00:53 PM »
That Mega dread is a beast! Very nice.
Crispy86

Offline adamscurr

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2013, 05:41:37 PM »
Thanks...  It's coming along...  Going to base and prime it this weekend... 

I was thinking about how to enlarge the army...  With stuff I have that is...  Here is 2000 points...

KFF Mek with Burna, CB
(Allied) Meka Dread

3 x 20 Shoota Boyz, PK Nob w/bp, 2 BS
(Allied) 2 Dreads, 3 DCCW, Skorcha

Dakka Jet, Ace, Extra SS
(Allied) 5 Kanz, Grotzookas

x2 6 Lootas
x2 Flakka Wagon

Mega Dread

I think this list will be a lot of fun to play...  Though really slow, it is packing a lot of punch...  The basic premise is moving forward slowly and laying down dakka, kan wall style while the lootas, flakka wagons, and dakka jet punches through transports...  The walkers can peel open any land raiders that come along and carve up the occupants... 

Adam

« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 09:48:17 PM by adamscurr »