News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Warscythes and Skater-orks  (Read 1044 times)

Offline Hekkastor

• Ork Boy | KoN Veteran
  • It's 40k. Everyone dies.
Warscythes and Skater-orks
« on: October 3, 2010, 02:12:27 PM »
For the past couple of weeks, I've started getting into the modeling and konversion hobby, and this here's my first couple of attempts/WIP.
C&C are appreciated, tips too. I'm completely new to this, so I'm taking all the advise I can get.

I apologise in advance for the quality of the photos, but thanks to where I live, I can't really get natural lighting. The forest canopy is too thick. As for the painting, I'm very new to that also, so don't judge too harshly.

So first off, this Konversion was made because even though I like the Necron Lord Warscythe, but I wanted it to look more like the Grim Reaper type scythe for the grimdark look. I used the butt of a IG lasgun for the back of the Scythe, and the rest should be obvious.

My plan for this guy is to give his chest a more golden color, but i don't know exactly what else to do with him to make him look better.

These guys are made from Heroscape figures. I use to big one as a heavy destroyer and the little one as a normal destroyer. They'll be getting a bit of clean up sometime after I finish my 500 points of Orks, but that could take a little while.

Speaking of Orks, here's my WIP warboss:

Now here he is on the start of an Orkafied skateboard:

I used a bit of greenstuff to get him to tilt his head in the direction that he's pointing his Klaw, because I thought it looked more natrual, and would also look better once he's riding a skateboard. The whole idea behind the skateboards is that its something I can totally see Orks doing, is a cheep and fun konversion, and if I'm lucky, people will let my play him as a biker boss (the skateboard is getting an engine soon, I'll post pics of that when I can). I plan on doing this to my Nobs as well, and if it turns out as good as I hope it will, I'll even do a couple of boys like that, and start playing a punk/skater-themed speed freak biker list.

Here's a shot of the skateboard on its own, so you can get a better view of it.

I plan on really decking out the base too, and having my warboss grinding down a rail, I can can get it to do so without having the model topple and break every three seconds.

So, questions, comments concerns?
I'll try to take better lit pictures for you guys next time.
Hope you enjoyed.
« Last Edit: October 3, 2010, 02:15:43 PM by Hekkastor »