News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Whats your ork clan like?  (Read 1377 times)

Offline Foolishness

• *feeling Foolish*
Whats your ork clan like?
« on: October 16, 2002, 02:57:04 AM »
Give me an idea of all my orky cousins and tell me what you guys use in ya big ol mobs. ;D
The quickest way to end a war is to lose it.
- George Orwell (1903 - 1950)

Offline Frgsinwntr

• Sisters burn
Re:Whats your ork clan like?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2002, 08:17:03 AM »
sluggas, bikes, truks, buggies,  from what i hear cult of speed is great so the faster yourt guys are the better
Chain swords are awesome.  The only way would be cooler is if they had tits and were on fire.

Offline flayling_wildly

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2002, 03:20:08 AM »
Basically, I usually have a squad or 2 of trukk boyz to get in cc asap and tie up some squads then the rest of my army footslogs it behind a wall of grots. this wave isn't hindered much by shooting as the trukk boyz and the grots do there jobs. Also i take a battlewagon with warboss and retinue in it. This tends to draw a lots of fire as my opponents know what they can do in combat.
friendly fire isn't

Offline Imperial Sardaukar

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2002, 04:26:08 PM »
Personally, i just have footsloggers. And surprisingly, its worked well so far. I have no trukks, no warbuggies, nothing. Just footslogging boyz, and the Warboss and his Retinue. No special tricks. There are just way too many boyz to cause more then 1 mob to break before it hits their main line. Then, what the heck is he gonna do with all those slugga boyz running around causing problems? In so far, the people ive played against underestimate the mobility and effectiveness of my Orks because they are on foot. I was a little sketchy about it as well, and the Tau in particular scared me. But they couldnt thin out that many mobs before they hit the line. After that, the Suits and the Fire Teams just disappeared under a green tide one squad at a time.

Trukks im sure make it much easier, but i dont think its half as fun.