News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1000pts pure sisters...no angels of death  (Read 562 times)

Offline Cpl_Hicks

1000pts pure sisters...no angels of death
« on: February 19, 2009, 03:33:20 PM »
HQ 115

Canoness 115

Canoness,  eviscerator,  cloak, jump pack, book of St. Lucius

Elites

Troops 615

Battle sister squad 205

10 battle sisters, veteran sister  superior,  book of St. Lucius,  flamer, heavy flamer
Mounted in a rhino

Rhino

Extra armour, smoke launchers
Battle sister squad 205

10 battle sisters, veteran sister  superior,  book of St. Lucius,  flamer, heavy flamer
Mounted in a rhino

Rhino

Battle sister squad 205

Mounted in a rhino

Rhino

Fast Attack

Heavy Support 270

Exorcist 135

Exorcist 135

This is my first sister list with no seraphim in. Too me immolators and  seraphim have alwalys been the "iconic" units of the battle sister army. However I field none here.

3  BSS squads gives me lots of troops and scoring units. Without the seraphim I can save a fair bit of faith and pump it into the BSS and cannoness.

I went with 2 exo's because I felt two MBT's would be scary at 1k and would give me reduncy incase one was stunned or destroyed.

I'm not to sure what to do with my cannoness. I think I'm going hide her behind the rhino's than attack. I was thinking of another way to use her too. I am thinking of deep striking her behind cover that denies LOS and than next turn hop her over the cover and attack my oppentents lines. It sounds risky but might be so surprising to my oppenent that it might pay off.

There you have it a pretty bare bones list.

C&C welcomed 
It's ALL about the power klaws.

Offline -Dark Fire-

• Previously Spear of Khaine
Re: 1000pts pure sisters...no angels of death
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 05:06:01 PM »
This is quite like mine, on the forum at the moment (feel free to have a look) except mine exchanges a BSS and the jump pack and brazier for a 5 woman, 2 melta Celestian squad and two Immolaters (one empty and w/multi-melta maybe) for a total of 6 vehicles. As to the list, I like it, no major troubles anywhere, the BSS layout a tried and tested combo and you can't go wrong with 2 Exorcists. Only question is: How would you deal with a Landraider (which you might see at tourneys/ LGS)?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 05:07:04 PM by Cleansing Flame »
'There is no art more beautiful and diverse as the art of death.'

Laconfir of Biel-Tan

Offline Cpl_Hicks

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 05:16:58 PM »
Too be honest I don't know what to do with the landraider.

I guess I hope it's the only vechile and I can poud it with both exo's hoping to get lucky.

Or I can sic Leroy Jekins on it ;)

Too be honest I don't see a lot of landraider spam at my LGS. I also don't do tournies. I figure this stuff is expensive enough already that I don't need to pay to play. I can alwalys get a free fun game at one of the two stores I'm close too. :)
It's ALL about the power klaws.

Offline -Dark Fire-

• Previously Spear of Khaine
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 06:11:03 PM »
Good old flying Leroy - with patented 'Flippin' big chainsaw 'o' righteous doom' eh. Yeah I do see LRs (did with my Eldar at Vet. night) so that explains my inclusion of double Melta Celestians and an empty multi-melta Immo. Helps me to deal with Ironclads, LRBTs and LVS akin to my list.
'There is no art more beautiful and diverse as the art of death.'

Laconfir of Biel-Tan