News: We have moved servers!!

You will likely have to log in again, since the old cookies were replaced with freshly baked ones. This new server should run much faster and is more modern than the old clunker that supported the site for over a decade.

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Ork Headquarters  (Read 2005 times)

Offline AceV53

Ork Headquarters
« on: August 27, 2002, 12:13:57 AM »
     This section hasn't had a new topic in quite a while.  :(
     What does your Ork HQ usually comprise of? Has it proven a very worth adversary against your oppenents? I'm lookin into the Orks as a possible army choice and I've created two regular lists and a Speed Freeks List.
     My HQ consists of a Warboss with 'Eavy Armor, Bionic Bonce, Power Claw, Choppa and Big Gob. He's accompanied by 5 Nobz in 'Eavy Armor with 4 power claws and the HQ is mounted in a Wartrukk.
     Some people say that the Warboss shouldn't have a power claw because he has the best initiative in the army but I think I need more hard hitters and besides he can take 3 wounds.
     I hope this will revive the Ork section a bit. I'll try and post more often to provide some Ork comfort  ;D
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. "
- General George Patton (1885-1945)

"All I ever wanted was an honest week's pay for an honest day's work."
-Steve Martin in Sergeant Bilko

Offline Lord Argroth

• Death to the withered old man on the golden toilet
Re:Ork Headquarters
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2002, 07:15:47 AM »
I have a Warboss with WYSIWYG weapons and 'Eavy Armour. He's got 5 Nobz as his friends again as WYSIWYG. I have been meaning to make a huge custom Warboss for my army but I haven't got round to it yet. Theres loads of other things I wanna add first, like more Trukks, finish off my Bikez, get some Nobz in Mega Armour and maybe build a BattleWagon out of a Land Raider.
Death to the enemies of Lord Argroth!

Think you can beat the name Lord Argroth?Then please send me a Personal Message with a cool name for a Khorne Lord but one which also fits in with normal Black Legion armies PLEASE!

Yeah but Slaanesh followers aren't real men. I mean who would walk around threatening people with a speaker and a siren? ;)
Quoted from Silverthorn

Offline Scythe

• Flamer: Superiority Complex BANNED
  • Banned for flaming
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2002, 03:18:59 AM »
My HQ is the smallest yet most expensive, and deadly part of my 3000+ Ork army,

The Scythe Of Sematii:
Warlord Nazgrim 'The Scythe' 'Ard Gor/ Mega Armour, Mega Boosta, All Kustom Jobs, Stikkabomb Chucka =110pts
2*Nobz/ Mega Armour, Mega Boosta, Kombi Shoota/Skorcha
=136pts
2*Nobz/ Mega Armour, Mega Boosta, All Kustom Jobs
=138pts
1*Nob/ Eavy Armour, Waaagh Banner, Rokkit Launcher
=56pts
Trukk/ Rokkit Launcher, Armour Plates
=40pts

All up 480 pts, move them at speed drop them off watch SM boy parts fly, if only the rest of my army was this good.
« Last Edit: September 2, 2002, 08:31:55 PM by The Scythe of Sematii »

Offline Tobab816

• Chaos Warmaster, Promoter of Deathball!
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2002, 09:41:56 PM »
Ok, so I don't play Orks but a guy on our group does.

He has a Warboss with Big Shoota, 'Eavy armor, Bionic Bonce, Bionik Arm, Cybork body and Powerclaw
Deathball, the new game of bloody basketball, 40k style!

+++Excerpt from Last Chaos/Space marine game, commentator: Inquisitor Khalheed "The Purgator" Qhor, Ex-Deathball player+++

Chaos vs Space Marine grudgematch today ended 23-19 when Brother Grazieel decimated the chaos team with a heavy bolter.

Afterwards the Chaos Coach Zhuriel the Damned stated "If we weren't ideologically in favor of cheating we'd complain about this""
+++End of transmission+++

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2002, 04:02:43 PM »
I helped my son make a warbike boss.  Converted a metal ork with power claw to ride a bike.  Last week when we battled the armored company his boss on a bike killed, 3 chimera's, 3 leman russ's, 2 griffons, and helped kill the bane blade.  (his boma boys did the rest) I think he only costs 140 points.  (dont have his list) A definite good choice.  
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Tobab816

• Chaos Warmaster, Promoter of Deathball!
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2002, 06:06:34 PM »
If you give him a Bionik arm as well it counts as a second CCW so he'll get that extra attack.
Deathball, the new game of bloody basketball, 40k style!

+++Excerpt from Last Chaos/Space marine game, commentator: Inquisitor Khalheed "The Purgator" Qhor, Ex-Deathball player+++

Chaos vs Space Marine grudgematch today ended 23-19 when Brother Grazieel decimated the chaos team with a heavy bolter.

Afterwards the Chaos Coach Zhuriel the Damned stated "If we weren't ideologically in favor of cheating we'd complain about this""
+++End of transmission+++