News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 750 Tourny List  (Read 2107 times)

Offline Halollet

• My halo grew a mullet...
  • Armies: Grey Knights, Guard, Sisters, Tau, & Tyranids
750 Tourny List
« on: October 21, 2013, 09:08:52 PM »
Here's a list I'm thinking of bringing for a tourny this Saturday - Dropbox - 750 point tournament - 40K.pdf

Ethereal

Crisis Suits x2, MP, TLMP, Shield Drone x2

Stealth team x3

Firewarriors x9, Devilfish with Disruption Pod

Firewarriors x9, Devilfish with Disruption Pod

Kroot x10, Krootox x2, Kroot hound x2

750 points, 42 models.  What do you think?

I like it because the fish of fury works well in higher level games, so here will be glorious over kill.  And I can also keep my army hidden by deep striking, outflanking and infiltrating it!

The only thing I might change is to find the points to put SMS on the devil fish, cause those are awesome.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 09:48:53 PM by Halollet »
One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside of his experience as being impossible.

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
Re: 750 Tourny List
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 09:27:41 PM »
I think a Skyray might work better than the crisis suits (the markerlight support could be very helpful), but the suits will probably be fine, too. In a 750 point game I don't think anti-tank is going to be a substantial problem. 

Offline Halollet

• My halo grew a mullet...
  • Armies: Grey Knights, Guard, Sisters, Tau, & Tyranids
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 09:48:39 PM »
I think a Skyray might work better than the crisis suits (the markerlight support could be very helpful), but the suits will probably be fine, too. In a 750 point game I don't think anti-tank is going to be a substantial problem.

Limitation is that armour F/S/R can't be more then 33, so can't take one of those.  I forgot to post the thing up top, I'm gonna fix that now.

I had a thought though; I'm wondering if I should give them TLMP/PR instead for some armour punching ability.
One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside of his experience as being impossible.

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 09:07:01 AM »
Actually, yeah--having some AP 2 is a good idea. A bunch of Terminators could make your life difficult and having something to throw at them that gets past armor saves would be a good idea. With the armor limitation, the Plasma Rifles won't even be totally useless in the antitank department, either.