News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Bristol Vanguard Spoils of War 26th/27th October  (Read 2412 times)

Offline Guildmage Aech

• FLAMER: Ego Bigger than his Common Sense Centre | 40KO's Care Bear of Spite | Dolphin Death Dealer | 40K Oracle
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
Bristol Vanguard Spoils of War 26th/27th October
« on: August 25, 2013, 07:07:48 PM »
Good evening everyone! Many have been asking for information about the upcoming Bristol Vanguard Spoils of War campaign weekend. This has been huge fun in the past so it’s not surprising people have been asking. The rules pack is still being worked upon (it’s mainly the storyline that’s work in progress, so feel free to ask rules questions), but tickets are now on sale! We can take payment in the Vanguard Wargaming shop (cash only, I’m afraid) or via Paypal, at Bristol.Vanguard@yahoo.co.uk. Please mark any payments as ‘gift’, please so as to avoid us paying Paypal fees! Anyway, the main information you’re going to want:

•   Games: The weekend consists of five games in an escalating format, three on the Saturday and two on the Sunday. We’re using a story based campaign and a team format, so similar armies will be fighting alongside each other. There will be the following sizes:
o   Game 1 – a 1,000 point game consisting of scouting forces
o   Game 2 – a 1,500 point game
o   Game 3 – a 2,000 point game
o   Game 4 – a 1,500 point game
o   Game 5 – a 2,000 point game
o   For the 2,000 point games, there is the option of pairing up with a team mate to play a doubles game of 1,500 points each (we’re cutting it down slightly to ensure we keep to time!) on a 12’ x 4’ board!

•   Forgeworld! Spoils is the chance to use all that lovely Forgeworld resin you’ve bought over the years. Forgeworld army lists such as Elysian Drop troops, Death Korps of Krieg are permitted, and in the 2,000 point games, each player is permitted one super heavy vehicle (If playing a 3,000 point doubles game, each player is permitted one super heavy vehicle). Yes, we are allowing the Forgeworld Horus Heresy Space Marine Legion Army Lists!

•   Price: Tickets are £25 each, or £22.50 for Bristol Vanguard Club members. Alternatively, we are selling group tickets again. These were very successful at Vanquish! It’s £115 for five people – please supply us with their names when purchased! These five players do NOT need to be on the same team.

•   Date: Saturday 26th and Sunday 27th of October. We’ll be starting at 9:00am on the Saturday and 9:30am on the Sunday.

•   Location: Oasis Academy Brightstowe, Penpole Lane, Shirehampton, Bristol BS11 0EB

•   Food: As usual, we will selling reasonably priced food on the day, including the World Famous Brownies

•   Target Gaming will also be running a stall on the day providing any gaming items you’ve forgotten, as well as providing any items ordered a week in advance.

We look forward to seeing you there!

This is a repost from the vanguard club forum I recommend sending queries to the clubs email address as it is the best point of contact.
Full details and list of players on club forum here; The Bristol Vanguard -> Bristol Vanguard Spoils of War 26th/27th October

[gmod]Removed unnecessary jabs at resolved issues.[/gmod]
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 06:42:06 PM by Grand Master Lomandalis »
Rules Expert 2007 | Kijayle Commemorative Award for Acid Wit 2008 | Most Notoriously Valuable Rules Expert 2009 | Most Notorious 2014

Offline Koval, Master Verispex

• 40kOnline's Care Bear of Tanks | The Velvet Glove of Fated Tenderness and Ambition
  • Ancient
  • Well, that was unexpected...
  • Armies: Imperial Guard (Indelvian 190th Mechanised)
Re: Bristol Vanguard Spoils of War 26th/27th October
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 02:53:32 AM »
EDIT: aaaargh, I want to come, but I've already got something booked for that weekend. Hope it goes well all the same.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 03:41:31 AM by Koval, Master Verispex »

Offline Oliver009

• Armies: Tau
Re: Bristol Vanguard Spoils of War 26th/27th October
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 04:02:00 PM »
As soon as I saw the dates on the Vanguard website a few weeks ago my smile turned upside-down. My Mum's Birthday is on the 26th and therefore I can't go. It's a shame because I needed to regain some honour due to last years shambles (on my part.) Oh well it's great fun and I can't endorse it enough!