News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Exodus, Zombie Survival RPG, Game Thread  (Read 5143 times)

Offline Lord Tyrannicus

• Anti-Power Fist Activist.
Exodus, Zombie Survival RPG, Game Thread
« on: September 17, 2012, 04:17:30 AM »
Exodus

12:00pm, 12 November, 2012

On a small cruise ship off the East Coast...

Beautiful blue seascape spreads out in every direction from the railings of the small cruise ship. White caps roll in against the point of the ship and are cut, pushed to the side. The quiet of the ocean mimics the relaxing atmosphere of the deck, people move about, others sit, basking in the sun. Two weeks have passed since since the ship set sail, a perfect getaway from the hassles of everyday life. All worries drifted away as the boat broke away from the main land, their absence solidified by the first stop, a tropical island, apart from all time.

The Elsinore docked at the island not long after leaving the mainland and had been there for the best part of a week, all its inhabitants making the most of their time away from civilisation, from technology, from trouble. Life was without worry there, the sun shone bright upon the islands warm vibrancy. The people were carefree and their energy passed on to the holiday-goers, their only trouble seemed to be the odd fever that was passing through; it hit the mainland earlier. However, nothing could spoil a holiday like this.

It soon became time to pack up and return for the next leg of the cruise, further up the coast, back to mainland for this stop. Everyone was set in for the longer trip on board this time around. The relaxing nature of island life passed back onto the ship, the deck filled with lazing and grazing people, young and old.

The Captain spoke over the loudspeaker to all the ship's inhabitants, "Hey Folks, this is Captain Faulks here, we have a short detour to take. A minor technical problem with the communications system is making it problematic for us to receive information from the mainland, we will be deviating from the course briefly to stop in at a port town and have it fixed. This shouldn't cause much of a delay and we'll have it rectified before the end of the day. Until then you will only be able to receive the ship's localised TV channels. Sorry for any inconvenience." The intercom cut off and the Captain was gone.

The passengers aboard the deck, at roughly thirty in number made up about half of the total passenger count. With the end of the Captain's message they all went about discussing the issue amongst themselves, before going back about their own business. The message seemed to pass largely as unproblematic throughout the passengers on the deck.

Atop the wooden deck there were many activities taking place. To the middle of the one side there was a woman taking pictures of passengers posing against the white rails running the edges of the ship. Running along the entire edge of the other side of the deck is furniture for the passengers, tables and chairs for chatting, or deck chairs for sun baking. A group of rather loud men sit a one table playing cards, a group of friends sits at another, as does two sets of couples. A small group of young adults are talking on the deck chairs. To the very middle of the deck is a ping-pong table with two young men playing and several others watching.

To the back of the deck is a covered bar and some nicer seating, three family groups are eating at the tables. Several young men and a few women are at the bar drinking and talking.

To the front of the deck is the area in front of the enclosed dining hall and kitchen, and the stairs down into the rooms. A pair of men and two young girls are standing and talking outside the entrance to the dining hall, a few others are talking in this area as well. A dirty looking man with a massive black beard is leaning against the railing to the edge of the front area of the deck.

Many staff and passengers are wandering around the deck also.

This section privy only to Khemri:
[spoiler]"Keep still and say cheese guys!" said Alex through a cheesy smile. With a click, and then a few more the families photos over and done.

"Thanks darl'," said the father, an older man with a greying beard. With that he, his wife and his daughter wandered off along the deck.

"Not a problem!", Alex called out as they walked away, afterwards which she checked through the pictures on the camera for quality. With no more passengers approaching her immediately she looked up and around to see what was happening. As usual there was plenty of passengers around she could snap pictures of, but her best friend Maggie was also on deck, at the bar. Unfortunately so was her sleazy ex-boyfriend, probably chatting her up instead of working like usual.[/spoiler]

This section privy only to The Nightwalker:
[spoiler]"This sure is a lovely vessel, don't you think girls?" Jim said as he eyed off the steelwork around the entrance to the dining hall, running his hand along the white-washed.

The girls rolled their eyes, "You've been saying that since the first day we got on here," said Anya in a rather harsh tone.

"Hey! Don't be so rude Anya," said Glen scalding her. Jim seemed rather oblivious to the comment anyway, he was too good-natured to take anything as an insult. Then again, he was probably too busy salivating over bits of painted metal to even hear what she said.

"Dad, do we have to hang around with you two? I think you'd have a better time if we weren't bothering you. Can't we go and hangout with those guys over there?" asked Anya motioning towards the people three people on the deck chairs.[/spoiler]

This section privy only to Faitherun:
[spoiler]"I didn't think there'd be so many old people on the ship," said Amy in passing, as she lay motionless tanning in the sun.

"I thought you liked old people?" said Todd to Amy.

"Of course she does, she loves everything, especially things like fluffy bunnies, or fluffy old people, like that guy over there," joked Katie, pointing to a ridiculously hairy old man walking around in a pair of blue speedos.

"Ew," replied Amy, cringing, "Well, actually, he is kinda cute, I mean look how oblivious he is, how many people could wear that and not be ashamed? she said with a strange grin.

"You are really weird Amy, but don't worry I already knew that," said Katie laughing, after which the other two joined in.

"I wish they'd make that jerk over there stop smoking, the wind is pushing it all over here," said Todd coughing away the tickle in his throat.[/spoiler]

This section privy only to Killskin:
[spoiler]There are two women standing beside Tom along the bar, next to Tom is Nick, and next to Nick is you. It's only about midday but you're at the bar anyway, it's a holiday, so why not? You've each got a beer in hand, but are still relatively quiet. The bartender girl is chatting quietly with one of the waiters and the two girls are talking amongst themselves.

"Hey good looking," you hear Tom say down the bar, you turn to see both the girls turn to, eyebrows raised in a fashion that tells you that somebody could get slapped if they aren't careful. Then you notice Tom is looking at Nick with a big grin on his face. He's a bit of a lightweight drinker at the best of times.

You can't help but burst into laughter, and either can the dark-skinned girl and her tanned friend, as Nick puts his hand firmly on Tom's shoulder and says, "Thanks mate, appreciate it."[/spoiler]

This section privy only to Saracenar:
[spoiler]A massive cloud of smoke gathers around your table before blowing down the deck, over and over again. Oliver smokes a lot, but at least it keeps him from getting grumpy. Aaron and Rachel are talking amongst themselves quietly, you can't really hear them over the raucous card players a couple of tables over. Your son Layton seems to be avidly watching the ping-pong game going on, but he could just be bored and staring into oblivion.

"So kid, you ever tried smoking?" said Oliver to Layton, pricking your ears.

"No-", answered Layton before being cut off.

"Don't bother, it's terrible stuff," he wheezed before clearing his throat, "Tastes sweet as heaven, but'll wreak havoc on your lungs," he lightly hit his fist to his chest, "Lucky mine are tough as steel," he said, puffing smoke from his cigarette out of his mouth. [/spoiler]

(OOC)This is going to be the tutorial section of the game, get used to your character, and we'll see how smoothly interaction and such goes so I get a feeling for how this works. Enjoy guys! Don't forget to post in spoiler tags!(/OOC)

Here are your current character sheets, just so you know how I'm tracking things:

Privy to Khemri:
[spoiler]Inventory
Clothing:
-   Black Long-Sleeved Shirt
-   Blue Singlet
-   Frayed Blue Jeans (4 Pockets)
-   Underwear
-   Sandals

Possessions:
-   Sunglasses (Head)
-   Silver Bracelet (Arm)
-   Camera with Strap (Neck)

Physical State
Fitness: Average (3/5)
Hunger: Full (5/5)
Thirst: Quenched (5/5)
Sleep: Fully Rested (5/5)
Illness: None.
Injury: None.
[/spoiler]

Privy to The Nightwalker:
[spoiler]Inventory
Clothing:
-   Blue Button Up Shirt (1 Pocket)
-   Brown Leather Long-coat (2 Pockets)
-   Blue Jeans (2 Pockets)
-   Underwear
-   Dress Shoes (with Socks)

Possessions:
-   Expensive Watch (Wrist)
-   Thin Chain Necklace (Neck)

Physical State
[/spoiler]

Privy to Faitherun:
[spoiler]Inventory
Clothing:
-   Bikini

Possessions:
-   None

Physical State
[/spoiler]

Privy to Killskin:
[spoiler]Inventory
Clothing:
-   Flannel Long-Sleeved Button Up Shirt (2 Pockets)
-   Blue Jeans (4 Pockets)
-   Underwear
-   Work Boots (with Socks)

Possessions:
-   None

Physical State
Fitness: Above-Average (4/5)
Illness: Slight Near-Sightedness.
[/spoiler]

Privy to Saracenar:
[spoiler]Inventory
Clothing:
-   T-Shirt
-   Blue Jeans Shorts (2 Pockets)
-   Underwear
-   Shoes (with Socks)

Possessions:
-   None

Physical State
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 06:27:28 AM by Lord Tyrannicus »
~ Lord Tyrannicus

Offline Saracenar

• Skarboy Nob
  • "Ugh..."
  • Armies: Malifaux :P
Re: Exodus, Zombie Survival RPG, Game Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 06:39:43 AM »
Privy to LT:
[spoiler]"Listen to him," Henry warned, leaning in towards the two. "If you ever have the chance to smoke something, don't take it. Although I'm sure you get plenty of second-hand smoke from your mother..."

He slumped back into his chair, fanning some of Oliver's smoke away. "Are you even allowed to smoke up here?" he asked. "I wouldn't be surprised if someone came over to complain about it."[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 09:07:38 AM by Saracenar »

Offline Heretek

• General Freyberg | Out, damn'd Grot! | Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 07:16:33 AM »
Privy to Lord Tyrannicus:

[spoiler]On days like this, Alex didn’t mind her job so much. Sure she wasn’t in the Reuters’ newsroom, like she’d wanted to be, but there were worse places to work than a cruise-ship sailing though a tropical paradise. Raising her camera again, she took a few beauty shots of the deck; people sunbathing, couples walking in the sunshine, kids running around underfoot. The sort of stuff the company expected. She smiled as she panned the camera about, enjoying the moment.

The smile withered when her camera found the bar. Framed by the viewfinder, her rather unsavoury chap, what-ho old bean? ex-boyfriend was leaning against the bar, apparently chatting up her best friend. Letting the camera fall from her hands to hang from its strap around her neck, Alex strode purposefully towards the covered bar area. Petite she might have been, but the sour expression on her face was enough to keep her path clear of holiday-goers.

Alex laid a hand on Daniel’s shoulder, grabbing handful of his steward’s uniform and swivelling him around to face her.

“Don’t you have work you should be doing?” she hissed quietly, not wanting the tourists around them to hear. "Somewhere else?"
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 07:22:45 AM by Khemri. »

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
  • Armies: Deffskullz
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 07:53:02 AM »

[spoiler]“How could I possibly enjoy myself more than spending time with you darling,” he said kissing her brow. He glanced over at the young people before saying, “Alright. You may hang out with them.” Then he added sternly, “but remember, I know more than a few ways to make someone on this ship disappear forever.”

Once the girls were gone he addressed Jim, “maybe we ought to do the same. I’m sure there are pretty of gals our ages aboard looking to get away from their families. At the very least we can be away from the smell of food, I just ate and it’s making me hungry again.” With Jim in tow he looked around for a pretty lady that was semi-close to his age to introduce himself to.
[/spoiler]

Offline Killskin

• Wise men wonder while strong men die.
  • Armies: Da Orks
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 10:15:31 PM »
Privy to Lord Tyrannicus

[spoiler]Edward laughed. "One of these days your gonna get slapped," he said, "and that's how I'll know she is the right girl for me, because she had enough sense to slap you." He started laughing again. As much as he wanted some random female to smack Tom, it hadn't happened yet. One of these days, he thought, one of these days. [/spoiler]
"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death."
    +++ Count Vlad von Carstein +++

Offline faitherun (Fay-ith-er-run)

• Armies: Pointy Ears and bugs
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 12:07:05 AM »
Privy to LT
[spoiler]Katie stretched and rolled over.
"Todd, do you think you could grab us a soda or two? Thanks babe"

As Todd went to grab the drinks, Katie turned to Amy,
"So, see any guys you like yet?"

"Well," started Amy

Just then the intercom crackled into life.

"Hey Folks, this is Captain Faulks here..."

Todd returned as the Captain finished speaking.

"That's odd", he commented. "I thought this was a rather new ship."

"Oh, you never know with technology," Katie replied, "works great one minute, then dies out on you the next"

"Like my phone!" Amy exclaimed, "OMG, so like, did I tell you? One minute it was working, and then the screen went all green and fuzzy, so I tapped on it and it turned off and now I can't get it to turn back on. So weird."

Amy continued talking while Todd started to rub more sunscreen into Katie's back. As a redhead, he knew that she would burn a lot quicker then most others. The man smoking was really starting to bother him though. He hated having asthma. He hated cigarettes even more though.

"Com'on," he said to the girls, "I don't know how much more of this smoke I can inhale. Why don't we go for a dip?"

"Oh you two go," Amy said, eyeing a particularly cute guy across the way. "I think I'll stay here and sun bathe a bit more."

"Suit yourself" Katie said, "Alright dear, lets go then".

[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 12:09:07 AM by faitherun (Fay-ith-er-run) »
So, what your saying is it's not your fault you look stupid by using words you don't get?
Flawless logic.

Offline Lord Tyrannicus

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 07:07:17 AM »
Privy to Khemri:
[spoiler]As you walk up to the bar you notices five tourists, there's three men and two women, having a laugh together. However you're more focused on your ex-boyfriend, whom you were ready to yell at. Yell at quietly of course, after all, you are an employee.

"Darling, you have beautiful eyes," you overhear Daniel saying to Maggie as you walk up, Maggie blushes and smiles cutely back at him. You can't help but feel revolted, how could she not want to slap him? He's disgusting, you decided it's better to take it out on him for now.

You apprehend him and tell him off about slacking off, to which he replies, "Hey Sweet-lips? Come for a kiss have you?" after which he makes a kissy face before bursting into laughter.

You look at him sternly, containing any rage for as long as you can. You'd really like to slap him. Maggie is standing behind him, with eyes downwards towards the bar top. You also notice glancingly that the tourists at the bar are looking in this direction.[/spoiler]

Privy to The Nightwalker:
[spoiler]You decide to let your daughters go off on their own, their old enough to take care of themselves now, but still they aren't really adults. Even though it's a family cruise, sometimes you could use the time to yourselves.

"Thanks Daddy!" they say in unison, somehow teenage girls manage to be cute and rude in the span of seconds. You watch them wander off for a moment and then take a look around the ship yourself.

You wouldn't mind a bit of female companionship, Jim's a nice guy but he's gotten old a lot faster than you and sometimes he just a bit less than great conversation. You scope out the deck for some women, there aren't any at the bar, although there's a few at the dining tables there, but with family. Still none at the tables or deck chairs. Oh, of course they've conglomerated, like all good women do, there's three reasonably good looking women, maybe in their thirty's or forties chatting to each other while leaning against the railing of the ship. Otherwise there is also one other woman by herself  on the move towards where your standing, the dining hall entrance, but she's gorgeous, late thirties maximum, golden blonde hair, and a very nice bikini.[/spoiler]

Privy to Faitherun:
[spoiler]Amy stares across at the cute guy on the other side of the deck, trying to attract him with a bit of skin. You and Todd sometimes feel a bit ashamed to stand next her, jokingly of course, she's a great friend, just not the smartest one.

You decide you'd like to go for a swim, the pool is out on the front end of the boat, past the bar area and in a separate decked area to where you are now. You say goodbye to Katie, grab Todd's arm and are ready to leave before two teenage girls show up behind you. "Hey guys, what's up?" says one of them. You turn to look at them and notice they look very similar, they must be sisters.

"We were just heading off to the pool," you say to them, not sure whether or not you want their company. They're already in their bikini's though, so you may have just offered them an invitation. You can see Todd is taking a quick look over each of them, which you aren't particularly happy about, but then again, they aren't wearing much clothing and Todd doesn't meet many women.

"Oh great, we'll come too!" the slightly older looking one says.[/spoiler]

Privy to Killskin:
[spoiler]"So boys, how are you finding the cruise?" the dark-skinned girl says to you and your friends. She's very pretty, and so is her friend, they seem like nice girls too.

It's just lovely isn't it? Nick replies to girls, beautiful blue ocean, beautiful blue skies, beautiful blue eyes. Oh, oops, that one I wasn't meant to say out loud," he says oh so suavely towards the tanned girl. His British accent lets him get away with it though, somehow even the lamest of compliments sound cute in a British accent. The tanned girl giggles and Nick moves over to talk with her.

The dark-skinned girl motions to the other girl and says, "That's Jessica, I'm Maria, nice to meet you," she extends her hand to shake yours and Tom's. Behind her at the bar you notice that the bartender girl is now looking fairly embarrassed while another girl is quietly yelling at the waiter who was talking to her. You overhear the waiter, "Hey Sweet-lips? Come for a kiss have you?", the girl he's talking to looks back at him, she isn't revealing much, but you can tell its because she is angry. By this point the Maria and Tom are also looking in that direction.[/spoiler]

Privy to Saracenar:
[spoiler]Layton rolls his eyes at you, as most teenagers would when you tell them something they already know.

You complain to Oliver about his smoking, "I don't see any signs that say I can't, besides this is a holiday, I'm supposed to be allowed as much fun as I want," he said taking another puff. "Aaron and Rachel don't seem to care, so stop being a killjoy, here lighten up with one of these," he throws the pack of cigarettes at you, which then hit you in the chest and fall in your lap. You look up at him, eyebrows raised.

More raucous laughter comes from the card player's table, at which point Oliver turns around to see what's going on, "I wonder what they're playing over there, wanna go see if we can join in? They look like their having fun."[/spoiler]

I was having a bit of trouble with switching between Second and Third person perspectives, I'm going to try and stay in Second perspective from now on. Also I'm going to update in in full groups, so each time everyone posts I will collate all the results and mesh them together and then write the story out from there. So parts of your update will be taking place during what you write me, and then more will be added on. If you want to do something in your post I will try to make that the ultimate goal of your part of the update, but there may be points where you are cut off or other things happen in between and I add them in. Thanks guys!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 08:43:51 AM by Lord Tyrannicus »
~ Lord Tyrannicus

Offline Heretek

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 07:42:36 AM »

[spoiler]Alex clamped down on the urge to slap Daniel across his smug face. Just. If they’d been alone at the bar, the bastard would already be on the floor with a few choice bruises. Instead, Alex changed tack, glancing over at Maggie. Her best friend was slowly turning crimson, and apparently inspecting the bar top very carefully.

“Trust me Maggs,” Alex said, raising her voice just enough to carry a little. “You don’t want anything to do with this scumbag.”

She tilted her head back to glare at Daniel, and if her gaze had been any colder, there would have been ice forming on the bar. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see a couple of the tourists were starting to take an interest. Good.

“He’s not the one-woman type.  Right, Daniel?”

Alex wasn’t stupid enough to get herself fired by hitting him in full view of everyone; embarrassing him was a whole other story.
[/spoiler]

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2012, 08:14:42 AM »

[spoiler]Well that is certainly convenient, Glen thought to himself as he watched the girl walk up. When she got closer he greeted her with warm smile and an “afternoon miss,” in such a manner that it simply begged for reply. Damn was she gorgeous, maybe this vacation Jim thought of was better than he imagined.

If he could get her to stop and chat, which he assumed she would since she was on holiday and not in a hurry, he would ask her what she made of the technical problems. All he had to do was keep it casual at first, and the rest would care for itself. Though it had been quite some time since he had last tried to chat up a lady, it couldn’t be much different than riding a bike…
[/spoiler]

Offline Saracenar

• Skarboy Nob
  • "Ugh..."
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2012, 09:07:10 AM »
Privy to LT:
[spoiler]Henry threw the cigarettes back to Oliver, knowing just how bad smoking was. He was glad Layton wasn't interested.

Looking over to the card game, he tried to discern what they were playing. At Oliver's suggestion, he agreed, "Yeah, why not? Beats sitting here having my lungs dry up from all your smoke!"

He rose from the table. "Want to come along too, Layton?" he asked his son. "It looks like there are a few spare seats."

Whether Layton answered or not, he would go over to the table with Oliver and ask, "Hey, what are you guys playing? Reckon we could get in on it?"[/spoiler]

Offline Killskin

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2012, 03:59:51 PM »
Privy to Lord Tyrannicus
[spoiler]Edward strolled on over to the waiter and poured his beer over the waiter`s head. "Ladies," he said casually, "is there a problem here?"[/spoiler]

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2012, 12:07:29 AM »
Privy to LT

[spoiler]Katie looked the two newcomers over quickly. Sure Todd seemed to enjoy how they looked, but he is a guy so hey. She leaned her head against his shoulder, in the way she knew he always enjoyed, and let him feel her bare skin against his.

It worked, he pulled his eyes back over to her and said, "Well let's get going then. I'm Todd," he said while extending a hand

"And I'm Katie", she chimed in as well, also offering her hand [/spoiler]
So, what your saying is it's not your fault you look stupid by using words you don't get?
Flawless logic.

Offline Lord Tyrannicus

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2012, 11:53:35 PM »
Privy to Khemri:
[spoiler]Resisting the urge to slap Daniel, you decide to embarrass him instead, after a few choice words to Maggie you look over to see that a few tourists are watching, two women, one dark-skinned and one with a smooth tan, there are also three men, one is standing next to the tanned girl, he's dressed fairly well for a tropical holiday, the other two are wearing flannel shirts and jeans.

You make a comment about his relationship preferences, and with a smug smile look back over to the tourists, one of the men in flannel, the one with short dark brown hair is moving off the bar, you look back to Daniel. He isn't giving you the kindest look, in fact he looks like he's ready to fight back, he's stupid enough to do it in front of the tourists as well. For a second you worry what he might say, and as he opens his mouth the speak you feel as if you may have created a bad situation, "We-," he says before his head and hair is dowsed in beer. The flannel shirted tourist is standing right beside you all of a sudden, he's poured his beer all over Daniel's head.

"Ladies, is there a problem here?" he says, looking between Maggie and yourself, quite happy with himself.

Daniel looks quietly furious, his fist is clenched as he stares at the tourist.

You notice a few more tourists stop as the pass through, three young girls and a guy are also watching now.[/spoiler]

Privy to Nightwalker:
[spoiler]Jim stood in tow as the lady walked closer towards you, "Afternoon Miss," you say, tilted your head slightly. Jim smiles at her coyly.

"Hello, Mister, what can I do for you?", she says in friendly manner, giving you a once over, her blonde hair bobbing and shining in the sunlight.

"My friend and I were just looking for someone to chat to is all," you say casually.

"Howdy," Jim adds, smiling like he does always. He's a bit of a funny fellow old Jim is, there's something immediately likeable about him, but it's hard to say what it is. He's just one of those people that has an aura of friendliness and intrigue.

"Well hi there sweetie," says the women to Jim, passing over you and moving closer to him, she extends her hand to greet him, and he does the same. "Yasmine, very nice to meet you...?" she asks Jim.

"Jim, a pleasure to meet you too Miss Yasmine, this fellow over here is Glen," he passes conversation back over to you, which you feel thankful for, you almost thought Jim stole her away there.

"Nice to meet you Yasmine, " you say, "So, what do make of all these technical problems?" you ask, opening up the conversation.

"Oh I don't really understand what's going on," she responds with a chuckle, "I just hope they let us off to wander around," a toothy smile appears of her face.

"What? Don't you like it here on the ship?" Jim cuts in, as if its the most shocking thing in the world, his eyes open up wide in disbelief.

"Oh, no no no, I love ships, I just want to get in some more sightseeing!" she says enthusiastically grinning at Jim.

"Phew! For a second there I was worried, because this is one magnificent piece of metal!" he exclaims, his head wandering around the deck, eyes absorbing every detail of the ship.

The woman giggles at Jim. She must find him cute, of course he is, but sometimes you don't care to much about that, especially when he gets to talk to all the pretty girls because of it. [/spoiler]

Privy to Faitherun:
[spoiler]The two girls noticed your closeness with Todd and must realise that you're a couple. They each reach out to shake your hands and introduce themselves, "I'm Anya," said the bigger more talkative one, "And I'm Alice," said the smaller one shyly, but with a pleasant smile.

You head off towards the pool area, waving goodbye to Amy, "So, are you guys here with your parents?" asks Anya.

"No, Todd and I, and our friend Amy back there came ourselves for a holiday to celebrate the end of school," you reply, "How about you?" you ask Anya since she seems to be more talkative than her sister.

"Yeah, we had to come with our Dad," replied Anya, looking over to see where he was. "He's over there," she said pointing, "Oh my god, what is he doing with that woman, I hope he isn't trying to chat her up," she slammed her head into her palm in embarrassment. You look over and see a pair of middle aged men and a woman together, the women has long blonde hair and a fairly revealing bikini on, one of the men has a blue button up shirt on with jeans, the other is wearing jeans and grey t-shirt. "Let's just go to the pool," said Anya, she appears to be very embarrassed.

"I think it's nice that Dad is talking to some other women," said Alice softly, she had a nice voice. Anya looked at her with furrowed eyebrows, in response Alice just looked away.

Feeling a bit awkward in the middle of the conversation Todd chimed in on a lighter note, "Alright, lets go on our way then!," he began walking off in the direction of the pool with you in hand. As you walk along the tables and chairs you glance across at the people, a couple is sitting right near the smoking man, kissing and whispering together. Just as you pass by the smoking man he gets up, as does his friend sitting with him, but the third younger fellow stays down, you look over at him and then up to Todd, who is glaring at him and coughing noticeably, as if trying to make a point. You hold Todd's arm tighter and push him on forwards, he really isn't one to be getting into any kind of fight.

Luckily the smoker and his friend don't seem to be getting up on a count of you and are just moving across to another table, the one with a group of loud card players, three of them.

"What are jerk," says Todd about the smoker after he comes out of earshot. You're closer to the bar now, where he can't hear you, after saying that Todd stops and looks over over at at the bar, "Woah, that guys just poured his beer over the waiter," Todd says, looking at you. The girls behind are also looking on at the waiter. His hair is soaked as is his shirt up around the shoulders, he doesn't look very happy with the flannel shirted man who did it. There are two guys and girls at the bar watching on, as well as the bartender girl and the ships photographer.[/spoiler]

Privy to Killskin:
[spoiler]As you stroll on over to the waiter you overhear the last bit of the conversation, “He’s not the one-woman type. Right, Daniel?” said the other woman at the bar, she was the one taking photos of all the passengers, she had her big camera around her neck. Neither of the two notice you as you walk up to them, and the girl jumps, startled, as you pour your beer over the waiter's head. The bartender looks on with her jaw wide open. You also hear your friends and the two girls makes a sound as you do it.

The waiter does not look happy with you at all, he's a roughly similar size to you as well, a good hit might take you down, but then again he is staff, and you're a customer. You notice a few more people stop to look on, three young girls and a guy are now watching to. Nobody says anything instantly, but the waiters expressions speaks for itself.[/spoiler]

Privy to Saracenar:
[spoiler]"Want to come along too, Layton?" you ask your son, looking over at the card players. Looking down at him it doesn't appear that he's very interested.

"No thanks Dad, I'll just hang around," sometimes it's hard to tell with Layton, he was excited to come along on the cruise, especially since he doesn't get to see you very much, but he doesn't seem very comfortable around you a lot of the time. You decide to leave him be for now.

"Okay, well I'll see you in a bit, have fun," you say while standing up from the table with Oliver. As you stand a group of younger people, roughly around Layton's age walk past, three girls and a guy. The young guy glares at Oliver and makes some coughing noises as he walks by, Oliver glares back. Once they're out of earshot he comments, "rather unsavoury chap, what-ho old bean?," referring to the boy, "Let's go Henry, and now don't you have too much fun Chuckles," he says slapping Layton in the side of the head playfully, Layton smiles a bit, but doesn't say anything. Oliver moves off towards the card players, slapping Aaron on the head on his way past too, "Break it up love-birds," he keeps walking on towards the table.

You meet up with him at the table, there's three guys there, one is an older man, maybe in his fifties or sixties, and the other two are probably in their thirties or forties, the loudest one seems to Spanish or Puerto Rican or something, you can't really tell but he's calling the others amigo and muchacho  a lot and has a bit of an accent. He seems to be winning.

"Hell my friends! Amigos! Come sit down, you want to play! Join in!," he yells to you, even though you're right there. Oliver sits down, it looks like they are playing poker of some kind, you aren't sure if you should play.

"Ah," you mumble.

"Hey! No time to lose," he jumps up and prods you into a seat. "Okay boys," he deals out cards, "Texas Hold 'Em, Alejandro here, Big Al over there, " he says pointing to the older man, who gives a little wave in response, "And... Muchacho here," he says pointing to the other man, obviously forgetting his name.

"Vince," says the man.

"Whatever, lets play," he dealing out the flop of cards, ace of hearts, four of diamonds and eight of clubs. You look at your cards and you hold a pair of aces, clubs and spades.

"Henry," you share with the others, Oliver does the same. The other guys are busy with there cards. Oliver pulls out a new cigarette and lights up.

"Hey! What are you doing Amigo?!", he looks at Oliver seriously before bursting into laughter, "Hey give me one of those!", he grabs a cigarette from Oliver, whom helps him light up.

"Okay, gentlemen," propositions Alejandro, "Let's play one hundred dollars each in to start off this round, then we will play at a lower bid, because I don't want to find out these guys are stingy,". He says somehow both seriously and jokingly. You aren't sure whether or not to go on but don't really have a choice, as the others all press on too quickly without you.

The next card comes out as queen of clubs. Each of the other players raise and call up to a total of one hundred and twenty dollars each.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 10:40:15 PM by Lord Tyrannicus »
~ Lord Tyrannicus

Offline Killskin

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2012, 03:54:10 PM »
Privy to Lord Tyrannicus
[spoiler]Edward ignored the waiter's anger and continued his casual tone. "Don't you have other things you should be doing besides terrorizing the female population aboard the ship," he asked, "someone's not getting a tip."[/spoiler]

Offline Heretek

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2012, 02:23:01 AM »
Privy to Lord Tyrannicus

[spoiler]Whoops, may have gone a bit far, Alex thought; Daniel was visibly about to lose his temper, never mind that they were standing at the bar on the main deck and surrounded by customers. She was saved from having to try and salvage the situation, though, when the tourist she’d seen at the bar a moment ago, in the flannel shirt, emptied his glass over Daniel’s head.

"Ladies, is there a problem here?"

“Wha-?” Alex managed, turning to stare at the man, utterly dumbfounded.

The big tourist seemed about as pleased with himself as Daniel had been a moment before. Alex could see, out of the corner of her eye, Daniel’s fists clenching in anger. amphetamine parrot. He’s going to take a swing at this rather unsavoury chap, what-ho old bean?, and then we’ll both be out of a job. Alex put herself in between Daniel and flannel-shirt-guy, hands raised palm-up towards both of them.

“Dan,” she said, not looking at him. “Please, just walk away before you do something we’ll both regret.”

She glared up at the tourist. Alex stood five foot four, and the big guy looked like he had a good eight inches on her, but at the moment she could have slapped him as well as Daniel.

“And you. I don’t know who the beslubber you think you are, but we can handle ourselves without you barging in trying to be chivalrous, and making things worse!” [/spoiler]
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 02:25:04 AM by Khemri. »

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2012, 09:39:08 AM »
Privy to Lord Tyrannicus
[spoiler]Lucky dunce, Glen thinks to himself, why does this happen every time a try to talke to lady? This used to be easier. "Speaking of sightseeing, is there anything on this cruise your especially excited for?" Glen decided to inquire. It certainly couldn't hurt to appear interested in her. He was aware it was probably foolish to be trying to win girls at his age, but Glen couldn't resist an adventure of any sorts. He always had a sparkle in his eye at the thought of a new adventure, and that sparkle was there now. Even if he couldn't actually gain her favor, it would be fun to try.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 09:54:32 AM by The Nightwalker »

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2012, 11:51:03 PM »
Privy to LT

[spoiler]

"Why that pompous..." Todd started,

"Honey, no!" Katie said. "Please, just, lets go" Pulling on his arm she lead a very upset Todd away from the scene.

"The nerve of some people," Todd said, "I just, I don't know. I need to get off this boat I think."

"Well, we should be coming into a harbor soon. What was it called again?"

[/spoiler]
Flawless logic.

Offline Saracenar

• Skarboy Nob
  • "Ugh..."
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2012, 12:33:31 AM »
Privy to LT:
[spoiler]'These guys move pretty quick,' Henry thought, check his cards and trying to keep up with them. He hadn't played Texas Hold 'em that many times but he knew the rules, and he knew pocket aces was good, especially when there were aces on the table as well. He couldn't help but smirk, and looked to Oliver to see his expression. Often times you could tell a novice from a pros by the look on their face. Then he realised he had just smiled. 'And that's why I'm a novice,' he reminded himself, hoping no one had seen.

Suddenly it was his turn to respond. "Call," he blurted, throwing in 20 dollars. Three-of-a-kind was a good hand to go on, but there were definitely much better ones.

He looked at the others to see if he could tell anything from their faces. Alejandro was pretty jolly, but he got the feeling he was like that all the time. Unless he was already winning, of course.
[/spoiler]

Offline Lord Tyrannicus

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2012, 10:38:41 PM »
Privy to Khemri:
[spoiler]This situation got out of hand fast, all of a sudden two rather large men, compared to you at least, look like they are about to fight. Hopefully they aren't as stupid as they look. The Tourist opened up his big mouth again, "Don't you have other things you should be doing-" he said, before being cut off.

Dan pushed him. Stopped him right in the middle of his speech. It was just a little shove, it only offset him a little bit, but you didn't want it to go any farther. You jump in between the two hands raised, first you tell Dan to walk away and then you just tell off the tourist.

You notice a few of the other tourists watching start to disperse from behind you. Also the other two guys from the bar walk over and stand beside the flannel-shirted guy. Now there's five people in the midst, and Dan hasn't moved away yet. Maggie has moved over to the other side of the bar to get away from it all.

"Excuse me Ladies and Gentlemen, could you all please leave the area for a moment, thank you," a voice comes from the remaining tourists. The two girls at the bar and a few other tourists move off. At which point you notice that it is the Security Guard, Ricky, who was speaking. The five of you are now waiting for him to move over, "Alright, you five, back off each other and come with me," Dan and Tourist may have been reasonably well-built compared to you, but Ricky was a monster of a man, no one was going to second guess him.

Dan backed off, as did the three tourists, no one looked happy. Ricky motioned for everyone to follow and moved off in the direction of the front of the ship.

You and Dan split off and walked on one side of Ricky, the three tourists on the other.[/spoiler]

Privy to Nightwalker:
[spoiler]Jim sees to be getting all the attention, so you try to gain her interest and ask her about sight-seeing.

"Oh I'm up for just about anything! I've lived in the same place for longest time now and I just want to get out and see something that isn't the same old city, I'm hoping for a nice rural town," she prattles on. She seems very nice, a bit of a jabber jaw, but nice, and she's very pretty.

"Oh yes, that would be nice," you reply smiling.

"You know, if they do let us off I could use some company, my friends here are content to hang around in the sun, so I'll be all alone," she offers her company.

You would definitely like to say yes, then you remember your daughters and consider whether or not you'd like them to be around while you have a lady friend, because they'll definitely want to get off.[/spoiler]

Privy to Faitherun
[spoiler]You stand and watch the scene for a second, Todd remarks at the tourist in a flannel shirt, not very happy at him. His good nature is being attacked from all angles all of sudden. You stop him from getting to upset and lead him away towards the pool.

"The nerve of some people," Todd said, "I just, I don't know. I need to get off this boat I think."

"Well, we should be coming into a harbor soon. What was it called again?"

"I dunno, they didn't say, I assume it will just be some random town with a port, could anywhere I guess," Todd replies as you finally reach the pool area. There's a few kids playing in the shallow end and a father watching them from the chairs surrounding, but that's about it. "Hopefully they let us get off for a little while regardless.

The pool area isn't very big, but there's plenty of room at the moment in the pool, there's also heaps of deck chairs around the area completely empty and a hot tub that's also empty.

"Hey, let's get in the hot tub," said Alice to Anya.

"Okay, sounds good," replied Anya, the two girls walked off towards the hot tub.[/spoiler]

Privy to Killskin:
[spoiler]You continue on making your point to the angry Waiter, "Don't you have other things you should be doing-" you're cut off as a sudden force hits your chest, momentarily winded you realise the Waiter has shoved you. It offsets you a little, but you're fine. You open your mouth to tell him off, but before you can say anything the photographer lady that the Waiter was being rude to jumps in between you with her hands raised.

First she speaks to the Waiter, “Dan,” she said, not looking at him. “Please, just walk away before you do something we’ll both regret.” Next she speaks to you, “And you. I don’t know who the beslubber you think you are, but we can handle ourselves without you barging in trying to be chivalrous, and making things worse!”

The bartender and a few of the other tourists around move off quickly. You aren't particularly happy with either of these two now, even the girl doesn't appreciate your help. The next moment you realise that Nick and Tom have left the girls and are standing behind you looking formidable.

No one says anything for a moment and then a voice comes out from the remaining tourists watching, "Excuse me Ladies and Gentlemen, could you all please leave the area for a moment, thank you," You turn and see that it's the Security Guard, which is just great since all you were trying to do was help. He's a massive man though, much bigger than you, I don't think anyone would consider speaking back to him. "Alright, you five, back off each other and come with me," the Waiter moves off, so you do too. The Security Guard motions for you to follow him towards the front of the ship. The Waiter and Photographer move to one side of him, you and your friends go to the other. [/spoiler]

Privy to Saracenar:
[spoiler]You threw in twenty dollars from your pile of poker chips, with a pretty good had it was worth it. Although everyone else was still in also. You look up to see everyone else's faces, Alejandro looked pretty happy, he was bobbing his head around puffing out smoke from his cigarette. Oliver was hard to pick, his smoking kept him awake at night, so almost always had deep purple around his eyes, which also drooped from a combination of sleeplessness and the extra wrinkles smoking causes. Al looked didn't have much to his face, he's probably a reasonably good player. Vince on the other hand is sweating a bit and doesn't look real confidant, probably not the greatest player.

The next card comes round and it's a four of clubs. Al checks, so does Oliver, Alejandro throws in another forty dollars, Vince folds, and then it's your turn to decide what to do.

Alejandro is still looking confident, but the cigarette is keeping his face preoccupied, so you aren't sure.[/spoiler]
~ Lord Tyrannicus

Offline Killskin

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2012, 03:37:24 PM »
Privy to Lord Tyrannicus
[spoiler]Edward was quite unhappy. Not only did the waiter shove him, but the camera girl intervened and he prevented him from breaking the waiter's jaw. Now, he was being escorted away by a security guard. Some vacation this turned out to be. [/spoiler]