News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Arena  (Read 3438 times)

Offline Gunner1116

Arena
« on: April 11, 2012, 08:09:09 PM »
This game spots are reserved right now for Saracenar and Killskin because they were the first two to show interest in it. If either of them decide not to play a spot will open up.

Different Combat Options:
Gladiatorial Melee Fight: The combat will take place in a colosseum, the floor of it is sand and it is open to the hot, dry sun. The combatants will have access to different melee weapons and armors. The field is circular and has a diameter of about 50 yards.

Urban Gunfight: The combat takes place in a large grocery store similar to Walmart, there are no civilians inside the building. The isles and many other things provide excellent cover and concealment. The combatants will choose a single small arms weapon. I will give the players a much more detailed description of the arena if this is chosen.

Naval Battle in the 18th Century: The combat takes place on the open sea, no where to hide or run. The combatants will captain a ship and a crew and fight for supremacy of the sea.

Medieval Joust: The combat takes place in an arena similar to a colosseum. The field is flat and has a diameter of about 50 yards. Combatants will choose weapons and armor and will start mounted on horseback.

Killskin and Saracenar simply create a character, vote on the maps, and PM your initiative roll.
"Don't take life too seriously, you'll never make it out alive."

Offline Saracenar

• Skarboy Nob
  • "Ugh..."
  • Armies: Malifaux :P
Re: Arena
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 10:22:50 PM »
My votes are thus:

1. Gladiatorial Combat
2. Joust
3. Gunfight
4. Naval Battle

Offline Gunner1116

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 10:31:52 PM »
I have been really itching to get this started, the arena/combat will be the Gladiatorial Combat since this is first on Saracenar's list. Killskin if you don't want this arena/combat we can scrap what I post and you and Saracenar can agree on something else.

SS7 and Vela'Squath find themselves inside a massive armory filled with a multitude of weapons and armor. Lining the walls are gladiuses made of the finest steel, battle axes, spears, long swords, scimitars, sabers, sickles, large two handed swords, whips, maces, and almost any other ancient melee weapon ever created. Laid on wooden tables and set on wooden manikins are different sets of armor. They range from simple leather armor to heavy plate mail. Near the sets of armor are shields of different sizes and materials.

Your characters are free to choose things that aren't mentioned, I want you guys to have as much control as possible. The choices of armor are vague for this reason as well. Go into as much detail as you feel like. If you want me to be more specific or descriptive just ask. After your characters have chosen their armor and weapons (they can have multiple weapons on them if they wish) they will enter the arena.

SS7 and Vela'Squath enter the circular arena, it is covered in sand and there is no cover around at all. They are guided by two guards to opposite sides of the field. They are separated by fifty yards. They take a few seconds to size each other up, SS7 is the first to act.

Alright killskin, it is your action phase. Saracenar after killskin posts his action phase you will post your reaction phase. If either of you have any questions feel free to ask.

Offline Saracenar

• Skarboy Nob
  • "Ugh..."
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 09:14:27 AM »
[Before entering the arena...]

Vela'Squath eyed the weapons and armour with its dark eyes. It was pleased with the wide variety of equipment to choose from. Striding towards the nearest set of armaments, he took from the wall a particularly deadly-looking spiked-flail. The ball and chain were a shining steel, and the handle was wrapped in a tough leather. It glistened in the dancing light of the hanging torches nearby. Soon it would glisten with blood.

The alien attached the weapon to a belt it had procured earlier, and moved to take a spatha long sword. Testing it with a flourishing motion, Vela'Squath then placed it on the belt, on its opposite hip.

Moving to the armour section, it took with eager hands a steel-forged chest-plate, and a matching helmet, with an opening in the bottom, exposing the mouth. The Denge put on the helmet, and bore its teeth in an approving snarl. It then put on the plate.

Taking a lightweight iron buckler shield, large for its kind, it tested its weight, before keeping it.

Finally, Vela'Squath returned to the weapons area, and retrieved a single, steel-tipped spear. Tapping its blunt end against the hard ground, it then proceeded to enter the arena, wearing the armour and the weapons, holding the spear and the shield, to await its opponent.

Offline Killskin

• Wise men wonder while strong men die.
  • Armies: Da Orks
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 05:53:37 PM »
SS7 looked at the large variety of medieval weaponry. He had never seen a being quite like the one he was to fight, but it didn't matter to him. One of them had to die, and he was deteremined that it wouldn't be himself. After examining the vast armory, he grabbed two gladius, a spear, a one-handed battle axe, and a circualr shield two feet in diameter. He then proceed to don a viking-like helmet and chain mail to keep himself mobile and not restrict his movement too much. After, the greenish thing stepped out into the arena, he grabbed to daggers and concealed them, just in case.

[enters arena]

Taking the initiative, SS7 approaches his opponent with his shield in front of him. He them makes a sudden forward lunge, swings his shield at his enemy to stun him, and follows it up with a swing from the battle axe.
"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death."
    +++ Count Vlad von Carstein +++

Offline Saracenar

• Skarboy Nob
  • "Ugh..."
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 09:44:07 AM »
Vela'Squath watched his opponent carefully as he entered the arena. The crowd began to cheer in anticipation of the coming bloodshed.

The human moved toward the alien, nimbler than it appeared for its size. The Denge was still quick to react however, attempting to dodge backwards and avoid the shield bash. His gambit was that the attack likely to follow would also fall on empty air, should he evade the shield. It pulled its spear back and behind itself, to avoid it being knocked from its hands before the alien had the chance to use it.

Offline Gunner1116

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 05:30:29 PM »
The two combatants closed together, the noise of the shouting onlookers filling their ears. SS7 moves first. Vela'Squath, though a bit shorter than SS7 is just as strong. Their shields clash together, neither one gaining an advantage. He follows through with a swing from his battle axe. Vela'Squath pivots and deflects the blow with his shield.

Now it is Saracenar's Action Phase, after he posts, Killskin it will be your Reaction Phase.

Offline Saracenar

• Skarboy Nob
  • "Ugh..."
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 11:19:35 PM »
The alien's gamble paid off. In the moment it had, it jumped backwards and brought the spear to bear. With a powerful motion, Vela'Squath thrust the spear through the air at the human, hoping to either weaken his shield or throw him off balance for a moment. Or, failing that, impale him and end the fight early.

He then proceeded to draw the spiked flail, and hold his shield before him defensively.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 11:21:53 PM by Saracenar »

Offline Killskin

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, 04:02:42 PM »
SS7 had been expecting a spear thrust. He side-stepped to the left to avoid the spear. He then proceeded to execute his shield bash, axe combo that he had just previously tried to see if he would have better luck. He also figured that the creature would not be expecting the same move twice, so he figured he had the element of surprise.

Offline Gunner1116

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 06:23:19 PM »
Vela'Squath's spear sailed through the air towards SS7. The crowd roared as the adrenaline pumping through the combatants seemed to slow time. SS7 sidestepped at the perfect moment; the spear missed him by mere inches and imbedded itself into the sand behind him.

(Killskin, I would prefer if you didn't post your action phase with your reaction post. In your reaction post you cannot counter attack. This is because your opponent might cause you to not be able to do something that you have posted. Its fine here, because Saracenar's Action didn't stop you from being able to do that. Saracenar go ahead and post your reaction, Killskin your fine since you already posted your action.)

Offline Saracenar

• Skarboy Nob
  • "Ugh..."
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2012, 08:06:38 AM »
The human narrowly avoided the alien's throw. It grit is teeth, and beat its chest with its shield-hand, beckoning the human towards it. It came, bringing forth its shield again. He anticipated a similar strike to what he tried earlier would follow; the axe being the only weapon he had in-hand.

This time the alien would parry the shield away with it's own and attempt to land a blow with the flail, should the opportunity prevent itself.

[OOC]Note that I am only attempting to parry with this reaction. The attack will follow if I'm successful here.[/OOC]

Offline Gunner1116

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2012, 09:47:50 AM »
SS7 threw himself at Vela'Squath and slammed his shield into him with a force that the alien was not expecting. The shield bash threw him off balance and the humans axe cut into the side Vela'Squath's chest. The aliens armor managed to keep the axe from doing maximum damage, but he is now bleeding from a large gash in his chest and several of his ribs ache terribly.

Offline Saracenar

• Skarboy Nob
  • "Ugh..."
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2012, 08:06:14 AM »
The Denge roared in anger as the axe split its armour and pierced its rough skin. Deciding to act quickly, Vela'Squath lunged forward and attempted to head-butt the human with as much force as it could muster.

Offline Killskin

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2012, 09:22:00 PM »
SS7, pleased with its performance, threw the axe aside after he saw the damage it had caused. Then he saw the alien attempting to headbutt him. SS7 braced his shield with both hands and, with all of his weight behind it, thrust his shield forward to meet the alien's headbutt. SS7 figured the massive impact would at least knock him unconscience.

Offline Gunner1116

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2012, 10:59:27 PM »
Vela'Squath was too fast for SS7, he didn't have time to raise his shield to counter his opponents attack. The Denge's skull smashed into the humans with such a force that SS7 was knocked off his feet. SS7's head was spinning and his vision blurred, but being an expert fighter he managed to recover in a few seconds.

Offline Killskin

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2012, 04:58:37 PM »
SS7 quickly recovered. That impact would have been able to knock out a normal person, but SS7 was not just another person. SS7 quickly pulled out one his concealed daggers and threw it at the aliens noseless face. He then got to his feet as fast as he could and drew a gladius.

Offline Saracenar

• Skarboy Nob
  • "Ugh..."
« Reply #16 on: May 1, 2012, 04:56:07 AM »
Seeing him draw the dagger, Vela'Squath smiled for a second. Win by any means necessary, it thought. With the few moments it had, it raised it's shield to protect itself while attempting to sidestep the flying weapon, watching it as it spiralled through the air.

Offline Gunner1116

« Reply #17 on: May 2, 2012, 09:37:06 PM »
SS7's dagger flew straight and true and Vela'Squath failed go get his shield up in time. The dagger pierced his body armor and embedded itself into the aliens chest causing immense pain.

Offline Saracenar

• Skarboy Nob
  • "Ugh..."
« Reply #18 on: May 6, 2012, 08:55:20 PM »
Howling in agony, the alien stumbled backwards. Inhaling sharply, it snarled at the human. Bringing its flail to bear, it started to spin the deadly chained ball around in the air above its head. As it gathered lethal momentum, Vela'Squath started to approach the human, each footstep upon the arena floor accompanied by drops of green blood.

With a mighty roar, it swung the flail with its greatest strength at the human's torso, the aim to shatter any defence SS7 could muster, and then shatter him.

[OOC]Sent my roll, but the message title should Action Phase 3, not 2.[/OOC]
« Last Edit: May 6, 2012, 08:57:37 PM by Saracenar »

Offline Killskin

« Reply #19 on: May 8, 2012, 03:32:33 PM »
SS7 knew watched the flail spin and knew immediately that at that momentum it had enough power to break his shield, his arm, or both. So instead, SS7 dropped to the sandy ground to avoid the alien's mighty swing.