News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Ork List Building Competition 1k Entry  (Read 2118 times)

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
Ork List Building Competition 1k Entry
« on: November 4, 2015, 10:47:56 AM »
Here is my speed freak list. I must admit I have played this list a few times and it worked out pretty well. Had a win/didn't lose ratio of 2 to 1. (till my LGS closed and now I can't play... grumble grumble)

WARBOSS: Axekikker, Armor, Boss Pole, TL shoota, Cybork, Headwoppa,   =97
T1: 12 BOYS; Shootas, Nob with boss pole Big Choppa    =103
DT: TRUKK; ram.   =35
T2: 10 ARD BOYS; Slugga and Choppa, Nob, Boss Pole, PK    =140
DT: TRUKK; Wrecking ball, ram.   = 45
F1:  3 War Buggies, Twin Link Rockits,    = 75
F2:  Deffcopta, Twin Link Rocket Launcha.     = 30
F3:  Deffcopta, Twin Link Rocket Launcha.     = 30

FOC 2
PAIN BOY   =50
T1: 12 BOYS; Slugga and Choppa, NOB, boss pole, Big Choppa.    = 97
DT: TRUKK; Wrecking ball, ram    = 45
T2: 12 BOYS; Slugga and Choppa, NOB, boss pole, Power Claw.    = 112
DT: TRUKK; Wrecking ball, ram    = 45
F1:  Deffcopta, Twin Link Rockits,.     = 30
F3:  Deffcopta, Twin Link Rockits,.     = 30
F3:  Deffcopta, Twin Link Rockits,.     = 30

Total   =994

Tactics.
The warboss and pain boy ride in the truck with the ard boys and go for any enemy elite units that might be hanging around. The shoota boys drive around by the ard boys and do drive by shootings in support of the boss and his unit.

The other two trucks of boys go about causing mayhem till near the end of the game, then rush to take objectives. The three rockit buggies start on the board and surprisingly usually take the most fire in the first couple of turns. They don't do much but die off, but since the enemy fire power is concentrated on them it allows the trucks to get into position to drop off their boys.

The deff koptas all start in reserve and come in from the sides killing stuff and causing my opponents to start moving in different directions allowing my boys to concentrate on one segment of the enemy army at a time and wipe it out.

Empty trucks go around hitting things with their wrecking balls and/or tank shocking enemy units to move them closer for a charge or further away from boys already in combat.

Of course it is a blood bath, and most, if not all of the vehicles are destroyed by the end of the game. Most games the boys units are badly decimated, but usually enough to claim an objective. The koptas are amazingly resilient, and have survived enough games that they are decorated with decals and some extra paint. 

Hope you like the list.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 06:43:45 AM by SKEETERGOD »
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
Re: Ork List Building Competition 1k points
« Reply #1 on: November 4, 2015, 02:08:04 PM »
Awesome list. I love the speediness of the list. Great demonstration of ork tactics. What might seem like mayhem to the untrained eye, is actually extreme cunning strategy in disguise.

Only a few suggestions I may make, would be to avoid duplication of bosspoles in the warlords's unit to save a couple of points and then maybe trade a power klaw on one of your nobs for another big choppa and get a deff kopta a buzzsaw. I find and outflanking, jetbike speeding, higher toughness power klaw ends up causing much more ruccess than one attached to a boyz unit and ends up being more survivable, especially since he can't be challenged and has that extra toughness and better armour save already built in

Great list. Makes me want to get some more trucks.  ;D

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 07:34:48 AM »
Thanks for the reply. Those extra six points are infuriating as that is how much a boy costs, but there is no room to put one in anywhere...

As for the extra boss pole, it is to use up points, as there is no room to put anything else in any units. I have thought of adding a rockit launcha to a boys unit to defend against tank shocking vehicles (automatic hit is an orks best friend) but then the boy loses his bonus attacks that I need when I get into a scrum with a squad of marines.

Hmmm, more thinkin to do.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)

Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Ork E Nuff

• Ork Boy
  • 'ere WE go, 'ere WE go, 'ere WE go!!!!!
  • Armies: Orks, SM (occassionally)
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2015, 06:08:18 PM »
Great list, o' Speedy One!  Makes me almost, ALMOST, want to try a KoS list!
Blood n Guts is nuffin more dan bio-d-gradible axle grease.....Remember, that which does not kill you, will only try harder the next time...I've named me attack squig "Skippy"....is that wrong?

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2015, 06:49:59 AM »
Great list, o' Speedy One!  Makes me almost, ALMOST, want to try a KoS list!

(swings shiney thing on end of a string in front of you) Yesssss, you want to join the kult, red is your favorite color, fasta is betta!

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
Re: Ork List Building Competition 1k Entry
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2015, 05:11:33 PM »
(swings shiney thing on end of a string in front of you) Yesssss, you want to join the kult, red is your favorite color, fasta is betta!
If you attach the old Armageddon codex to that string you got me on the hook.  Come to think of it, thats pretty much how I became a Kultist in the first place, even if I'm mostly a reformed footslogger the past five or six years.

Once again Skeetergod I see your a Trukker fanatic through and through, and getting 5 demi-Barons in there as well; my inner chef is kissing his fingers saying 'voila'!

The only real comment I have is on the Warboss's Cybork.  With the Painboy's Doc Tools and Cybork body now delivering the same thing, it is in a sense almost a boy's worth of points thrown away, but at the same time I relish having an extra Bosspole in the unit as a backup in case the Warboss gets sniped out.

Its a dang solid list here, and anyone thinking about giving it a go should!

Peace
~OD
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard