News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Way of the Waaagh: The New Green Menace Mega Thread  (Read 153879 times)

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
Re: Way of the Waaagh: The New Green Menace Mega Thread
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2011, 11:55:47 AM »
First off I'm not really sure how the campaigns work, like do I play you guys somehow or find willing people here to play me or what?

You find people at your local who are willing to play battles against your orks, and be patient enough while you take pictures and notes for battle reports.

That aside I kinda like the painted army thing you could make it like the sector thing where you get points or whatever for different categories like fully painted, half painted and so on and so forth, people with say 10% army painted would have their army appearance "show" against the others in that category.

I like the idea of bonus points for painted armies, or like the KoN campaign; noteriety points. We will have to discuss that feature in further depth. Maybe add in some sort of toof award for mostly painted, painted, painted good, etc. etc. etc.

But not knowing for sure how it works, I have serched for examples, I can't be for sure what else to add. If we do plays games at local clubs then I say special scenarios is always fun we can always print them out to show our opponent to agree to. The guys I play with are always more than willing to do something new and different, a change of pace from the Dawn of War/Annihilation

I too like the different scenarios, and am a big fan of the Battle Missions book. I also have the last three rule books that also have different missions in them, so am able to find lots of alternatives to the standard 1 in 3 roll off with the current rule book.

So we now have added in the different missions aspect, so if any of you have a favorite mission that you would like everyone to play; go ahead and send it to me, and it might end up in the next campaign.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2011, 08:30:00 AM »
The bank account is updated, hmmmm, a quiet week, too quiet, we needs to be making more noise than this, after all; we is orks!

The membership has changed around some but we have 44 members now, we are almost half way to a green tide of orks.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)

Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2011, 03:31:22 PM »
I would like to make an announcement.  The council has voted and I am very proud to introduce our new promotions.  These orks have demonstrated that they have what it takes to be green....

Our new nobz promotions:
Azonalanthious (biker nob)
Jack_Merridew (kommando nob)

Our new elite promotions:
Saracenar (Skarboy)
the_humble_terminat or (Tankbusta Boy)

Our new boy promotions:
The harbringer
darkreaperexarch13
Rayvn70

Our new members:
adamscurr (ork boy)
Quasarcq (ork boy)
Massaen (ork boy)
Unite All Action Your Cultist! (ork boy)
Kogtoof (yoof)

Keep up the good work everyone and take a minute to congratulate our recent promotions and welcome our new members.  You should see your new titles to your names over the next few days.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 11:37:15 PM by angel of death 007 »

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2011, 12:27:32 PM »
YES! (does really ugly looking kung foo move) Promotions... Those who got them really deserved them. I think they are all great members of our forum and are a krumpy asset to this here green menace (even if some of them are not members of the kult of speed..... Yet).

Congrats to you all.

OK, enough back slapping, now get back to work posting stuff.....

Offline dusthawk

• Ork Yoof
« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2011, 02:19:04 PM »
I would like to join this board, please. I am just starting to put together an ork army! :D

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2011, 08:18:34 AM »
Welcome to the green side, your name has been added to the bank account.

Now, on page 1 of this thread is the FAQ, make sure to check it out. Then off to bootcamp with you THIS LINK

Them make sure to post a new thread introducing your self and letting us know what kind of ork army you are starting to get some great custome advice.

Again, welcome to the green side.

Offline Jack_Merridew

• Kommando Nob
  • Shhh....be warry warry quiet, I'm huntn' umies...
« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2011, 09:54:40 AM »
Congrats to the new ones and to all the promotions!!  As orks we is da bestest!  Now go krump sumfing and WAAAGH!

Offline moc065

• Infinity Circuit / Necrontyr Lord / KoN Warlord
  • Ancient
  • King of the Preemptive Strike
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2011, 01:35:43 PM »
Congrats to all promotions and welcome to the Bluu side for the Newbs. yes I said Bluu, as my Dudes are Bluu in da Phaes, as not all Orks like to be Green.

Cheers, and on a side note after some 4 losses to Dark Eldar in the past month-ish I finally got my revenge with a complete massacre of the opponent yesterday. Mind you I only had my Boss and a couple Knobs left at the end; but not one of those pointy eared barstiches made it off the battlefield alive - we crated them all up and will hold the mass burial at a later date. Condolences would be sent to their families etc; but we intend on stomping their guts out next, so we will tell them face to face as we look into their cold dead eyeballs.

Arraghhhhhhhhhhhhh  Da Big Bluu Dude had a good day.
Join POC: Saim-Hann
or Read the Guide to Eldar
or read the Guide to Necrons

And Click here if you like Magic The Gathering

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2011, 03:21:12 PM »
I am glad Da Big Bluu Dude had a good day.  Nothing makes a boss happier then we he gets to krump some heads.

Dusthawk, welcome to the green side.  I have added you to our list and you should receive your title to your name shortly...

I have stalled a bit. Gotta gather some steam to finish painting my grot kans.. and start assembling some of my other projects.

Offline starstrider

• Ork Boy
  • Armies: Sisters of Battle, Order of the Sacred Rose
« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2011, 09:06:16 PM »
I'll sign up for this, I guess.

I'd put it off because I'm having the worst (time wise) academic year ever, which has been making me taking longer than I'd like to paint/play with/assemble/etc everything. But I think I'm pretty close to 750 points now, which should be enough to have a baby game or two (I was originally planning on not playing until I'd painted everything but.... that looks like it'll take me too long. I think I'll just go ahead to 1000 points, and then hold the list till it's all painted so I can at least get in a few small games. I do have my first squad of 20 "kind of" painted up now, at least. And my boss with some nobz too.).

I don't know exactly what type of army I want, mainly because I want them all. So I can see myself with a very large horde someday, that would give me a choice of how to make a list for each game. The general idea is to go infantry heavy though, and I think I'll starting with a kan wall type and go from there.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2011, 08:02:32 AM »
Welcome to the Green Side, your name has been added to the bank account.

Now in case you didn't read a few posts ago; you need to go to boot camp THIS LINK

Welcome to the hoard, and may you have much good krumping.

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2011, 01:05:25 PM »
Welcome...

More tends to be a good thing with orks...  My motto is, why take one, when you can take three, or nine! lol

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #72 on: March 19, 2011, 06:32:17 PM »
Starstrider.... welcome to the green side, you have been added and should receive your title shortly.

Death pepper did a great job with our unit of the month...  kommandos has been a hot topic so make sure to check this out...   March is Kommando Month  It has also been updated and included in our first page of the WotW.

Also we had some really nice shiny promotions...   so maybe some of your newly promoted people will be seeing/ messaging Skeetergod to get some equipment to go with your titles.... 

« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 06:42:38 PM by angel of death 007 »

Offline Saracenar

• Skarboy Nob
  • "Ugh..."
  • Armies: Malifaux :P
« Reply #73 on: March 19, 2011, 10:57:00 PM »
I'm saving up for something, so no purchases for me yet ;)

I like the look of these monthly discussions, but unfortunately as I don't use Kommandos (but have considered them), I can't really contribute.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2011, 08:49:42 AM »
The bank account is updated, and we are now at 46 members. WHoot!!

As for the monthly discussion stuff, even though you don't have/use a unit, it is still good to know about them as you may one day aquire them for your next wave. Thats the kool thing about orks, you don't have to start a new race when you want to change your play style, you just get some different ork models and presto; new army. Tired of moving a bazillion models of your green tide? Then get trucks and go speed freaks, etc.

Offline Rayvn70

• Bad Moon Spanna Nob
  • too much fun is bad? Pish Posh
  • Armies: Blood Angels,  Orks, Eldar,
« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2011, 12:27:58 PM »
I believed I signed up here and maybe lost the paperwork or something, oh well. So I'm putting my x on the dotted line. I do have a couple of questions though. When I get to posting my "how-tos" do post them in this thread the painting and conversion area ork area?

3 Things matter in marksmanship.... Location location location

My favorite part of Star Wars is when Darth Vader flips out and chokes a coworker at a staff meeting

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #76 on: March 22, 2011, 07:53:04 PM »
I believed I signed up here and maybe lost the paperwork or something, oh well. So I'm putting my x on the dotted line. I do have a couple of questions though. When I get to posting my "how-tos" do post them in this thread the painting and conversion area ork area?

Rayvn70 I have you in the list and all???  if it is painting related.. then post in the painting forum, if it is a conversion how to then post in the konversion forum.   You can post here and provided a link so that the ork community sees it. 

All topics should be posted in their appropriate area or else the mods will move them. 

Offline Yeller Dizapline

• Ork Boy
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2011, 09:14:52 PM »
I would like to swell the ranks of the green tide.

Offline Rayvn70

• Bad Moon Spanna Nob
  • too much fun is bad? Pish Posh
  • Armies: Blood Angels,  Orks, Eldar,
« Reply #78 on: March 22, 2011, 11:56:03 PM »
Welcome to green side, Yeller Dizapline

@Angel I know, I could swear I signed up earlier I mean I'm in the bank and on the roster and everything, really weird. Maybe Mork is testing us, yeah that's it

3 Things matter in marksmanship.... Location location location

My favorite part of Star Wars is when Darth Vader flips out and chokes a coworker at a staff meeting

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #79 on: March 23, 2011, 12:11:51 AM »
Yeller Dizapline welcome to our ranks.  You have been added to our list and should receive your title shortly.

Rayvn70... well you might have been one of those that Skeetergod was sneaking under the radar.  When I audited him I about had to use the boss pole.  But I think we got all of you that were under the radar back on the map. 

Maybe it has been Mork who has been taking all my teef as well...   grrrr.