News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Skarboyz?  (Read 2511 times)

Offline Imperial Sardaukar

Skarboyz?
« on: August 27, 2002, 06:16:45 PM »
What the heck do i use to model Skarboyz? 'Ard boyz or what? Im not much of a modeller....

:P

Offline Scythe

• Flamer: Superiority Complex BANNED
  • Banned for flaming
Re:Skarboyz?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2002, 02:58:02 AM »
'Ard Boyz you can buy in a box of 8 Boyz for pirce band J, but for Skarboyz don't, don't use 'em.

Offline Tobab816

• Chaos Warmaster, Promoter of Deathball!
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2002, 09:45:32 PM »
Skar Boys are regular boyz and some greenstuff.
Deathball, the new game of bloody basketball, 40k style!

+++Excerpt from Last Chaos/Space marine game, commentator: Inquisitor Khalheed "The Purgator" Qhor, Ex-Deathball player+++

Chaos vs Space Marine grudgematch today ended 23-19 when Brother Grazieel decimated the chaos team with a heavy bolter.

Afterwards the Chaos Coach Zhuriel the Damned stated "If we weren't ideologically in favor of cheating we'd complain about this""
+++End of transmission+++

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2002, 04:05:38 AM »
Well, whats better? The 4+ save? Or the 4 strength?

Offline GuRu

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2002, 09:48:37 PM »
It's easy to make skarboyz. Just take a knife to their faces and scar them. You could also give them all caps or helmets (tamiya models have good hats). Lastly paint them differently then your boys. A german cap on an ork boy looks really cool.
"We Eldar prefer battles of the wit, but since you mon-keigh possess none, we resort to violence." -Parishian Eldar philosopher

Offline Commander Ikari

• Show me a problem, not easily solved by a railgun!
« Reply #5 on: September 1, 2002, 03:43:27 PM »
They are powerful, with their high strength they can eat hordes of marines. I've seen one unit of 20 tearing apart a blood angels honour guard of 10 marines.
"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hatred and hatred leads to suffering."

Offline joj

• darkness shall prevail
« Reply #6 on: October 6, 2002, 08:54:11 AM »
but thats not very likly. the honour guard would probably eat your orks, they are superior in almost every way. :-\
Cruelty, death and missery are my name.

Offline Head Honcho Grubsnik

• Ere we go! Ere we go! Ere we go!
« Reply #7 on: October 6, 2002, 07:37:25 PM »
Well there is a chance that the skarboyz could win, one they out number the honor guard by 10, if the orks have sluggas and a choppa they get +1 attack and if they charged they'd get another which gives them 4 attacks each. Sooooo they'de have a chance. Althought the honor guards stats are better the orks have greater numbers. But it would be close, VERY close.

But you have to remember most people wont just use one squad against another, they'll be pelting the orks with whirlwinds and other ranged weapons while attacking with the sqauds.
"Orkses is never beaten in battle. If we win we win, if we die we die so it don't count as a beat. If we runs for it we don't die neither, so we can allways come back for anuvver go, see!"
Anon

Offline SparqMan

• Pimpmaster General
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Read the Codex.
    • The Daily Jolt
« Reply #8 on: October 8, 2002, 06:32:46 PM »
I say take huge (even bigger than regular ork) arms from Rat Ogres and use those! They'd be rockin'!

Using massive arms can have a great affect. I use Ork arms painted human flesh tones on my Berzerker Retinue. It looks great.

Offline flayling_wildly

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2002, 02:00:13 AM »
The difference between a max. points cost skarboyz mob and max. points honour guard squad might be slightly different due to stats. but skarboyz are better in my book. It would be quite possible for them to wipe out the honour guard, but remember it all comes down to the fall of the dice. You win some, you lose some.
friendly fire isn't

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2002, 04:28:22 PM »
Yeah thats true. Doesnt matter the stats. If the dice aint working for ya, youre screwed.