News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: deploying from looted rhinos/chimeras  (Read 465 times)

Offline lucivious

• our lives are sick and INDK
deploying from looted rhinos/chimeras
« on: December 8, 2006, 01:59:13 AM »
any advise on how i can deploy my 'ard boyz from a looted rhino "safely".  Theyre used in collaboration with kommando attacks.
What i most can’t the least is do not a bad job and always a good.

Offline Locarno

• Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Could I interest you in a small bribe?
Re: deploying from looted rhinos/chimeras
« Reply #1 on: December 8, 2006, 04:08:08 AM »
Behind it would be favourite......it's a big lump of terrain - it's going to get destroyed, you might as well make sure it's somewhere worthwhilewen it does.

Ard boyz can take an exploding vehicle pretty well provided they're not inside when it happens.

I'd recommend red paint and maybe a turbo boosta - turn one get as far forward as you can without presenting yourself to heavy weapons, turn two move out, dump off the ardboyz and block fire to as much of your army as you can with the rhino. Put the ardboyz in front if you've got burnas to let rip with, behind if not...
Stories to read....
Songs of Earth
The Will to Survive Series

Tervigon Army List:
Games Played: 35
Termagants expended for the Hive Mind: ~2685

Offline Banned Solorg

• WAAAAAAAaaaaaban...
  • Orks is never beaten. only banned
    • Tellyport to the Ork Board Now
Re: deploying from looted rhinos/chimeras
« Reply #2 on: December 8, 2006, 10:29:07 AM »
You can deploy, but not deploy and charge on the same turn.  That's because Rhinos are not open-topped.  Note that exactly WHERE you deploy from depends on the exit hatches / doors / etc on the model itself.

Anything closed-top is not the best choice for H2H Orks for that reason.  I found out that they aren't even any good for Orks who are shooty (the vehicle COUNTS as Open-Topped if Orks pop out and shoot... so they don't get the advantage of closed-top - but when it is time to bail out, ha ha, it counts as Closed Top then!!!)

I think a closed-top vehicle is pretty useless unless:

It has REALLY high armour (way better than what Orks get)
It has a good gun on it
BANNED - because spamming catches up with you in the end.  Especially someone who uses a school server to host Orks and loli.

Orks iz BEST cause we were made to FIGHT and WIN