News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: My orks are ORKY. (thanks for previous help guys... My army blog)  (Read 1056 times)

Offline -V-

• Infinity Circuit | O:nk's my painting bitch | Ork Yoof
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Fear the Shuriken
right well ive finally got round to creating an army blog, well in keeping with a previous post, my orks arent orky, i decided to show all you helpful people what ive now done, bear in mind this is an ongoing thread which i will  show you most of my things and i only have a fairly small amount fully completed.. well here is what i will kick start this topic off with.

hope you enjoy C&C is appreciated and welcomed

well there is my dread which will head about 6 killer kanz which ive yet to buy i'll post up some pics of da finished boyz tomorow

EDIT: im not happy with the size of the first two pics so i will resize them tonight and hopefully give you all a better view of my dread.
« Last Edit: July 5, 2006, 05:04:19 AM by Valar »

Offline George Kilgore

Re: My orks are ORKY. (thanks for previous help guys... My army blog)
« Reply #1 on: July 4, 2006, 07:35:14 PM »

GREAT work ;D i was wonderin if youd ever post us some pics impressive paint job i hope you send some pics soon

Offline Banned Solorg

• WAAAAAAAaaaaaban...
  • Orks is never beaten. only banned
    • Tellyport to the Ork Board Now
« Reply #2 on: July 4, 2006, 07:47:24 PM »
WOW.  That is awesome work.  I am drooling.  Re: your choice of 1 Dread and 6 Kanz - sounds perfect to me.  I usually do 2 Dreads and 3 Kanz, but dreads are so easy to shoot down - I will likely move later to more Kanz.
BANNED - because spamming catches up with you in the end.  Especially someone who uses a school server to host Orks and loli.

Orks iz BEST cause we were made to FIGHT and WIN

Offline -V-

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Fear the Shuriken
« Reply #3 on: July 5, 2006, 05:43:54 PM »
ok well change of plan it wont be the boyz i show you next as i havent got enough finished, i will work on that though and will hopefully have a mob of 20 finished soon, sorry no conversions on this squad except big shoota guys. 

in the mean time heres some pics of my converted skorcha, now i must give credit where it is due and this was heavily influenced by krooza's skorcha that was covered heavily in the waaagh forums.  the turret is however completly scracth built and of my own design. (i know wartrakks are typically un goffy but i coudlnt resist the temptation of speed and oomie fryin capability)

thats enough for today i think

Offline alienspokinatcha

• Burny Goodness!
« Reply #4 on: July 5, 2006, 06:11:11 PM »
Woah thats awesome!
What do we have for entertainment?; cops kicking gypsies on the pavement! - Joe Strummer

''When freedom rises from the killing floor
No lock of iron or rivet can restrain the door
And no kind of army can hope to win a war
Like trying to stop the rain or still the lion's roar
Like trying to stop the whirlwind scattering seeds and spores
Like trying to stop the tin cans rapping out jailhouse semaphore...'' - "48864"

Offline George Kilgore

« Reply #5 on: July 5, 2006, 06:15:41 PM »

another sweet conversion!

Offline -V-

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Fear the Shuriken
« Reply #6 on: July 6, 2006, 04:38:37 AM »
cheers for all your positive feedback, its realy compelling me to do more stuff.

EDIT: well to save double posting im gunna tag on the pics of my boyz now, well the ones ive got finished which is unfortunatly a tiny amount as school interferes so i cant do nearly as much as id like to.  i have 10 ard boyz, 10 storm boyz an 15 shoota boyz watin for paintin and it aint happening at the moment lol.

ne way heres da mob so far

and a selection of my faves

« Last Edit: July 6, 2006, 02:30:37 PM by Valar »

Offline -V-

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Fear the Shuriken
« Reply #7 on: July 7, 2006, 12:19:05 PM »
hmm shame theres no new replies, well ne way hope you liked the pics of ma boyz, coz now u get to see ma nobs, dats right i have 2 lol.  both bad asses in mega armour, meanest things in da game except for Da Boss of corse, but i havent got round to making him, i want him to be something special, not just the run off the mill gazkhull model as cool as it is i want him to be even more menacing and bigger, any ideas would be appreciated.

Offline Black Star Rising

• Old and treacherous will beat young and talented
« Reply #8 on: July 7, 2006, 12:24:46 PM »
Wow, love the skorcha, gotta build me one o' Dem!

Offline Monoglycer

• Supa-Mekboy!
  • Ancient
  • Hard work pays off later but laziness pays off NOW
    • Eldaronline
« Reply #9 on: July 7, 2006, 12:29:59 PM »
Very nice, i can't see from the pics but if you haven't already drill out those sluggas! Everything is very crisp and clean(in an ork way of course) so very well done. Just wondering, how do you do those skin tones?

Offline -V-

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Fear the Shuriken
« Reply #10 on: July 7, 2006, 12:40:06 PM »
Just wondering, how do you do those skin tones?

the skin tone is relativly simple but the most time consuming part of the models.  start off black under coat then dark angel green as a base coat.  i then go over that with camo green but leaving the deep recesses dark angel green.  then i paint goblin green lines finely down the musculature of the model and then a final step is goblin green and skull white 60:40 which is layered onto the green lines previously done leaving a tiny amount of the orriginal lines showing.

Wow, love the skorcha, gotta build me one o' Dem!
cheers yeh its my fave model to as its the first ork conversion ive ever done but i cant take all credit for this it was heavily based on one of kroozas models, hes like a role model in a way hes giving me something to work towards and hopefully il get there

if you haven't already drill out those sluggas!
im afraid i havent yet, i hadnt actually remembered to do it as my other army of eldar dont have the crude barrel lol but i will get round to it

cheers  ;D

Offline Full of good intentions

• Salvandorum paucitas, damnandorum multitudo
« Reply #11 on: July 8, 2006, 06:44:44 PM »
I must say, those are very nice, but you got a few mold lines on the legs. It wouldn't hurt to give some of the metals (on da boyz) a wash as well. The metallics on the Kanz are beautiful.
The above statement is a decree of Papal Infalability

I find my name and profile theme to be very ironic

Offline Boss Hussar

• I'm da biggest n' I'm da Baddest so I'm da Boss
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2006, 02:10:16 PM »
I really like your Mega Armored Nobz. I am intending to get some for myself.

You asked about Boss Conversions, ggreat, there is plenty that you can do.
I like Mega Armor, but find equiping my Warboss with very basic equipment works rather well for me.

I made my Warboss out of an Ogre Kingdoms Ninja Maneater, Mega Armored Power Klaw, and a Classic Nob Head (the one with the Big Iron Gob.) The Model turned out great and is just about the size of a regular boss. Although he is very fat, I chose Badmoon for my fluff and it just adds to his character.

If you wanted to go a bit more ambitious you could have a Warboss Torse sticking out fof a Dreadnaught (Marine or Ork, you pick) pulling levers and things that ultiately represent Mega Armor.
Orks... They rule.