News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: What ever happened to.....  (Read 1417 times)

Offline 1000 sons

• Tzeentch, Lord of Sorcery, and Changer of Ways
What ever happened to.....
« on: December 1, 2002, 07:04:58 PM »
Do any of you guys remember this picture?

http://www.portent.net/cgi-bin/image/image.pl/rumours/images/newnecron.jpg

What happened to this mini? I really wanted to purchase it because the only lord that you can buy is the one with the war scythe which i dont even use. weird huh?
Every book was sacred, every writing worthy of study, every document a resource to be drained. The ultimate knowledge was sorcery, the way to final enlightment, the key to the universe.

"Magnus the Red did take to the field of battle, causing the ravedged ground to liquefy 'neath his mighty stride........Magnu s spoke a word of power, and did sink away into the iridescent ground" -  the Edda of the Hammer

Offline Scythe

• Flamer: Superiority Complex BANNED
  • Banned for flaming
Re:What ever happened to.....
« Reply #1 on: December 1, 2002, 07:56:12 PM »
It looks like a conversion of the limited edition necron lord.

Callidus

« Reply #2 on: December 1, 2002, 08:53:54 PM »
That Lord you cannot get. It was a prototype, I believe. You probably could convert it out of the limited edition Lord, but you have to buy the huge army box deal to get him.

Offline 1000 sons

« Reply #3 on: December 1, 2002, 10:08:42 PM »
Maybe when the new C'tan is released, they might release some other Necron models. I don't mean new rules or anything, but maybe models in new positions such as that one. I would like to see a Pariah holding his scythe with one hand. That would be cool.
Every book was sacred, every writing worthy of study, every document a resource to be drained. The ultimate knowledge was sorcery, the way to final enlightment, the key to the universe.

"Magnus the Red did take to the field of battle, causing the ravedged ground to liquefy 'neath his mighty stride........Magnu s spoke a word of power, and did sink away into the iridescent ground" -  the Edda of the Hammer

Offline Scythe

• Flamer: Superiority Complex BANNED
  • Banned for flaming
« Reply #4 on: December 1, 2002, 11:02:43 PM »
If or when they the release Outsider they  probably make more pariah variants, as the there are no more Necrontyr to convert, into various types.

Offline Pinhead

• [Smart statement that changes your view on life]
    • Pinhead's Warhammer 40k Models
« Reply #5 on: December 2, 2002, 08:27:56 AM »
I have the special edition lord AND the regular one. I got the army beal, but the regular one looks so cool...  :D

Offline Padawan Archon

• Enter the survival horror...
« Reply #6 on: December 2, 2002, 04:10:53 PM »
it is the best lookin lord model out of all the models they made. shame its not properly produced  :(

Offline 1000 sons

« Reply #7 on: December 2, 2002, 08:40:44 PM »
Yea, I think the Lmt. Lord is better. Im going to conver my lord from a new Tomb Kings model from the new Khemri. I bet that could end up lookin interesting.