News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Necrons Self repair?  (Read 6141 times)

Offline Jack B

• All things return to a single constant. Blood.
Necrons Self repair?
« on: April 7, 2002, 11:46:10 AM »
When can a Necron NOT self repair? What attacks disable them without chance of them coming back?
"True power is having the oppurtunity, the ability and the reason to kill... then sparing their life."
Oskar Schindler

"The final reckoning is only a cnfluence of the past and present. The future doesn't matter until the end of time." Tireamollariusetram aeren the saviour of Hes'Pa

Unforgotten_Caste

Re:Necrons Self repair?
« Reply #1 on: April 7, 2002, 11:51:09 AM »
if the weapon is double the strenght of the targets toughness

Offline RedTwo

• Conversion Exarch
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #2 on: April 7, 2002, 12:04:03 PM »
The "We'll be back" rule is on page 18 of Chapter Approved.  I have no idea if it will be altered when the codex comes out in a couple of months, but I suspect the only change will be to include new units in the rule.

Basicly Instant Death (as Unforgotten_Caste stated) and power weapons in close combat.

Also remember that there must be a functioning necron model of the same type with in 6" of the downed model  for the the player to attempt the auto-repair.  So if you can manage to wipe an entire unit of warriors, and the next closest unit of warriors is more than 6" away, then there is no possibility for self repair.  The Necron Lord is the exception, it always get to try reguardless of how far away other units are.
Over specialization builds in weakness.

Offline HectorusShadowfall

• I'm a llama!
Which is why...
« Reply #3 on: April 7, 2002, 12:10:59 PM »
...Tomb Spyders will be so useful.  They allow Necrons to get back up even if an identical squad isn't within 6".  Yay for Tomb Spyders.

P.S.- I'M NOT A FRIGGIN' LLAMA!    ;)

Unforgotten_Caste

« Reply #4 on: April 7, 2002, 12:12:08 PM »
actually last i remembered power weapons just down them without save they still get a chance 2 role to come back up....only instant death can work

Offline TheMightyPikachu

• Pi-Ka-Chu!
  • Ancient
  • The Mightiest
« Reply #5 on: April 7, 2002, 02:02:05 PM »
if its double str from shooting and power from hth, why dont starcannons strike em dead? some things are just too confusin  :P
www.andylc.deviantart.com
did you know I can draw?

Offline The Hive Custodian (Retired)

• Primojanitor Paragon
  • Ancient
  • Perfection Within; Perfection Without
« Reply #6 on: April 7, 2002, 05:09:01 PM »
Page 18, Chapter Approved:

Note that models 'killed' by weapons that cause instant death (ie, weapons with Strength twice the model's Toughness) or power weapons in close combat are totally obliterated with no chance to self-repair.
Calculus is an art, but algebra is attrition.

Offline RedTwo

• Conversion Exarch
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #7 on: April 7, 2002, 05:19:47 PM »

actually last i remembered power weapons just down them without save they still get a chance 2 role to come back up....only instant death can work

Yeah, that's the "old" rule from the PDF codex.  It's been revised in Chapter Approved to include power weapons in assault.

Offline Rommel151

• It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney
« Reply #8 on: April 7, 2002, 11:21:23 PM »
Yes.

I've been playing them for about a year now and they don't come back from Instant Kills and Power Weapons.
Also Anything that might suck them into the warp.

Offline farseer_tiresias

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #9 on: April 8, 2002, 04:32:10 AM »
well guys since everyone is so eager to know i guess i can spread alittle of the working for Games Workshop fun.....the self repair rule has been changed a bit in the new codex set to hit stores on may 6th basically the only times necrons cant self repair is when hit with a weapon double there T also they CAN NOT SELF REPAIR IN CLOSE COMBAT

Offline farseer_tiresias

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #10 on: April 8, 2002, 03:27:53 PM »
my reply before was alittle bit wrong....here is what the codex says: We'll be back
At the start of every Necron turn damaged Necrons may self repair. Roll a d6 for every Necron who can self repair and on a 4+ it stands back up. A necron may not self repair if: he is wounded by a close combat weapon that allows no save or any insta kill weapon, Also must be within 6 inches of another necron model.
Necron lord ignores the 6 inches rule
If a necron model may not self repair because no other necron model is within 6 inches it may still repair if there is a tomb spyder with in 12 inches and there is another model of the same type on the table.

Offline RedTwo

• Conversion Exarch
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #11 on: April 8, 2002, 03:56:03 PM »
Hmmmm... sounds like Tomb Spiders are going to have to be a higher priority target.

Offline Rommel151

• It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney
« Reply #12 on: April 8, 2002, 05:29:19 PM »
Oh boy,oh boy. even harder to knock down and keep down. It simply means that they will all have to get knocked out by Banshees

Offline The Death Jester

• Dwarfs are short, burly, stubborn, and defensive.
« Reply #13 on: April 8, 2002, 05:33:44 PM »
does any body know when kazaa will be putting the codex out or is it allready there? *chough *chough
There is nothin' as sure in the world as the glitter of gold and the treachery of Elves."
- Old Dwarf Saying