News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: apocalypse army ideas  (Read 664 times)

Offline starwolf99

• I AM STARWOLF
apocalypse army ideas
« on: December 18, 2007, 10:47:05 PM »
OK I'm a sort of noob/experienced necron player. I have played many games mostly against older siblings (a tau and an imp guard players respectably) and only once in an actually tournament game at a game store. I have an almost 2000 pt necron army. All I have left is a monolith and some extra destroyers. I have been wanting to expand my army into apocalypse  format but not continue on with the normal necron army list but trying to stay in the fluff of the setting.

I had thought about starting an imperial guard army and painting them in a sinister way and calling them followers of the necrons. I was also pointed to the idea of having a tau army with the necrons (using the commander farsight idea that he was tainted by the blade he took off the artifact world.)
I had also thought about orks but that is not as fun to me.(I am bad  at the accent)

I just wondered what all of you thought here on the necron boards.
"Don't touch that please. Your primitive intellect wouldn't understand alloys and compositions and... things with molecular structures"

"Sergeant Butterman, the little hand says it's time to rock and roll!"

Offline Khodexus

• BANNED Spammer - Mods simply don't understand
  • I guess I'm just safest not posting anything...
Re: apocalypse army ideas
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 04:49:20 AM »
Well Imperial Guard could work, considering that alot of the Imperium technology is very likely based off of Necrons. The Machine Cult supposedly worships the Void Dragon afterall.

The Tau idea sounds like it could work too.  Though I don't really see the Necrons working with the Orks.  The "Krork" (as they used to be called) were one of the races created by the Old Ones, and the Necrons hate everything the Old Ones created.  That goes for Eldar too.
Current Projects: Necrondus – the Lost City, Codex: Dark Eldar – Revised.  C&C appreciated.

Dark Eldar Poster of the Year 009.M3 (2009)
BANNED spammer 010.M3 (2010)

Offline BearBitesHurt

• Insolent: Forum Blockhead
  • Careful: I might talk to you like you're an adult
Re: apocalypse army ideas
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 06:33:46 AM »
My friend plays IG, and whenever we have a team game we just say that his army has begun worshiping the C'Tan and have joined forces with the Necrons.