News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2000 pt Harlie Army  (Read 2128 times)

Offline Sarenyon

2000 pt Harlie Army
« on: November 12, 2012, 08:40:17 PM »
So I wanted to do a Harlequin themed Army. I have a bunch of the models from the RT days plus a pack of the newer ones and the shadowseer model. Like many, looking at Codex DE, you can do a themed Army, but I thought of using the Codex Eldar allies to expand it out and use all 4 of the elite slots with true harlies. I'm also trying to use the models as they are to best represent the actual units

Obviously this type of list will not be very competitive, especially against a high number of mech forces, but I gave it a shot anyway just for fun and I love these models. I've only painted about a quarter of them, but they are challenging and fun to paint.

The problems I am seeing is:
1) lack of reliable anti-tank
2) very fragile troop choices

So here is the list:

Harlequin Themed Army 2000 pts
HQ: Great Harlequin: Counts as Lady Malys: XXX pts (Use the Troupe Master Model from the new Harlie set)
HQ: Solitaire: Counts as Lelith: XXX pts (Use one of the Solitaire models from the RT set)
HQ: Shadow-seer: Doom-seeer, RofWard, Spear 98 pts (Use the new Shadowseer model)

Troops: Mimes, Count as Wyches x5, 1 Hekatrix with Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Venom Blade 75 points (use CCW/pistol Harlies)
Troops: Mimes, Count as Wyches x5, 1 Hekatrix with Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Venom Blade 75 points (use CCW/pistol Harlies)
Troops: Pirates, Count as Kabalite Warriors x10, Sybrite, Darklance, Blaster, Venom Blade   145 points (use Kabalite sqd)
Troops: Rangers, x5  95 points (use Eldar Rangers)
Troops: Rangers, x5  95 points (use Eldar Rangers)

Elites: Harlies x5, Troop Master with PW, 4x Kisses  126 points (Use Harlie models)
Elites: Harlies x5, Troop Master with PW, 4x Kisses, 1x Fusion Gun, 136 points (Use Harlie models)
Elites: Harlies x9, 6x Kisses, Death Jester, Harlie Warlock (Shadowseer), 2 Fusion Pistols (use Harlie models and the "Shadow-seer HQ will move with this unit) 246 points
Elites: Harlies x9, 1x Kiss, Death Jester, Harlie Warlock (Shadow seer) (uses Harlie models and the Great Harlequinn will travel with this group) 206 points

Hvy: Death Jesters, Counts as Dark Reapers x3, Exarch w. Crack Shot and Tempest Launcher (uses the brightlance? DJ models) 147 points

Dedicated Transports: (taken from the wych units, will start game with no one on them)
Venom, 2x splinter cannons, night shields 75 points
Venom, 2x splinter cannons, night shields 75 points

Fortification: Aegis Line with Quad Cannon.  xxx points

Total points: 1999

So the back story -fluff- is that some rangers and pirates are scouting a world, have taken the Aegis def line position and started fighting and the Harlies are there to help them for some "reason" or another. The two 5x units of Harlies jump on the Venoms at the start to get some assault push. The other two harlie units advance using cover as possible. Depending on mission type the troops set up with one set of Rangers and the DJs behind the line. The "Exarch," and one of the Rangers will both be in base contact with the quad gun to get the benifits of Crack shot on intercept if the need arises. one unit of Wyches with them to provide counter assault (maybe a wych on the gun instead of a ranger). Other ranger unit and Kabalites parked on other obj near cover with wych unit for counter assault.

I was thinking of putting in a Wraith Lord with Sword and BL instead of the Death Jesters, would save 7 points, then could make the troop masters on each unit just normal harlies with kisses, this would free up 49 points to give the doom seer stones and fortune...

How do I get / do I need more anti-tank?
Better troops, maybe DA's in a WS for protection and some EMLs for anti-tank?
Should I run the doom seer and the Great Harlie HQs together?
Any other ideas?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 02:45:21 PM by Sarenyon »

Offline Lone_Monkey

• Armies: Eldar Corsairs, Dark Eldar
Re: 2000 pt Harlie Army
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 09:44:24 PM »
Best way in my mind to keep it themed and add some anti-tank is to put Haywire Grenades on those Mimes/Wyches. Even in 5-man squads they can tear up a tank in one go.
happiness is a temporary chemical imbalance of the true state of mind.

Offline Sarenyon

Re: 2000 pt Harlie Army
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 02:52:34 PM »
Extra 10 points per wych squad that will remain as counter assault units though. What would be a good thing to drop to get the extra 20 pts? Perhaps the Troupe Masters like mentioned above, though that extra attack is very useful with such a small squad of Harlies. I like the idea of them coming off the Venoms and just slamming a small squad or the two working together for a larger squad.

The Doom Seer squad does have the two fusion guns and the spear, all good AT options, but getting them near a tank may be the problem, wish I had a fast delivery option. Maybe a raider from the Kabalite warriors they could use? I don't have that model, but it might be cool, and get another dark lance as a bonus. What do you think?