News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Corsairs with new DE book  (Read 2977 times)

Offline Seer13

• Never forget, never forgive.
Corsairs with new DE book
« on: January 8, 2011, 08:46:03 AM »
Hello, I try to create corsair army with DE codex but I don't know how to make them work with corsair limitation of units:
-prince-archon
-warriors
-venom
-maybe raiders
-bikes
Some help ? 

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
Re: Corsairs with new DE book
« Reply #1 on: January 8, 2011, 09:05:04 AM »
I think you should post your list with what you imagine the DE representing, and we can get a far more accurate picture of what you are trying for here.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline Galef

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 12:09:27 AM »
I play Eldar & Dark Eldar and base the whole army around Corsair fluff.  While limiting yourself to certain units is fine, I feel that there is no reason not to expand your choices.

If you are just using Dark Eldar, I would only see Coven units as unlikely.  Haemis, Wracks, Grots, Talos 7 Cronos.  I don't see Beastmasters as a likely unit either.

Wyches on the other hand should fit in nicely.  Keep in mind that many Corsair Eldar are those that trend the Path of the Outcast, and thus would be former Craftworlders.  I use Wyches in every list & say they are former Howling Banshees.

To build on your list:
-Archon = Prince
-Warriors = main foot troops
-Raider & Venoms are a must.  Corsairs are space bound, so every unit should have a transport.
-Wyches = main CC warriors (think Dark Elf Black Ark Corsairs)
-Incubi & Scorges = mercenaries.
-Razorwing & Voidraven.  Corsair have many flyer (most notably the Void Dragon Pheonix), so both of these make sense.

Bikes & Ravagers are units that can easily fit, but would serve more for practical game-play rather than reinforcing the Corsair theme.

Hope that helps.
Glenn's GW model Blog: Glenn's GW Models

Current Armies:
Aeldari: Glenn's GW Minis: Eldar and Dark Eldar

Offline Khain Mor (/kharandhil)

• <3 huskblades
    • Dark Moon Kabal
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 08:43:45 AM »
I would actually only use Dark eldar for their models and model parts, as far as we know eldar corsair are craftworld based, if you start looking at some FW books, you'll start finding quite a lot of fluff and even proper corsair units.

A corsair prince for example is pretty much the same as na autarch, normal warriors are guardians, rangers are also commonly seen amoungst Corsair forces.
Corsairs obviously love aircrafts, pretty much every eldar flyer can be used in a corsair army, most non aspect warrior stuff can be seen as cosair stuff. There are no temples on corsair ships, but it's not completely out of the question to think they have no aspect warriors at all, this is a blurry area however.

FW announced they will be releasing some new eldar units and new eldar fluff in a future Imperial Armour, including corsair and exodite units.

Modelwise eldar with some dark eldar parts are the best way to represent a corsair army.
The Dark Moon Kabal ,possibly the biggest DE army ever!
over 20k and awesome, what more do you need to click? (last updated the 02/03/2012)

Nothing better than killing a thousand slaves to wake up in the morning.