News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Effective way of mixing Tzzentch and Khrone?  (Read 1394 times)

Offline -=Abyss=-

• ~Holding Heaven in your Arms..~
Effective way of mixing Tzzentch and Khrone?
« on: March 24, 2005, 12:36:33 AM »
For my upcoming army I will have a Tzeentch+Khrone+UD Choas Army, Khorne is the mroe common so I can purchase troops taht count as beserkers, now Tzeentch..im a little confused on how to use them. I think that if I give em a rhino and bring them up behind a flank and rapid fire there btts they'll do tremendous ammounts of dammage.
Index Astartes Litanies Verse 1:13: TO ME MY BROTHERS!

Offline The Wraithlord

• All is Dust
Re: Effective way of mixing Tzzentch and Khrone?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2005, 08:59:45 AM »
If you really want to combine the two, and you plan on using Berzerkers as your troops, making Tzeentch units Elites anyways, then you only need 2 words: Rubric Terminators. A unit, or two if you have the points, of 2 Wound Terminators to back up your Berzerkers would be damn nasty.
Death is too good a fate for your worst enemy. Try inflicting a proper punishment for their defiance of you. Like putting them in an empty room with a keg, a mug and no tap.

Offline -=Abyss=-

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2005, 06:50:38 PM »
Ah I arleady know that but the problem lies in point cost! Imagine how much Rubric Termies would be!  :o

Offline CD

• The Plagued Reaper
  • Ancient
  • :\
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2005, 07:46:26 PM »
A squad (or two minimum sized squads) doesn't really cost too much, especially when compared to the other Tzeentchian elites (Chosen and Possessed are just gross for their horrid efficiency). Two 5 man squads would probably work well actually. What else would you be buying? More berzerkers?

As for the general layout, all you really need is 1-2 tanks/dreads, 1 Havoc squad, maybe 1-2 basic support squads (BPs + CCWs + Lascannon/Missile Launcher or Bolters + Heavy Bolters), a few zerk squads, some rhubrics, and then a khornate lord and perhaps a tzeentchian lieutenant for extra support. So long as your core is pretty big and you have enough support for your CC troops, you should be fine. I highly suggest the havoc squad though, and a predator with AC + Sponson Lascannons or a Dread with TL Lascannons is always good to have in an assualt heavy army (You'll want to give your Zerker champs Powerfists, you just won't want to actually have to use them if it's avoidable).

Offline -=Abyss=-

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2005, 12:00:07 AM »
Ok, how about nurgle-mark havocs? Is it possible? is it worth it?

Offline Aronious

• (Arr-OH-Nee-uhs)
    • Game Rats
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2005, 12:10:36 AM »
Havocs can't have a MoC.

"We're an infantry regiment, Red. We fight. We die."- Master Horkin, Mage-at-Arms

http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php/topic,83795.0.html

"Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die."
-Goldfinger

Offline The Wraithlord

• All is Dust
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2005, 12:15:54 AM »
Not true at all. They just can't take Khorne or Tzeentch Marks. And Nurgle Havocs are useless as they can't take anything bigger than a meltagun.
Death is too good a fate for your worst enemy. Try inflicting a proper punishment for their defiance of you. Like putting them in an empty room with a keg, a mug and no tap.

Offline -=Abyss=-

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2005, 01:07:19 AM »
where does it say that? I was planning on have some nurgle marines so I could have nrulgings and use models of Fantasy fallangents to represent cultist

Offline maestro of cheese

• Proud 16th member of Happy Peoples Club!
    • www.allpraisethemightyhodgius.8k.com
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2005, 05:01:41 AM »
By the way, Its Khorne (not Khrone). But you could easily have Chaos Nurgle Havocs and I've never heard of Nurgle havocs not being able to have more than a melta gun!! ??? can Creeping death verafy mabye!?  >:(

*searches through Codex* Ah yes, p.51 states that they cannot have Lascannons, missle Lanchers, autocannons ( does this include the Reaper Autocannon? ) , and Heavy Bolters. Soz!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2005, 05:11:59 AM by maestro of cheese »

Offline HerrLyall

• Speed is the key
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2005, 11:27:03 AM »
i do not recal what page, but units with the mark of N. can't have hvy weapons only special.
All will fall under the red wave of the Saim Hann

Offline The Wraithlord

• All is Dust
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2005, 12:44:38 PM »
Pg 38 lists which Marks can be used by Havocs, and Pg 51 details which weapons can/cna't be used by Nurgle.

And you are right Maestro, they are pretty much limited to special weapons. However, they can be taken and GW even produces a Nurgle Havoc boxed set :)

Offline Malificant

• Why Won't You Die?
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2005, 08:15:05 PM »
also: if yopu take nurgle havocs, they will count as elites.

check the book of nurgle for restrictions on their mark.

ide say run one unit of 8 rubrics+sorceror in termie armor as a good backup to khorne assaults.  DS them behind enemy lines to take firepower off your berserkers.  give the sorceror a nifty power like BoC to kill a tank, or GoC to make a new friend:)
Power! UNLIMITED POWERRRR!

Offline CD

• The Plagued Reaper
  • Ancient
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2005, 10:15:35 PM »
Nurgle Havocs are better than many would think, but my opinion is based off of my experience with Death Guard rather than Black Legion (death Guard lack the versatility, which is the only reason I say it).

Give them Flamers (I run a unit with 3 flamers, though if I took my army to a higher points limit I'd take it up to 4) and set them up fairly close to the enemy. If they're running an assualt force you can put 'em right up front, otherwise screen them with good assualt troops who you expect to bite the dust before they reach the front lines. Then you get some flamers headed their way, as well as the Havoc Aspiring Champion, which should be fairly tooled (I go with Plaguesword, Daemonic Strength and Nurgle's Rot, though in BL Rot isn't so good, and could be swapped for Mutation).

It's a nice way to give your force some variety without costing too many points, not to mention a pretty resilient unit. If your army is led by a Khornate devotee, your Tzeentchian and Nurglesque units will all be elites (make sure you don't go overboard), just don't have second thoughts and take a Tzeentchian leader, as the havocs would go down the tubes.

I wouldn't highly recommend them, but in my experience they're fun (especially when they're actually useful, like in cityfight or when assualting an outpost where the opponent thinks that cover matters), and if you've got points lying around it's not a bad investment. You might want to proxy them and see if you like them before getting the models though.

Offline Quin 242

• Neon Brown. Is it a color?
    • The Writing Docs
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2005, 01:54:46 PM »
It is 100% unfluffy to have these two in the same force unless it is black legion.

In every book or reference that GW has on chaos it lists these two powers as anathema to each other. They are opposed in every way.

Thats my fluffbox view.
Do not underestimate the Squats. They survived for millenia cut off from the Imperium and assailed from all sides. Their determination and resilience is an example to all.
(gleefully stolen wholely typed by Spacedwarv)

If you ever need editing services please visit my website:  www.thewritingdocs. com

Offline CD

• The Plagued Reaper
  • Ancient
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2005, 11:19:43 PM »
They're not entirely opposed to one another. Khorne hates Slaanesh much more than Tzeentch, since Slaanesh mocks him where Tzeentch just subtley toys with everyone else. Khorne thinks Tzeentch is cowardly for using magic, but Tzeentch doesn't seem to have much of a problem with the fairly easily swayed servants of the blood god.

And since you said "unless it is black legion", I'll point out that he is playing black legion.

Offline AzumiChan

• ~Nyo Futanari Nyo~
  • φ(*⌒▽⌒)ノ生中いっちょー!!
  • Armies: Crons
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2005, 02:06:44 PM »
Rubric termies all the way!, nasty to kill I'll tell you that!
And you can always kit them out with some psyhic power to boost! ^^
2005 forum award winner prices:
Oddball-Strangest Member: Azumi-chan
Nicest Member: Azumi-chan
Best Looking Member: Azumi-chan

Offline -=Abyss=-

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2005, 11:41:19 PM »
http://www.40konline.com/index.php/topic,81475.0.html

Custom Legion so I don't have to worry about messing with fluff since Chaos has so many wierd things!  :D