News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Custom Legion, Need help Clarifying some rules to make it Valid  (Read 1517 times)

Offline -=Abyss=-

• ~Holding Heaven in your Arms..~
Bloodshed Dragoons

Recently founded legion, The chapter was rejected and was soon under termination by the Inquisition, due to horrific unstable Gene-seeds found. The hapter barely survived when Nightlords repelled the Black Dragon assualt directed on the chapter. Now they are malicous forms of Warp-spawned marines. Known for slaughtering countless worlds in there sadistic bloodlust.

Orgins:

During a Black Dragon raid, Nysorm a strange planet closely relating to Terra with it's beautiful landscapes had been invaded by the Chapter. During the assault on the planet they discovered a gigantic tribe of warriors who had ambushed the strike force. Showing great initiative and strength they were soon subdued and indoctrinated into the Chapter. The leader of the clan Tempest proved to have god-like capiblities. Soon they were inmpalneted with the geneseed and trained into marines. With many succesful missions soon Tempest and his band left and created a sucesscor chapter known as Drakontas. However due to several incidents in the warp thier gene-seeds had been corrupted beyond resoning. Soon Marines would undervelope a strange bloodlust so strong it had to be closley related to Khorne. Some even developed strange paranoia. Soon the Blakc Dragons knew they had to be destroyed. As the chapter launcehd an all out assault towards the chapter. With any shred of luck the Nightlords Legion had also been around. Intreasted by the chapters nature they destoryed the Black Dragon assault and led the Drakontas into the Eye of Terror. There they underveloped horrfic mutations turning into strange warrirors. Soon Tempest arose to Daemonhood. However with the mutated gene-seed in place he mutated into a strange draconic beast. Soon inravled by a strange vision he developed the strange ability to create warp spawned copies of himself. Some would seem as blood craving as a Bloodthirster. Others would seem to be able to conrtol the warp as if it were a Keeper of Secerets. Soon the legion was named to Aimatochysia drakontas
 which translates to Bloodshed Dragoons.

Combat Doctirine:
       Oddly with the mutations the Bloodshed Dragoons appear to be closely related to Khorne they were still unnatrauly calm when not engaged into melee. Also some indivuiduals apear to be able to master the warp and unleash horendus spells of psychic. Also these individuals managed to cast a shield driving fellow marines to fight even if they had suffered wounds to horrible to survive. The Dragoons display a very flxiable assaults. They can match any tactical situation that appears to them. However there are major disaffects in these specilized troops. The Sorcerer will be slowed due to the shield and also the marines. The marines grapsed in lust will be overcome by bloodlust and will barley ever fire they're weapons

Ok so what do you think? Anyways some of the marines descirbed there are abnormal like the Sorcerer and the shielding. That would represent Tzentch marines. since they can have two wounds. Now my army I want to mix Khorne with Tzeentch. So first would I be able to field Tzeentch with Khorne if I had a Undived Sorcerer with a Khorne Deamonprince? Would that work? if not how could I effiecntly bend those two legions together as if I was making a legion mixing Khorne and Tzeentch?

Ideas:

Ok so I wrote down for my legion some very wierd marines so:

Khorne Marines Represent the Marines in the chapter grapsed by Bloodlust
Tzeentch marines represent marines with the sorcerer shielding them
Bloodthirster/Keeper of secerets will represent the warp-spawn dragon
Dragoons will be raptors, but I don't think I metioned them
Drakontas Knights will be bikers, they will be converted with a coldone at the bottom representing a warp-spawned dragon thing
The the head model I will use will be Nightlords since they look like Dragon Wings.
The Color scheme will be Midnight Blue base

Oh in the codex nowhere it says Khorne cannot have Tzeentch units in it soo.....  :D does that mean I can do this chapter?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2005, 04:09:23 AM by Angel's Saphire »
Index Astartes Litanies Verse 1:13: TO ME MY BROTHERS!

Offline [dixon]

• I pretend to be other users
  • BANNED
Re: Custom Legion, Need help Clarifying some rules to make it Valid
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 09:06:26 AM »
Oh in the codex nowhere it says Khorne cannot have Tzeentch units in it soo.....  :D does that mean I can do this chapter?
As long as the army's leader has the MoCU, you can have both Khornate and Tzeentch(ian?) units in it.
I pretended to be other members, and finally got BANNED

Offline FarseerKB

• Death to the Mon-Keigh!
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 12:00:46 PM »
Army leader from that info would be daemon prince, so Khorne.  Berzerkers would be troops, Tzeentch marines would be elites, perfectly legal.  Or if you used a greater Daemon instead of daemon prince, CU sorcerer would be in charge so berzerker and tzeentch marines would both be elites and you'd need some daemons or undivided/unmarked marines for troops.

hope that's useful
Always have superior numbers.  Robots, clones, illegal immigrants, robot immigrants, immigrant clones, immigrant cloning robots and termites all fulfil this role adequately.

Offline Fishy

• Used Skyray Salesman
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • 'Shoot coward, you are only going to kill a man.'
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2005, 12:11:14 PM »
just remember you may have problems mixing the keeper of secrets if you choose it, and khornate units.

rest of it, including fluff, sounds gd!
Fish

The Tau Empire needs you to write articles for its Project now! Want to know more? Just ask!

Offline Strychnine

• I'm Going To Go Find Something To Strike You With
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2005, 04:45:25 PM »
Oh in the codex nowhere it says Khorne cannot have Tzeentch units in it soo.....   does that mean I can do this chapter?
>:(
I.) Chapters are Imperial. Say it with me, legion. (Or warband, splinter cell, etc. But never Chapter)
II.) They can have Tzeentchian units per se (with a leader of Chaos Undivided) but if I ever met you and this army, I would beat you into unconciousness with your own list for violating the holy fluff of Khorne.
Bloodthirsters would make excellent Dragons, what with the high Strength, WS, Wings... need I say more? Forget that wussy KoS.
You will remember the night you were struck by the sight of ten thousand fists in the air.

Daemon Prince Model: $45
Bloodthirster's Axe Bit: $6
The look on your Dark Eldar opponent's face, when you tell him he doesn't get his 2+ Invulnerable Save...
Priceless.
There are some things Chaos can't kill. For everything else, there's a Dreadaxe(tm).

Offline Claw

• Just Call Me Claw!!!
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2005, 05:42:56 PM »
Just as long  the leader is undivided
For your theme use of a nightlords does sound good
But you might want to include blood red because of your fluff/theme of blood

Offline -=Abyss=-

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2005, 07:10:49 PM »
haha thanks for the info! Oh once again I say Khorne and Tzeentch marines represent the twisted marines with the geneseed defection, oh now I need you guys to comment on the fluff, is it good?

Offline Claw

• Just Call Me Claw!!!
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2005, 07:17:54 PM »
It's good 9/10

Offline -=Abyss=-

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2005, 09:44:35 PM »
Fluff Time!

Special Units:

Drakontas Knights: These are relentless kinghts which are bonded by a Drakontas, a baby spawn of a dragon. The Marines will go through a corruption ritual turning himself a half-Marine half dragon rider. The Dragons however have not developed wings yet. While this is in progress he marine's acids and organs fused with the dragons allow it to run at inhuman speeds and able to spit hails of acid "representing biker bolter" this is the first step in the creation of  Dragoons.

Dragoons: Truly a horrid creation, during the evolution of dragons when they form wings while bonded with marines they will soon began to turn into hybrid form.  Where thier form is unstabel when not protected by armour. These are rarely seeen beacause they are rare. However they are skilledi nhit and runn assaults with blooded swords and they wear standard jetpacks stolen from marines.

Short Story:

The twisted marines howled as their voices projected the bloodlust in their souls. They sprinted, metal clattering along the bloodstained dirt. Around the remaining Black Templars where hundreds of mountains that marooned the dead sun shinning light at them. They opened bolter fire. The shells flew towards the driven marines, one of them exploded into the knee-cap of the marine. Blood shot out as he stumbled, pain blinked him as he regained his stature. The Marines howled and crashed into the Templars. They roared litanies of hate while locked in combat. The Dragon marine roared and cleaved his powers word into the marine. He stumbled as blood splattered onto the dirt. The Marine wheezed out blood which had coated his visor. He raised hiss fist and smashed it into the traitor's head. With a sick crunch the heretic fell to his death. However the marine suffered wounds to great as another marine came and tore of the helmet of the marine. Then another sank his teeth into the marine. He roared in pain as another marine ripped off his arm and feasted on it. He slid into unconcern’s. While busy feasting another marine reared behind the beast like marine and tore through it's Armour with his chain sword. The chains ripped into the foul flesh as the heretic roared and cleaved it's axe into the marines skull. Blood spilled into the axe.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2005, 09:52:24 PM by Angel's Saphire »

Offline Scythe

• Flamer: Superiority Complex BANNED
  • Banned for flaming
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2005, 10:00:32 PM »
Your army leader does not have to have the MoCU of in order to take Khorne and Tzeentch units in the same army. They do not suffer from the ancient enemies rule.

Army leader from that info would be daemon prince, so Khorne.  Berzerkers would be troops, Tzeentch marines would be elites, perfectly legal. Or if you used a greater Daemon instead of daemon prince, CU sorcerer would be in charge so berzerker and tzeentch marines would both be elites and you'd need some daemons or undivided/unmarked marines for troops.

hope that's useful

Read this again people.

Offline maestro of cheese

• Proud 16th member of Happy Peoples Club!
    • www.allpraisethemightyhodgius.8k.com
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2005, 11:00:31 AM »
Its all good ( especially fluff! ) apart from 1 thing: I am presuming that the midnight blue based colour scheme is supposed to represent dragons ( if not soz ) ? if so then use a Dark red colour bas like Scab red mabye.  :)

Although the Khorne and Tzeentch mix goes against the Khonre polosy......  :-\

Offline -=Abyss=-

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2005, 11:39:58 PM »
Once again I say THERE IS NO KHORNE AND TZZENTCH hahah I stated in the fluff that Khorne beserkers represent Marines who have gone into unstable gene-seed mutation and ahve grown a bloodlsut incredily strong they can't contain themselves simillar to death company

Offline Greenstuff

• Banned - Useless Petty Spammer
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • BANNED
« Reply #12 on: May 2, 2005, 02:30:18 AM »
i think i understand , are you just creating your own custom legion like people do with space marines? if so sounds pretty cool.
ps it could be a malal army (the 5th chaos god)
User Banned - break the rules and get chucked out.

Offline CD

• The Plagued Reaper
  • Ancient
  • :\
« Reply #13 on: May 2, 2005, 04:19:36 PM »
This is a horrendous case of digging. Over a month old. Try to keep it in the 4-5 day range.

Locked.