News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Slaaneshi Distraction Boobs 1st turn assault  (Read 2459 times)

Offline GaleRazorwind

• Hormagaunt
  • Ziltoid Lives!
  • Armies: Nids, BA, CSM
Slaaneshi Distraction Boobs 1st turn assault
« on: February 14, 2016, 01:00:28 AM »
Hey, everyone. I was looking at the daemons update today and I picked out an interesting combo. To be fair, it does require you to make a herald your warlord and get a specific warlord trait (but hey you're playing chaos), but that one-6th chance is still awesome.

Here is the combo:
As part of a Greater Cavalcade Formation, take HoS on steed joined with 20 seekers. Make that HoS be your warlord and pray to boobies that you get the warlord trait pertaining to running and charging. Between being Slaanesh Calv and the benefits of the formation rules, on turn 1 you can end up D6 inches into your opponents deployment zone... and then charge XD Throw in a locus of beguilement and an etherblade+G. etherblade, and you get 7 high strength low AP attacks on whatever character you want. Add in Slaanesh powers on the Herald to try for overwatch shut down and/or telepathy for invisible distraction boobs.

Meanwhile, since you took this as part of the new Daemon Decurion, the rest of your Slaanesh babes can take every open objective on the table with their amazing movement speed on turn 1 and then forget about them on turn 2.

At 1850, I see a list with about 60 Daemonettes, 20+ seekers, two heralds, a KoS, and a boatload of chariots. Grab objectives on turn 1 with your chariots and your Daemonettes while your seekers run into the enemy lines. Good times, good times.

Excessive stats/rules removed in accordance with forum rule 1 - Iris.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 04:53:18 AM by Irisado »
Ziltoid is so omniscient, if there were to be two omnisciences, he would be both!

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
Re: Slaaneshi Distraction Boobs 1st turn assault
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 03:13:17 PM »
Slaanesh has always been good. With the new formations, Slaanesh can be downright nasty. The speed, the numbers, the crazy rules--good times.

If I were smart, I'd start building a Slaanesh build. Instead, I just bought a Flaming Chariot for some Yhwh-condemneded reason. What a moron I am.  :-\

Offline khaine

• This happens when I am bored.
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Truly Dread
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 06:45:24 PM »
Slaanesh was scarey fast before the new formations, I've been working on my Slaanesh army over the last couple of months and each time I've used it I've warned my opponent "It's stupid fast."

They have still been shocked when they realised exactly how fast it is...

There's no stopping what can't be stopped, no killing what can't be killed

You can't see the eyes of the demon until him come calling.

This is dread man, truly dread.

"Childhood is when you idolize Batman. Adulthood is when you realize that the Joker makes more sense."

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 12:57:47 PM »
Slaanesh is scary fragile though. With lots of Hit and Run and multiple shot S6 weapons about, you'll loose a lot of those models before they can do a whole lot. A squad of bolter marines rapid-firing will evaporate a squad of either seekers or Daemonettes, as in the formations you'll most likely be taking minimum numbered squads to fit in 12 units (yikes!).

Lots of Rending though, so only really walkers are going to cause you a headache in melee (and maybe land raiders). Could be pretty cool. I guess the benefit to taking so many small squads, is that you don't care about the overkill it'll inevitably take to kill one unit off. There are plenty more!
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 04:51:26 PM »
The thing is, though, that you can easily field the numbers to soak those losses and anything that shoots, successful or not, is getting charged by *something* immediately afterwards. Might have trouble with scatter bikes and warp spiders (and who doesn't?), but if you cover the DZ with models, the space to "run away" rapidly vanishes.

I've done something like this with Khorne. 64 bloodletters, plus bloodcrushers and hounds and a thirster and a chariot, etc. They can gun down stuff for a little while, but by turn 3 they're swamped. Especially if warp storm goes your way and the Grimoire is working.