News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The Blood Fiends 2000pts  (Read 688 times)

Offline ((MiniDooMarn))

The Blood Fiends 2000pts
« on: August 6, 2008, 04:14:32 PM »
I'm gonna get some Black Reach boxes mainly for the Orks but since I have no-one to split the marines with I'm thinking of converting them to followers of Khorne which I believe is the only god that's cool while being fairly easy to convert models from what I have available. Don't know if it's okay fluffwise to have heavy weapons for a Khorne force but I think that I need the option to take down tanks at range. Haven't yet read the 5th ed. book since I haven't had a chance to buy it but know most of the changes.

HQ
Chaos Lord w/ MoK, Daemon Weapon & Daemonic Steed 170pts

Elite
10 Chosens w/ IoK, Power Fist, Lightning Claws [x3] & Heavy Bolter; Aspiring Champion 320pts

10 Terminators w/ IoK, Chainfist [x2], Power Fist [x5], Lightning Claws [x3] & Reaper Autocannon [x2] 490pts

Troops
10 Marines w/ IoK, Lascannon, Plasma Gun; Aspiring Champion w/ Power Fist 255pts

10 Marines w/ IoK, Autocannon, Plasma Gun; Aspiring Champion w/ Power Fist 245pts

10 Marines w/ IoK, Missile Launcher, Flamer; Aspiring Champion w/ Power Weapon 225pts

Heavy Support
Vindicator w/ Deamonic Possession & Havoc Launcher 160pts

Predator w/ Autocannon, Lascannon Sponsons & Dozer Blade 135pts

2000pts
51 Models + 2 Vehicles   
Ancalla face mea laganum

Offline ihockert

• Have Chainaxe -- Will Slaughter
Re: The Blood Fiends 2000pts
« Reply #1 on: August 6, 2008, 09:29:19 PM »
Well here is my take on your list:

First of all switch the Lord to twin lightning claws.  The Bloodfeeder is a double edged sword.  When it works you will turn enemy squads into mush but when it fails your lord will probably end up dead.  It also has a higher failure rate than the other daemon weapons.  Lightning Claws are much more reliable and pretty darn effective too.

Ditch the heavy bolter on the Chosen, and try to give them a transport.  Most of them are geared for close combat so the heavy bolter is kinda pointless.

I would also drop some powerfists on your terminators as you will probably get more mileage from the power weapons.  I'm also not a big fan of the reaper but if you are footslogging it may be worthwhile.  You may also want to consider some combi-weapons.

Your regular squads should be using double special weapons.  Heavy weapons in 10 man CSM squads are a waste of the other troops capabilities.  I would also highly recommend giving at least one squad double melta guns.  The ability to slag a transport and assault the carried unit it one turn is pretty awesome.  I would also suggest dropping the Khorne Icons from your regular troops and give them the Icon of Chaos Glory.  If you want Khorne troops take Berzerkers instead, they are much better CC units.

Your heavy support is pretty okay.  I'm not sure about the havoc launcher on the vindicator but it does give you a pretty decent backup weapon if the demolisher is destroyed.  I typically think a predator is better off as tri-las or autocannon/heavy bolter.  Both have to avoid movement to get maximum fire but they at least each have a single role at which they excel.  Multi-tasking units is usually not the best idea.
When life gives you lemons... BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!

Offline Demonboy

• Forum Idiot: I post so I don't have to read
« Reply #2 on: August 6, 2008, 10:21:00 PM »
Lose 5 termies and add a Land Raider.

You are heavily lacking ranged anti-tank once you do what Ihockert said.

Dont use preds, they are over priced. For anti-tank I'd suggest 5 chosen w/ 5 meltas infiltrated or outflanking. This will make it really easy to kill tanks. Vind is nice if you can keep it hiden.

Honestly I dont like your troops, they need a complete reconstruction.

this would be an ideal list:

Khornate Daemon Prince w/ moKhorne, wings.

5 Chosen w/ 5 meltas and personal Icon (to summon prince and/or termies)

5 Termies w/ Icon of Khorne and 2x lightning claws. Either in land raider or deep striking w/ the Chosen's icon.

3 squads of 1 oblit.

And however many 5-10 khorne berserkers in Rhinos as you can afford.

This is, of course, only if you want Khorne... if you want to be shooty I'd suggest Slaanesh or Tzeentch

Offline colinodbl

• 40K players are made of people
« Reply #3 on: August 6, 2008, 10:30:58 PM »
I personally really like the Khorne Daemon weapon, I find it very amusing when I get 17 power weapon attacks on the charge. The steed is ok. If you are playing Khorne then you should really get Berzerkers. 10 Berzerkers with a fist champ is 250 points and you get a much better assault unit than CSMs. If you decide to stick with CSMs though, I agree with ihockert that you should drop the heavy weapons and either take dual melta or dual flamer. I'd stick with the Khorne Icon for fluff reasons though. I'd also highly recommend getting some rhinos. You could drop a TON of points from the elite choices. Ten terminators just seems like overkill to me. I'd drop it to five to get some transports. I'd also drop the predator and take some havocs if you want some good anti infantry or some obliterators if you want anti tank. Vindicator is ok. Chosen seem a bit expensive but might be fun to outflank with since they have infiltrate. I don't like the thought of a Land Raider. I used to run them but then I realized how terribly over priced it is. For how I fielded it, I could instead have a complete new berzerker squad. Up to you though, it's a personal choice.
5th Ed. Record W/L/D
CSM 17/7/6
IG 12/9/8
SM 1/0/0
Daemons (retired) 4/1/0
Total 34/17/14
View My Articles Here
Valkyrie/Vendetta Tactica