News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: fire platform idea  (Read 1210 times)

Seer Questel

fire platform idea
« on: February 13, 2003, 03:03:52 AM »
the other day i was eatting some yogo thingy,
when i noticed how convienvet the shape of the cup thing was.

After having washed out the cup,
i tried seeing how it looked on its own, as a simple silo or something.

Unfortrunetly i could only fit a single marine on the top (well bottom, cuase i turned it upside down) of it.

Which led to me thinking about changing it to a weapon platform type thing using spare bitz from the rhino frame.

i havent actrully built it yet, but durring math i thought up a set of trial rules

Heavy Support

0-1 Missle Platforms

Points/Model  Bs  AV: Front   Side  Rear
      75             4             11        11      11

Squad Size: 1 - 5

Weapons: the missle platforms are each armed with Hunter Killer Missles.

Options: the weapon platform may be given extra armour or searchlights. No option may be tacken more then once per missle platform.

Speical Rules:
Secure, as they are built mainly for defending importent places all missle platforms may never move in the movement phase.

Seperate, all missle platforms are deployed seperatley and do not form units of their own, though they are all deployed at the same time. They may not claim table quarters or count for completing mission objectives

Plenty of Ammo, thanks to the large storage area within the platform, the hunter killer missle now counts as a Heavy 1 weapon, so may fire more then once per battle. All other rules apply as normal to the hunter killer missle.

so......
what do ya think?
i personly like the idea as it would be very fluffy for them to be guarding an objective in say. A take and hold mission would be perfect.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2003, 03:04:54 AM by Questel »