News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: [2000] Astra Militarum - Unbreakable Cadia Tank Company  (Read 2979 times)

Offline Akaitsuki

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
[2000] Astra Militarum - Unbreakable Cadia Tank Company
« on: August 19, 2017, 08:54:21 PM »
Theme - Aiming for a Tank company list built around Pask. Added Guilliman for re-roll support all-around aswell as an assault deterrent to any would be deep strikers etc. If you have some suggestions on which tanks to remove/add to this list by all means. I'm not interested in infantry for this list

+++ Imperium - Astra Militarum - 113 (Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition) [113 PL, 1998pts] +++
++ Super-Heavy Auxiliary Detachment (Imperium - Space Marines) ++
**Chapter Selection**: Ultramarines
+ Lord of War +

Roboute Guilliman

++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Cadians) ++
+ HQ +
Knight Commander Pask:

. Command Punisher: Turret-mounted Punisher Gatling Cannon, Heavy Bolter, Heavy Bolters

+ Fast Attack +
Hellhounds

. Hellhound: Heavy Flamer, Turret-mounted Inferno Cannon

Hellhounds

+ Heavy Support +
Basilisks

-Heavy Bolter

Leman Russ Demolishers
. Leman Russ Executioner:
Heavy Bolter, Plasma Cannons, Turret-mounted Executioner Plasma Cannon
. Leman Russ Executioner:
Heavy Bolter, Plasma Cannons, Turret-mounted Executioner Plasma Cannon

Leman Russ Demolishers
. Leman Russ Demolisher:
Heavy Bolter, Turret-mounted Demolisher Siege Cannon
. Leman Russ Punisher:
Heavy Bolter, Heavy Bolters, Turret-mounted Punisher Gatling Cannon

Manticore:
Heavy Bolter

Total CP: 7
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 08:57:13 PM by Akaitsuki »

Offline The Black Dahlia Murder

• NRPH forever...
Re: [2000] Astra Militarum - Unbreakable Cadia Tank Company
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 03:07:10 PM »
Only thing that can really mess up your day is melta guns. Fire Dragons are a huge threat. Or thunder hammers. Don't get me wrong, I love tanks but you need some support. Will Guilliman be in the back or the front kicking butt?

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 04:02:25 PM »
You need an infantry screen, or your tanks will be charged turn 1, and you'll never shoot.

Find points for a commissar and 50 conscripts.

Also, wyverns and manticores are way better then lemon russ's.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Akaitsuki

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 01:38:11 AM »
Yeah wish I had wyverns or more manticores. Could def sub some of those russes if i could.

As for first turn assault i'm ready for it. That's what the 4 hellhounds are for they are my screen my other tanks can't be assaulted if i build a wall of hellhounds 8" away from eachother more or less. Assaulting a hellhound means you will have to take that overwatching inferno cannon to the face which is a good trade and killing the hellhound means 50% chance of mortal wound dealing explosion after. It is a pretty bad target for anyone trying to alpha strike

Where as the rest of the army can hang back, some distance behind the hellhounds making sure units can't come alpha strike my rear with good positioning the 4 hellhounds should hold and then I can bring in the pain with the army. Guilliman is neither in the back or front he is in the middle of all vehicles granting everything the 12" re-roll bubble and ready to counter-assault anything that decides to get in my face there's very few deepstriking units in the game that want to go toe to toe with Guilliman.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 07:20:51 PM »
Yeah wish I had wyverns or more manticores. Could def sub some of those russes if i could.

As for first turn assault i'm ready for it. That's what the 4 hellhounds are for they are my screen my other tanks can't be assaulted if i build a wall of hellhounds 8" away from eachother more or less. Assaulting a hellhound means you will have to take that overwatching inferno cannon to the face which is a good trade and killing the hellhound means 50% chance of mortal wound dealing explosion after. It is a pretty bad target for anyone trying to alpha strike

Where as the rest of the army can hang back, some distance behind the hellhounds making sure units can't come alpha strike my rear with good positioning the 4 hellhounds should hold and then I can bring in the pain with the army. Guilliman is neither in the back or front he is in the middle of all vehicles granting everything the 12" re-roll bubble and ready to counter-assault anything that decides to get in my face there's very few deepstriking units in the game that want to go toe to toe with Guilliman.

I don't think the hellhounds are going to be enough of a deterrent.

Even if you don't take artillery, Your list is going to struggle in most missions. You don't have the firepower to table people, so you're going to loose on objectives. Also, the lack of infantry means you can never get the relic.

Some folks will give you some trouble, and Rowboat Girlyman is a good at keeping assault units honest, but you're going to struggle in a competitive environment. In a more casual environment, you'll do well enough.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria