News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1850 List in the new edition  (Read 1155 times)

Offline Commisar Kowle

1850 List in the new edition
« on: May 5, 2014, 05:11:43 AM »
Hello Everyone,

I am have taken a look at our new codex and have revamped my list accordingly. I see that our orders have now allowed us to move forward on the battlefield with order such as forwards for the emperor after shooting all our heavy weapons.

This is my list with a small explanation underneath. I have always been a purist when it comes to lists so I don't include allies on principle, although the need is less now with us getting divination.

1850 Points

HQ
Primaris Psyker Lvl 2 75
Primaris Psyker Lvl 2 75
Primaris Psyker Lvl 2 75

CCS, 4 sniper rifles, chimera 133

Tank commander Pask in punisher with HB sponsons 200
LRBT 150

Troops
Infantry Platton
- PCS, 2 Grenade Launchers, 1 sniper rifle 42
-Infantry Squad, 1 Lascannon, Flamer 75
-Infantry Squad, 1 Missile Launcher with Flakk, Flamer 80
-Infantry Squad, 1 Missile Launcher with Flakk, 75

Veteran Squad, 3 Plasma Guns, Forward Sentries 115

Veteran Squad, 3 Plasma Guns, forward sentries 115

Heavy support
Leman Russ Vanquisher Tank,Hull Lascannon 145

Leman Russ Vanquisher Tank,Hull Lascannon 145

Manticore Tank 170

I tried to balance more on the units that got cheaper and wipe out those that got an increase like the Vendetta (thank goodness it is no longer an auto include because I play a death korps of krieg army and hated having a flyer). I have included 2 vanquishers in the army for a simple reason, the more AV 14 things on the table, the more my opponent has to think about and if they are moving up the flanks, which facing of armour would you like to expose to them (esp with the advent of monstrous creatures and the imperial knights, Armour bane will be welcomed).

The main goal would be to roll all powers on the divination table and all 3 switching out one power for primaris. hopefully they get invul 4++ or gets the ignore cover, misfortune is alright too.

I would then place them in different units. depending on if i needed a static fire base, one may join the CCS or be given to different blobs of lascannons, missile launchers or to the veterans skirting along through cover.

My CCS, with sniper rifles (which have been made ridiculously cheap) can either advance to give my blobs tank hunter and monster hunter or I can leave them behind in cover and possibly order the back of the blob with the needed orders while the chimera goes forward to provide cover to pask and possibly the infantry.

Tell me what you guys think. I was considering possibly switching out those flakks for lascannons, and where I should place those Pyskers.

Tell me what you guys think, I have played a couple of games with this so far and have been doing well. Although, i have yet to face the dreaded imperial knights or eldar with wraith knights. Riptides are made short work of thought with a blob with twinlinked and Monster hunter. Pask also destroyed him even with his 3++ that he got from nova charged or smth.

Thanks for the help guys.
What I cannot crush with words, I will crush with the tanks of the Imperial Guard

Offline Hamburgler Hill

Re: 1850 List in the new edition
« Reply #1 on: May 5, 2014, 07:26:07 AM »
Hi. Couple of things mainly re: the infantry. Are they going to be blobbed up? You might consider the commissar unless I'm missing something regarding psykers powers (I'm really not au fais with any of the disciplines yet sadly).

Also the new version of Al'Rahems old order is cool and all but those flamers have to fire first - then you move. I'm not so sure that works well with the lascannons tbh. Plasma if you want the pain, grenade launchers for the cheap. The main reason for that is - you don't get to decide where your opponent deploys his squad for the attack. So a lot of the time those flamers are not gonna be in a good firing position before you d6 back peddle away.

If you're after dedicated antiair I'd drop the Flakks. They're crazy expensive for the average utility the present. Hydras or lascannon spam is my advice. I personally take tons of lascannons. (Mainly because I disagree with having to buy 40 quid models just because they're stupid OP for the points when I already have an existing army). 

Between the vanks, the manticore and the infantry you're packing a fierce amount of antitank. The manticore IMHO is possibly one of the best antitank units the guard now have access to. If you're running that it might be worth dropping the vanks in favour of crowd control for MEQ's. Either Leman Russ or Demolishers.

Hope that helps :)
The men from the 101st made 10 bloodied attempts for victory but all they got was a pile of burgers and a lawsuit from MacDonald's     Hamburglerhill