News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Can i convert a giant into a knight?  (Read 1369 times)

Offline Brash

• Titan Games
  • Armies: Chaos Space Marines
Can i convert a giant into a knight?
« on: November 8, 2016, 03:43:20 PM »
So I have this giant lying around from when I played regular warhammer and I was thinking of selling it but I don't think I would get very much for it so I need more knights so I figured maybe I could convert it into one. Before I order the knight bits I thought I would ask if anyone thinks this is viable/ if you played against a giant with this conversion would you be like wtf that's not ok.
Ave Dominus Nox

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: Can i convert a giant into a knight?
« Reply #1 on: November 8, 2016, 04:52:15 PM »
My biggest concern, is that a knight is much taller, and much bulkier than a giant. The knight is almost as wide as the giant is tall, so you'd have a lot of work to just bulk up the giant to be the same scale.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline khaine

• This happens when I am bored.
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Truly Dread
Re: Can i convert a giant into a knight?
« Reply #2 on: November 9, 2016, 08:16:30 AM »
Would depend a lot on how it was done and what army it was in.

For something like Orks/Chaos I could see it working. As a regular Imperial Knight it's probably going to end up looking totally out of place. Good conversions generally start with a concept which leads you to the models to work with rather than “I've got this and want to use it as xxx.”

So yes it could work in some situations. Yes I would play against it. Yes it probably is going to look a little stupid unless it fits with an over all bio-mech/mutant theme in the rest of the army.

There's no stopping what can't be stopped, no killing what can't be killed

You can't see the eyes of the demon until him come calling.

This is dread man, truly dread.

"Childhood is when you idolize Batman. Adulthood is when you realize that the Joker makes more sense."