News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Knuckles on Necrodermis Campaign - Necron Side  (Read 7181 times)

Offline NecronCell2131

• KoN Veteran
  • Mindshackle Scarabs Abuser
  • Armies: Necrons, Vampire counts
Knuckles on Necrodermis Campaign - Necron Side
« on: September 12, 2010, 02:42:49 AM »
Campaign Rules and Information

Fluff behind the Competition

A swirling tempest of blue-green errupts as Warlord Anakron's Fleet rips out of the Warp and back into real space in the Olnuma System.  "Where are weze!" Bellowed the Warlord from his captain's chair.  "Hurry up so we can get ta krumpin!"  Dozens of Gretchen poured over the sensor relays and starcharts desperate to find the answer before angering the Warlord further.  He was already disappointed and agitated at the long journey inside the massive Space Hulk Kellamitty had taken for his command ship.

Behind him stood the diminutive Warphead Bogdurk, who tapped the Warlord nervously on the shoulder.  "WHAT IS IT BOGDURK!" bellowed the Warlord.

"Well, boss, we can't stay here."
"And why Zoggin Not!  Isn't there anyfing here fer us ta Krump?!"
"Look at this sensor report, these pyramids on the third moon."
"Ya theyze look like Pyramids, so what!"

The Warphead with a gleam of terror in his eyes whispered "Morgargdurlurkgulsh ardregsnikslag."  All of a sudden the busy room drew quiet.

"Morgargdurlurkgul-what?"
"Morgargdurlurkgulsh ardregsnikslag, the fortress of ancient, terrifying power, land of waiting death, pain and destruction.  The home of the undying silver boyz."

Out from the hallway crept the faint smell of pipe smoke, as the Manic Mek Muklaz entered the bridge.  "Morgargdurlurkgulsh ardregsnikslag you say.  Seems interesting.  Warlord Anakron, I've been hopin we might find someplace like this.  Legendz say that the metals of dem silver boyz were alive.  If we can find out how dey make dat metal, I can make a stompa, no the whole fleet invincibal."

A toothy grin crept over the Warlord's face.  "Get da boyz ready, we'ze gonna do some Lootin."

The Tomb began to power up after countless millennia.  For decades the ancient sensors had noticed the passing presence of man, orklings and other races; but nothing to warrant awakening the Tomb as a whole.  Nothing that is until now.  As several fleets of ships entered and exited the systems of the Necron Multiverse, it was now time to awaken the Cells and to once again harvest the stars. Yet as the Necron Cells began to emerge from their ancient alcoves of dormancy, they knew instantly that something had gone terribly wrong.

When the Necron Cells had last gone into stasis, they knew it would be for millennia, and took strides to ensure that when they awoke things would be as they should.  However somewhere along the line something went wrong.  The Necrodermis Generator was offline, and due to the unaccounted variables of polar shifts, seismic instabilities, and continental drifts, this piece of technology was unaccounted for. Without a functional generator, it would prove difficult for their army to repair at the speeds necessary to engage in long-term conflicts. Were such a device to fall into the hands of any other race, a succesful defense against the long-term machinations of the Necrontyr might possibly be developed. Fortunately, there was just one presence in the area with enough mass to prove problematic - that of the Orks.

The chrome green colossus known to the Imperium as File 100111 0111 111, codenamed "El Deceivio" saw the flaw instantly as he awoke from status; thus he called his warriors to rise and retreive the "Necrodermus Generator". He also sent out relays to as many other Necron Cells as he could in the hopes that somehow his communica would be received and answered so that multiple Necron Cells could work in unison to not only retreive the "Necrodermus Generator" but also to erradicate the multiverse of these impudent green upstarts.

A link to the thread with the the rules http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=205138.0

« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 03:33:54 PM by Gutstikk »
My Tesseract Labyrinth Collection:
 1xDreadknight
 Enemies Doored by Monolith:
 1xBlack templars dreadnought,1xChaos lord,1xEmperors champion,1xDante,1xBelial,4xMelta guns that failed to kill it,1xWolf lord,1xStraken

Offline NecronCell2131

• KoN Veteran
Re: Cross-Forum-Campaign Necron Side
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 03:18:21 AM »
Competitors names will go in this post to keep track of all those Cells that have awoken and joined the fight.

PM me if you want to join the campaign and also Post your list so i can put you in the right sector.

List of Entries on the Necron side:

-Moc065                                          {sector 3} - Game 1 Victory.
-Kaiju Senso                                   {sector 3}
-Firefox                                           {sector 3} - Game 1 Victory
-Davinder                                        {sector 3}

-Necroncell2131 -- Team Leader -- {sector 2}
-Lazarisreborn                                {sector 2}
-Killersquid                                      {sector 2}

-Blindmage                                     {sector 1}
-Doopsie                                         {sector 1} - Game 1 Minor setback.
-Gutstikk

-lettheharvestbegin                        {PM Sent}

Sector 1: Under 1000pts
Sector 2: 1000pts-1500pts
Sector 3: 1500pts-2000pts
« Last Edit: October 4, 2010, 02:29:57 AM by NecronCell2131 »
 1xDreadknight
 1xBlack templars dreadnought,1xChaos lord,1xEmperors champion,1xDante,1xBelial,4xMelta guns that failed to kill it,1xWolf lord,1xStraken

Offline NecronCell2131

• KoN Veteran
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 03:20:44 AM »
Don't forget that we get points to games played not just games vs Orks; although there are some noteriaty points up for grabs if you do beat the orks down, etc. But there are also points for other things such as:
Posting a Picture of your Campaign Hero
Ancient Terrain and Diorama's
Campaign Fictional Stories.

Campaign Points so Far: 19

Total Campaign Points so Far: 0 (it hasn't started yet)

Round 1 (from Sept 26-Oct 9)
     Points earned in Sector 1: 1
     Points earned in Sector 2: 3
     Points earned in Sector 3: 2
            Bonus Mission Points: 1
                    Round 1 Results: 11 CP's (Orks @ 12)
Batreps from round 1
1750pts of TMGM vs IG {sector 3 Standard Game}
2000pts of TMGM vs Space Wolves {Sector 3 Bonus Mission}

Round 2 (from Oct 3 - Oct 16)
     Points earned in Sector 1: 2
     Points earned in Sector 2: 3
     Points earned in Sector 3: 3
            Bonus Mission Points: 1
                    Round 2 Results: 19 CP's (Orks @ 21)
Batreps from round 2
1700pts of TMGM vs Orks {Sector 3 Standard game + Campaign Bonus Mission

Round 3 (from Oct 10 - Oct 23)
     Points earned in Sector 1:
     Points earned in Sector 2:
     Points earned in Sector 3:
            Bonus Mission Points:
                    Round 3 Results:
Batreps from round 3
1550pts of TMGM vs Space Marines {Sector 3 Bonus Mission}
1750pts of TMGM vs IG {Sector 3 Standard Game}

Round 4 (from Oct 17 - Oct 30)
     Points earned in Sector 1:
     Points earned in Sector 2:
     Points earned in Sector 3:
                    Round 4 Results:
Batreps from round 4 or round 3.5, if we are cutting things short
1700pts f TMGM vs Space Marines {Sector 3 Standard Game}
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 12:05:39 PM by moc065 »
 1xDreadknight

Offline NecronCell2131

• KoN Veteran
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 03:35:57 AM »
 I will be competing in the 1000 and 1500 categories.

1000 point list

Necron lord aka Lord Techron, rez orb, warscythe     150
9x Immortals                                                               252
10x Warriors                                                               180
1xMonolith                                                                  235

1500 point list

Necron lord aka Lord Techron, rez orb, warscythe      150
10x Immortals                                                             280

Lord Techron loves his vehicles...

Each game will come with a battle report though i am not the best writer so it will be clinical.

Feel free to follow the example and post your own lists below.
 1xDreadknight

Offline Log

• Burna Boy
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: Knuckles on Necrodermis Campaign - Necron Side
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 03:40:19 PM »
Necrons are my planned 3rd army, but will likely be abiut 6 months away. However my mariens are heavily based around machine and necron fluff and I quite regularly play a (kr)ork player. I'd happily be considered as a merc in sector 2 for the crons if you have the room.

Offline Gutstikk

• Infinity Circuit | Title here to be dreaded 'til further notice. Rummy's Deepstriking Pylon
  • Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 03:42:18 PM »
It looks like Mercs are out for this campaign :(. Though by all means, if you get your friend to sign up, you can still have an impact by mercilessly crushing his army. See if you can get him to sign up as an Ork partisan and then show him the meaning of fear?

Offline Log

• Burna Boy
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 04:10:09 PM »
lol nice idea, he doesn't frequent this forum, but I will do my best as we will be having plenty of games anyway. I'll just have to paint a SM cheerleader up and post its portrait  :P

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010, 06:13:41 PM »
Once I finish a tournament next weekend, I am going to be gaming hard with my Necron pals. I'm excited to resume the Red Harvest for the Brotherhood of the Spiraling Worm.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline moc065

• Infinity Circuit / Necrontyr Lord / KoN Warlord
  • Ancient
  • King of the Preemptive Strike
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2010, 06:27:05 PM »
Sorry to be so slow on the uptake (4 kids) but I will go for Sector 3 primarily and take direction from NecronCell 2131 to cover off any of the other sectors should we be short handed (seriously, I can game 1-2 times a week, so let me know if you need a game played somewhere --  bear in mind that it costs CP's to switch sectors, so I think trying to get a good spread {2-3 players} in each sector is the best bet to get a game per sector per mission period)

Primary list

The Mighty Green Machine

(300) 1 Deceiver
(200) 1 D-Lord, GoF, Phyl, PS, Scythe.
(252) 7 Pariah
(180) 10 Warriors
(180) 10 Warriors
(060) 5 Scarab Swarms
(123) 3 Wraiths
(123) 3 Wraiths
(165) 3 Tomb Spiders
(110) 2 Tomb Spiders

1693pts, 2SU's, 13KP's, PO = 6/27 with 45 Figures

Preliminary game -- First game scheduled for 16 Sep 2010: 2000pts vs Space Wolves @ 16 Sept 2010

I will add to primary list to make up the points; suggestions are welcome;
I went with the core list = 4 Flayed One's and 1 Monolith. Game was good and the Dogs were put down in the end. Great for a preliminary game and I hope to do better in the real event.

The armies at the start.

TMGM -- Deciever, D-Lord, 4 FO's, 7 Pariah, 20 Warriors, 6 Wraiths, 5 Scarbs, 5 TS's, and a Mono.
Wolves -- 2 R-priests, Wolf Lord on dog, 36 grey hunters, 18 fangs, 10 wolfguard, 5 dogs, 3 pods, 1 rhino

TMGM is a CC Necron army with some fire support
Wolves are set up like 4 groups of Fangs with Hunters to Score/capture, etc.

I was forced into 1st turn on a Pitched Battle with 2 MO's. The Wolves then stole the initiative and proceeded to shoot the hell out of the Necrons. The Necrons weathered the storm and got into CC with the Wolves, lots of wolves died and some Necrons died. All Grey Hunters ceased to exist by turn 5 while 18 Necron Warriors remained to score/contest the objectives. The Wolves had most of their Wolfguard intact as well as 1 unit of Longfangs and a damaged Rhino. El-decievio, SupRINM-11, 3 Wraiths, the Mono and 18 of the Warriors carried the day.
     I am still in the build of a few of my figures, so the Immortals in the picture are FO-Proxies and the blue Warriors are Pariah-Proxies. I loved WBB this game and hated Living Lightning and some 17 Missile Launcher shots to go with some Lascannon, Plasma, and bolter fire too.

Campaign Game 1 1750pts TMGM vs Imperial Guard -- 29 Sep 2010.
     I used my Standard list and added 1 Tomb Spider (proxied a beat up Destroyer for the game) vs a very Balanced IG army. He was a new opponent as I just met him that day. I also got an offer on a game next week, so the Kill Box Bonus Mission might be do-able for us Necrons to gain another CP or two.   

Bonus Mission 1 -- Interupted 2000pts TMGM vs Space Wolves -- 7 Oct 2010.
     I used an old school Necron list that relied on firepower with some Shock Absorber/Monolith aid. Harald DeathWolf was my opponents army and he was running 2 very good IC's Logan Grimnar and Stromcaller. Thus we earned another CP for the Necrons. And I am actively seeking more games.

Campaign Game 2 and Campaign Bonus Mission "It's Them" Dawn of War 1700 TMG vs Orkz -- 15 Oct 2010
     I used my standard CC list vs an Ork mob with 10 Knob Bikers. He decided that he would ram his Ork Force down the Necrons throat, and he was beating so badly that he conceeded after 1 full round of Close Combat where he lost over 1000pts of his army to The Might Green Machine.

Bonus Mission 3 -- Secure the Tablet 1550pts of TMGM vs Space Marines -- 18 Oct 2010
     Once again I switched it up and had SupREME-10 take command of a more shooty force to try and capture the flag. TMGM fought well and their tactics were sound; but one Terminator held on to contest the Mission Objective and only a "Draw" was granted. El-Deceivio was not impressed, and stated that he will take personnal command of the next battle to ensure a Victory.

Standard Mission for round 3 had 1750pts of TMGM vs IG -- 21 Oct 2010
     After the "Draw" that SupREME-10 had, El-Deceivio vowed to show the Imperium the true might of The Mighty Green Machine; thus he assembled his CC force and kicked the living hell out of some unfortunate Imperial Guardsman that got in his way as he was on the hunt for those evasive Space Marines that put such a showing again SupREME-10. El-Deceivio left no doubt in any bio-mass's mind as to who was truely the most 3vil race in the Multi-verse, in fact he had his forces stomp each bio-mass unit into the dust and he gave their low tech machine the same respect by crushing them as well.

Standard Mission for round 4 (or an extra for round 3) had 1700pts of TMGM vs Drop Pod Marines -- 22 Oct 2010
    El-Deceivio caught up to the General of the Space Marines that thought they might have shown TMGM a thing or three. El-Deceivio took very little time to crush the SM's into the dust under his mighty foot. He spared them no pause, and showed absolutely no mercy as he educated SupREME-10 in the proper way to educate the multi-verse into full understanding of who was the most 3vil race in the Multi-verse.

Batreps on ther own
1750pts of TMGM vs IG 29 Sep 2010
2000pts of TMGM vs Space Wolves 7 Oct 2010
1700pts of TMGM vs Orks 15 Oct 2010
1550pts of TMGM vs Space Marines 18 Oct 2010
1750pts of TMGM vs IG 21 Oct 2010
1700pts of TMGM vs Drop Pod Marines 22 Oct 2010

Read about Hero's of TMGM

Check out how to make some Necron Mission Objectives - TMGM style

Read the account from SupREME-10 as he tells the Story of TMGM
Cheers

SupREME-10
Necrontyr Lord
TMGM Necron Cell 100111
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 12:14:45 PM by moc065 »
Join POC: Saim-Hann
or Read the Guide to Eldar
or read the Guide to Necrons

And Click here if you like Magic The Gathering

Offline Kaiju Senso

• Necrontyr Warrior
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Necrons, Guard, Tau, Marines
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2010, 10:35:00 PM »
I would prefer Sector 3 as 1500, 1750, and 2000 are the normal games we play in my gaming group. Do you have to be set in stone with one list? I like to switch it up often.

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2010, 09:51:02 AM »
One list is not manditory; we are just showing off our particular playstyle. Feel free to go with Sector 3, and to show or not show your list off. Although we would love to see the batreps with pics, lists, etc.

Cheers and may the Krorks be put down quickly.

Offline Blindmage

• Ork Yoof
  • Armies: The Ripper Horde, Kroot anything, rarely Necrons
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2010, 12:55:47 PM »
would kill team and combat patrol games count for this? also, are battle reports necessary (not that i'm complaining)?

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2010, 03:17:10 PM »
If your asking if your Cell can cover Sector 1 (Under 1000pts) then the answer would be *Yes*.

I will sign you up. And you do not need to submit full batreps; but you will have to fire a PM to NecronCell2131 or myself detailing the game in some fashion
(Ex:
500pts gema vs Space Marines. We did a Combat Patrol and I tabled the Imperialist barstches in 5 turns while only losing 1 squad of Warriors - my list consisted of --- and his was ---
Turn 1 = Smalll synopsis
Turn 2 = Smalll synopsis
Turn 3 = Smalll synopsis
Turn 4 = Smalll synopsis
etc)

Does that make sense, as we fully understand that not everyone will be doing pics, or detailed Batreps of their games.

Cheers.

Offline Blindmage

• Ork Yoof
  • Armies: The Ripper Horde, Kroot anything, rarely Necrons
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2010, 03:23:59 PM »
thank you very much for the explanation! we're prepping for a 1,500pnt tourney around here and i thought some small games would help break things up and give me a chance to help you guys and the forum by joining in.

Offline Gutstikk

• Infinity Circuit | Title here to be dreaded 'til further notice. Rummy's Deepstriking Pylon
  • Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2010, 04:33:28 PM »
small games are perfectly fine! Also, please note that the list of requirements for logging a game is in the main thread on campaigns and batreps, and is actually a very small list of requirements. A turn-by-turn account is totally unnecessary - we roll on the honor system, so a very small writeup is all that's needed. But in case you'd like to see it over here:

Send a PM to your coordinator including the following after your match has concluded:
-The Sector you're assigned to
-The mission you played - use the name of the standard or bonus mission you played, eg Dawn of War or Double-Cross [or Kill Team, etc]
-Who you fought [what codex the army is drawn from, eg Blood Angels, Orks, Eldar etc]
-The results of the match
-A highlight or two from the match - coolest thing you did, worst thing you suffered, something that surprised you

Short and simple.

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2010, 10:42:11 AM »
Thanks for the injection of information there Gutstikk, I probably should have done the same thing you did (copy and paste) but I was only trying to offer a different perspective on it through the use of an example (it was not a set down rule or anything).

Anyway, I had a game not too long ago that used my Necrons (TMGM) and I just thought that I might add a linky to the Batrep here just in case any of you wanted to read through it, maybe to get into the mode of Necrons killing bio-mass, etc, etc.

1700pts The Mighty Green Machine vs Space Wolves feel free to comment in the thread it self, and try to ignore the uglyness of some of those unpainted figures as TMGM is very much still a WIP.

Cheers

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2010, 06:49:34 PM »

Anyway, I had a game not too long ago that used my Necrons (TMGM) and I just thought that I might add a linky to the Batrep here just in case any of you wanted to read through it, maybe to get into the mode of Necrons killing bio-mass, etc, etc.

Cheers

Well I started the campaign prematurely (I swear I read the 16th somewhere) so here is a report of biomass making necrons go away. ;D

http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=205538.0
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Gutstikk

• Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2010, 07:35:10 AM »
Campaign is now open and the first match's bonus round has been posted. Get fighting!

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2010, 08:14:27 AM »
My first game is against lettheharvestbegin today, we will be slightly better matched as I told him I will not change my list (as I have invaded his world and am not currently growing any new orks yet) and he will adapt to see what he can accomplish, (since it is a tomb world anything is possible) plus I saw he bought the nightbringer ctan last week so I expect a slight change in his HQ choices.... :o
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2010, 08:21:29 AM »
@ SKEETERGOD. **May the best man Machine WIN !"

Good luck to you both, and I am in the process of booking a game for Wed/Thurs this week. So there will be some added carnage for the blood gods.

Cheers