News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Ossiarch Bonereapers  (Read 3802 times)

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
  • "Bees. My God" was an obscure Batman quote.
Re: Ossiarch Bonereapers
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2019, 11:12:29 AM »
Today I learnt that one of the subfactions of the Ossiarchs is called the Stalliarchs.

And that their mounts are called Equumortoi.

At least it's not the run-of-the-mill "nounverber"-type name GW usually goes with, but sheesh, that last one is quite the mouthful!

https://www.belloflostsouls.net/2019/10/age-of-sigmar-ossiarch-bonereaper-sub-faction-rules-revealed.html

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2019, 11:58:34 AM »
I think that if they took the second "U" out to the Equumorti, it would read better lol. But you're right, it's not bad at all compared to what we've been having.
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2019, 04:35:09 PM »
The war scrolls for all the units are already in the aos app. Don't yet know points though. Katacros is pretty crazy as a support character,  wholly smokes. The catapult is also pretty deadly too.

The model line is also amazing,  definitely one of the best lines gw has produced.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline kim

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2019, 06:20:54 AM »
My first thought is "Undead fantasy Space Marines", those guys looks litterally as skeletons having done some mod into bone golems.
They also is quite original, appears able to be copyright protected, unlike Tomb Kings.
I'm also wondering if they takes the new range of paints well. If those is meant to be easy to pain for beginners, its great. Any thoughts of this?

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2019, 08:01:35 AM »
My first thought is "Undead fantasy Space Marines", those guys looks litterally as skeletons having done some mod into bone golems.
They also is quite original, appears able to be copyright protected, unlike Tomb Kings.
I'm also wondering if they takes the new range of paints well. If those is meant to be easy to pain for beginners, its great. Any thoughts of this?

The lore for them, is that they are manufactured bone bodies, with souls infused into them. They will be very easy to paint with contrast and dry brushes, due to all the details on them.

I don't see the space marine relationship though. The core troops for the bonereapers are human sized, looks like they are on 25mm bases.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2019, 11:44:34 AM »
The more I keep learning about the Ossiarch, the more I'm really beginning to like them. A lot.

But I'll keep on resisting.

#MahBois-Tyrion&Teclis
#Malerion-thatHalfDragonGuy
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!