News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Knuckles on Necrodermis - Ork Campaign Command Central  (Read 14060 times)

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
Re: Knuckles on Necrodermis - Ork Campaign Command Central
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2010, 03:22:20 AM »
Got my week 4 game in today.  I posted the battle report here...
http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=206806.0

I played my Tau using the "It's Them" game.  I know it was supposed to be against necrons but i don't have any necron players around me.  It seemed fitting to be a grudge match and considering how my opponent used Farsight... a perfect ork vs tau grudge match at that.

i scored us another win... depending if they go with the bonus or not cuz it wasn't against necrons so not sure how that will work.

Offline Hekkastor

• Ork Boy | KoN Veteran
  • It's 40k. Everyone dies.
« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2010, 05:57:48 PM »
I just finished a fun scrap with a friend of mine, me playing orks and him Necrons. We didn't use any of the special missions due to his lack of experience (he is still trying to figure out the basics, so yeah...) but I did manage a hard win. As a handicap, I let him play 500 points of anything in the necron codex, and he rolled with a whole lotta flayed ones and a lord, which made things harder to accomplish, especially since they managed to get the charge thanks to a really bad round of WAAGH rolling ( ones for every single squad). My Warboss and PK nobz did a fine job, my boys got scratched quite a bit, and a two of my Koptas got killed due to the Lords warscythe. Still I phased him out on turn 3.
Another win for the Green Machine

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2010, 08:32:35 PM »
ahem *in a Professor Farnsworth voice* "Good News everyone!"

Gutstikk made a slight error and the campaign continues!!!!  Play those last missions and if you can get in Batreps, as if everybody on the team posts one we get bonus points!  (blurg I gotta write one too!  Talk about down to the last minute!)  If you can put up your Orky leader in the Campaign Portraits, or write up some fiction behind your Waaagh's exploits on the campaign trail.  Both will earn you NP, WotW Teef, a link to your Orky exploits in the WotW Vault, and earn the team some extra points.

Although I do need to make an announcement:  You must (and I stress this MUST) have all your stuff posted in by Saturday Forum Time 7:00 (keep in mind that I am stating this in Forum Time Zone, which is likely not your time zone so be sure to check).  This is due to my need to report the final tallies to our esteemed Lord and Master Foamy err, Gutstikk (I swear that squirrel's brainwashing had no effect on me).  I am asking this as this Saturday (like many people) have major plans and am unlikely to get to a computer until Sunday or Monday night, and I don't want the final tally to be delayed.

That being said let me move onto congrats to Hekkastor cause if I'm reading this right you phased out a Necron on turn 3 with an opponent having 500 points over you.  That is FANTASTIC!  In fact that is Orky to the EXTREME!  I don't think I'd be able to do that, even against a newbie player.  So everybody be sure to give Hekkastor a hand for that!

Peace
~OD
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2010, 08:03:57 AM »
I will have my final batrep with pictures done no later than 8PM central time. Then I will immediatly finish my fiction shortly thereafter. I hope that is 7pm forum time. I looked around and couldn't find what time zone the forum is in. I never really paid attention to the time part before.

Hope it all squeezes in.

PS look what moc gave me... (now I don't have to type insert green smiley here)
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline moc065

• Infinity Circuit / Necrontyr Lord / KoN Warlord
  • Ancient
  • King of the Preemptive Strike
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2010, 06:09:18 PM »
Your welcome for the Green Smiley (I butchered it a little; but I thought that actually made it feel more Orky).

And Best of Luck in the campaign, my only regrets are that I never got a Necron vs Necron game, and that I couldn't pop over to face any of you in person, as I am sure there would have been some serious Arse Kicking going on, or some Circuit Stompin; but either way I enjoyed the campaign and I am sure that any game vs any of you guys would have been pure awesome.

Cheers
Join POC: Saim-Hann
or Read the Guide to Eldar
or read the Guide to Necrons

And Click here if you like Magic The Gathering

Offline OD from TV

• Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2010, 04:02:21 AM »
And Best of Luck in the campaign, my only regrets are that I never got a Necron vs Necron game, and that I couldn't pop over to face any of you in person, as I am sure there would have been some serious Arse Kicking going on, or some Circuit Stompin; but either way I enjoyed the campaign and I am sure that any game vs any of you guys would have been pure awesome.

For me meeting you in person would be amazing moc, and I can say the same for Skeetergod, angel of death 007, and Gutstikk.  Well there are quite a few others in that list as well, but hey I'm just being honest.

Although equally the same is that I think I'd be more than just a little intimidated playing against any of you.  You're all amazing people that I wouldn't mind loosing a game to.

I can't help but loot this by the way.

Peace
~OD
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2010, 09:53:36 AM »
Well then, as a place to meet and play: I suggest the 2011 Necrominicon in Orlando Florida
http://www.thenecro.com/defaultMAIN.htm

I have played there and even won a best sportsman award. It is a well planned event. Maybe we could meet and play after the days tourney time is over. After all who goes to a tourney to get sleep?

So how does next June sound? (or July depending on the organizers)
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)

Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2010, 02:39:52 PM »
Well then, as a place to meet and play: I suggest the 2011 Necrominicon in Orlando Florida
http://www.thenecro.com/defaultMAIN.htm

I have played there and even won a best sportsman award. It is a well planned event. Maybe we could meet and play after the days tourney time is over. After all who goes to a tourney to get sleep?

So how does next June sound? (or July depending on the organizers)

Heard it is going to be in July.  My opponent who I have played most of my campaign games against is one of the organizers for the event.  So you are in Florida too.  Well now I definately have to make it as I was talking to Janner about going and he said he organizes both the 40k and fantasy for the event.
I can post the exact date when they get it they are working thru a few issues with setting a date.

Now I got that darn "It's a small world" song in my head......   THANKS GUYS!

OD I agree it would be nice to meet up with some of the regulars on here who I have been interacting with for years now and never met.  Mostly due to my darn scheduling with work.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2010, 04:36:06 PM »
Week 4 game in, unfortunatly not the expected results. Read the Batrep...
The Stompa

I also finished my fiction piece and my hero is painted. I ran out of time to play this week so did not get a chance to play him in a game, but the people at the store really liked him, and one even offered to buy it.

It was a great campaign, hopefully we can go on to pick on the IG next, as I have a perfect victim er, um, I mean fellow gamer that has a lot of IG and a certain named commisar.

Offline Gutstikk

• Infinity Circuit | Title here to be dreaded 'til further notice. Rummy's Deepstriking Pylon
  • Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
« Reply #69 on: November 2, 2010, 06:45:02 PM »
I got all your results into the main campaign thread on the Ork side and they can now be double-checked. In the NP section by your name, make sure that each week you have the right credit for total wins, total batreps, and total special missions played. In some cases special missions were not counted due to not facing Necrons for "It's them!", or other similar disqualifiers, but for the most part, if you played it, you should have credit for it.

The info is broken up by week like so:
A)1,2,0,1 <--- That would be column A) for games won, with each number corresponding to total games for each week. This player would have played 1 match in round 1, 2 matches in round 2, no matches in round 3, and a match in round 4.

Column D is only credited where a player played the bonus mission for Round 2, Double-Cross. It is bonus notoriety for putting others on your own side in their proppa place! This is a one-time, flat-rate credit.

Columns E, F, and G are for the hero portrait, the ancient tablet, and the fiction submissions, and are each a flat-rate of 5 pts.

Waiting on the Necron side, gonna do my best with what I have...

Offline moc065

• Infinity Circuit / Necrontyr Lord / KoN Warlord
  • Ancient
  • King of the Preemptive Strike
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #70 on: November 2, 2010, 06:50:40 PM »
I will go check that all out, and I thank you once again for your efforts Gutstikk, it was a great Campaign.

Cheers

PS. I await the Necron results and may the best boy Machine Win !
Join POC: Saim-Hann
or Read the Guide to Eldar
or read the Guide to Necrons

And Click here if you like Magic The Gathering

Offline OD from TV

• Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #71 on: November 3, 2010, 12:14:23 AM »
This campaign has really been insane!  I don't remember there being quite as much work when I was faction coordinator in 08, but I have a feeling that's really because so much time as passed that I must not be remembering correctly.  Its been tremendous fun, and I think it really helped get a lot of people (both Necron and Ork) outside of their usual forums and into the greater 40konline community.  It's also been a great boon for the fledgling CoC that is the Ork WotW as well as the Necron CoC.

Hmm... let me rephrase this...
I await the results and may the best boy Machine ORK Win !

Peace
~OD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #72 on: November 3, 2010, 11:57:29 AM »
I definately remember 2008 campaign.  I must say this had some good variances from that.  I really liked the fact that the 08 campaign kinda incorperated everyone and hope we get to do something like that again it is hard when you live in a smaller gaming community to find opponents who field a certain type of army.  I will say though that they campaign was very well organised and a lot of fun to participate in.  I didn't get around to doing a portrait or background because I had my trip in the middle of the 3rd / 4th week plus was working on the painting article.  Too much to balance.  But both were definately a good add on to incorperate different aspects of the hobby.  Would have definately been a portrait of Mad Dok and Snikrot though as both of them were huge contributers in my games.