News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: cron 1500pt list need c&c  (Read 1007 times)

Offline 666_Mutley_666

• Mass debating - a filthy group habbit!
cron 1500pt list need c&c
« on: December 11, 2007, 12:03:46 PM »
hi
never done a cron army before and have been reading the fluff so i decded to do an army of them.

heres my list if you could tell me if theres anything that i should have or should change

HQ 350pts
lord, phalatacy, resorection orb, war sycthe
lord, phalatacy, resorection orb, war sycthe

troops 540pts
necron warrior x 15
necron warrior x 15

fast attack 160pts
scarb x 10, disruption fields

heavy support 460pts
monolith
monolith

the aim of this army is that there are 2 blocks a lord with a squad and a monolith. each block then walks forward maiming anything they see with the warriors getting 2 willbe back rolls. and then the scarabs run forward and tank hunt (40 attacks on the charge ;D)

any C&C welcome thanks in advance

vrykolakas
oink is a nancy!

Offline Gutstikk

• Infinity Circuit | Title here to be dreaded 'til further notice. Rummy's Deepstriking Pylon
  • Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
Re: cron 1500pt list need c&c
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 08:56:38 PM »
The scarabs will be much better fielded as two units. You will have some pretty obvious trouble vs combination assaults, especially if your units get outnumbered, so watch out for this. If you get sweeped you don't get back up, so be very sure you don't get swept.

You've got a very limited range of actions available to you each turn so use them well. This sort of army always seems too limited for me, though it is very durable.

Offline BearBitesHurt

• Insolent: Forum Blockhead
  • Careful: I might talk to you like you're an adult
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 06:41:34 AM »
My problem with this list is it's lack of ranged firepower.  If you come up against Tau or IG with this army, they're going to blast your Monoliths out of the sky and annihilate your Warrior squads before they are halfway across the board.  The tank-hunting Scarabs are effective, but against skimmers (I would particularly worry about Hammerheads and Fire Prisms) they won't be doing much since they'll be hitting on a six...

Here's my suggestion.  Drop one of the Monoliths and a scarab base and stick 5 Destroyers in there.  That way you can evaporate a squad of infantry or knock a tank out of commission pretty much every turn, and lessen the fire falling on your advancing phalanx.

Offline Tyranid_Wannabe

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Es ist ein schönes Schiff
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 07:45:59 AM »
I'd drop one of the lords and one of the monoliths (I feel you definantly need to drop at least one of them), using the points to get either some more firepower, probably in the form of immortals to shoot at infantry and kill any tanks close by if need be. I'd also split your scarabs squads into 3 units if you intend to use them as tanks hunters - they should do nothing else as the disruption fields no longer make them cheap fodder. Perhaps even getting a few more scarabs wouldn't hurt or even more warriors.

Destroyers are also good however as your using scarabs as tank hunters and if you split the scarabs swarm up you'll have no fast attack slots left.

3x5 immortal squads - 320

3x6 scarabs squads with disfields - 320

plus an extra warrior.

However you can sort around with the squads sizes as you deem fit

Just my suggestions :)
Heed my wisdom, ignore my ignorance

Offline 666_Mutley_666

• Mass debating - a filthy group habbit!
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 08:24:35 AM »
sorry for late reply

thanks for all the sggestions ill write up another list and post it soonish
oink is a nancy!