News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Variant Necrons  (Read 576 times)

Offline Credence

Variant Necrons
« on: August 13, 2006, 05:17:11 AM »
http://www.ironhands.com/minecron.htm
Any idea how to make these things? Most of his parts are toys and such, but how about making a whole army out of them?
-4500 pts Chaos Marines w/l/d 1/3/0 o.0
-1500 pts IG
-1500 pts Eldar
-3000 pts Wood Elves
-2000 pts Ogre Kingdoms
-2000 pts Chaos Warriors
yey (!)

Offline Foxfire

• Necron Lord of 40KO | KoN Veteran
  • Ancient
  • The picture is a werewolf
  • Armies: Necrons and Orks
Re: Variant Necrons
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 08:25:56 AM »
He tells you in detail how he does each one, doesn't he?  Man, it's been years since I found that site...didn't go back, but I remember checking it out during my spare time in Integrated Computer Applications class four years ago.  I've gotta say, I'd have been much happier if the Necrons had gone down the road this guys took them--more mechanical/terminator themed rather then egyptian.  More of a mechanical feel rather than undead, you know?  I really preferred the old bulky Necron models to the new slighter, more skeletal ones.

As to an entire army, I doubt that even the creator of the site does that; it looks like he still uses standard Immortals and Warriors, but likes to convert vehicles of his own design, though his lord is heavily converted too.  Ideas on how to make such things?  Have some inside information as to what sort of action figures are out there, or have a look around the internet or the store to find suitable figures to start from, and then begin visualizing what pieces you plan to remove and what you plan to replace them with. 

Offline LeVoidDragon

• Say hello to my little friend!
Re: Variant Necrons
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 10:53:21 PM »
those are the old necron units, not as fluid as the new ones, but just as frightening and Uber. but i still like the new ones better, no offence to foxfire, just personal opinion, because it sets us away from the bulky SM, the colorful Eldar, the Grizzly Ork...
On your idea of the army, i have to agree with foxfire, the author of the site doesn't even have a full army converted. But if you can do it, then do it.
(\\_/)
(O.0)
(> <)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination

The nice men in white coats have given me a nice room all to myself, it's very nice with its padded walls.  They even gave me a complimentary jacket.