News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The Air Caste  (Read 507 times)

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
The Air Caste
« on: December 10, 2005, 06:13:22 PM »
A question to you all - who amongst you field Tau flyers? Which ones and how often? Personally, I regularly field one to two Barracudas and in large battles will throw in an Orca for good measure. As the Manta is an abomination in the eyes of the Aun on a 40K board I have not considered that acquisition as of yet. All the same, I do have a hankering to pick up a Tigershark (original, not the Heavy Railgun version) as some Drone loving is always welcome.

Yourselves?
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline LoneDragon

• There is no spoon.
Re: The Air Caste
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2005, 07:44:06 PM »
I currently can't afford them.  I'd consider getting a Baracuda in the distant future IF I didn't have to pay $110 for the rules for it...

What is the point in having the Tigershark carry not quite 2 full squads of drones?  If it could actually hold 2 squads, it might be worth taking.

~Yub yub, Commander!
She better have an antidote for face-stabbin'! 'Cause oooh, her face is SO stabbed when we get back!

They're not kids. They're midgets! Filthy drug-peddling midgets!

Peter: Oh my god, Brian! Theres a message in my alpha-bits! It says:"oooooo"
Brian: Peter, those are cheerios.

When are the pancakes coming in the mail?

Just say NO to burst cannons on Crisis suits!

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
Re: The Air Caste
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2005, 08:24:52 PM »
It's not the number of Drones that matter as much as where you may put them. Being that the Flyer itself carries the Drones you may deploy them even when Deep Strike rules are not normally available.

While expensive monetarily as well as game cost I just like the way it looks.  :)
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.