News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Rules Of Tavern Games - READ 'EM!  (Read 3862 times)

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
Rules Of Tavern Games - READ 'EM!
« on: September 23, 2005, 06:25:39 PM »
Note That Posting In Tavern Games Does Not Increase Your Post Count. (If it did I would almost be a Hero member :o...)- The reason for this is that the majority of the posts made here are not constructive enough to warrant them increasing your 'status' on a forum.

The Golden Rule Of Tavern Games: NO Spam. The definition of Spam in Tavern Games: a completely useless post thast serves no purpose (often crosses over with Off Topic posts as well).*

*I will also make it clear that I personally despise, hate, loathe, wish harm to and all sorts of other nasty things to spammers, that's mainly because people don't seem to realsie that even the tavern has it's limits.

The Space Tavern is mainly a jokey place, however this doesn't mean it's soley jokey, there are and have been serious discussion here, however most of those are more suited to The Discussion Board.

1. All normal rules apply, no flaming, spamming etc. etc. just because this is a jokey Board doesn't make these things ok. You can find all of these are their definitions in the 40k Online Rules and Netiquette and Netiquette made easy - ALL new posters READ! threads.

2. No leet/l33t/1337/1ee7/etc. etc. speak. The occasional use is ok (but frowned upon by the vast majority of members) but if you're post is all leet then it will be deleted or edited. This is because it is pretty much another language and many people who frequent the boards have trouble with it.

3. Clubs are not allowed unless you get permission first, the reason for this is that most clubs just generate spam, and, contrary to popular opinion, even the Tavern has it's limits on what's called spam ;).

4. No more "[blank] the above poster" games without permission from the moderators. Kill the above poster and Praise the above poster are more than enough. If you want to add another game, PM one of the Board Moderators with a brief description of the game and it's rules.

If you have any questions about what is allowed in Tavern Games then please enquire here or ask me via PM.

This will be updated if/when neccassary. If/when I do update it I will post to alert people, it's up to you to check here if there's been a new post, remember you can't hide behind ignorance for long ;).

And finally:

[Legal mumbo jumbo]We at 40konline accept no responsiblity for any mental scarring and/or traumatising experiences caused as a direct result of any of the posts and their links, as such reading posts and clicking links it is entirely of your own free will and can not in any way be blamed on us[/Legal mumbo jumbo] ::).

~MTWC
« Last Edit: July 9, 2007, 08:05:55 PM by The Gingerbread Man »
Quote from: IainC
Because spamming the hotkey for a Deathknight's weapon in WoW is precisely the same as learning to use a sword in real life. That's why when Kendo grandmasters fight, they just stand there shouting keystroke combos at each other.

Offline Karl Eller

• OMG Laserguns!, Colonel-Commissar
  • Ancient
  • This is madness?! THIS IS LINUX!!!
Re: Rules Of Tavern Games - READ 'EM!
« Reply #1 on: July 9, 2007, 08:06:16 PM »
Added rule #4.

Eller
"Explain how bad this turbulence will be"
"Oh god! Oh god! We're going to die"
"*over the intercom* Uh, this is your captain speaking, we're going to experience a few minor bumps, then uh... crash!"

Offline Inquisitor Yoda

• Small, Green & Spammish: Now with Extra Alcololz
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Where's the damn festive cheer?
    • Original Writings
« Reply #2 on: September 4, 2007, 07:28:18 PM »
We have... rules?

*runs around screaming accusations of heresy before calming down and sobbing gently in a corner*

That's right folks, ectoplasm, the force which keeps the sun orbiting around me. Learn it well.

Offline Karl Eller

• OMG Laserguns!, Colonel-Commissar
  • Ancient
  • This is madness?! THIS IS LINUX!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 4, 2007, 07:55:50 PM »
Hmm, this is supposed to be locked...

Eller
"Explain how bad this turbulence will be"
"Oh god! Oh god! We're going to die"
"*over the intercom* Uh, this is your captain speaking, we're going to experience a few minor bumps, then uh... crash!"