News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The Praeco Skull  (Read 1664 times)

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
The Praeco Skull
« on: December 10, 2015, 03:31:00 AM »
You know that servo skull from the Militarum Tempestus kit?  I'm obsessed with it!  And it's killing me that it is purely decorative at the moment.  So after a bit of thought I came up with a name and possible use for it; The Praeco Skull!

Named after the Latin name for a herald or town crier (GW seem to like Latin names for imperial gear), the Praeco Skull is a special kind of servo skull that includes a vox caster, allowing it's user to speak through the skull from a distance, and speak significantly louder as well.  It's basically a drone with a built in loud speaker.

In game terms, a model with a Praeco Skull increases the range of any orders it can issue by six inches.  Also, if a model has the Aura Of Discipline rule, it increases that by six inches as well.  I was hoping to make it a piece of special issue wargear available to both officers and commissars.

What do you think?  What would you charge for something like this?

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
  • "Bees. My God" was an obscure Batman quote.
Re: The Praeco Skull
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 01:09:15 PM »
Sounds cool, I like it. :)

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
Re: The Praeco Skull
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 02:59:20 PM »
Thanks Sir_Godspeed.  :)

I think that around 20pts for it is fair, because a device that boosts the range of orders (or anything really) is universally useful and almost a must have.  So naturally, you got to pay a premium for it.

Also, would it better to simply call it a Praeco and say that it is usually mounted either on a vox skull or the shoulder (i.e, that thing Kell has)?