News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 40k Online Tale of 3 Gamers [picture heavy]  (Read 45972 times)

Offline Jonik

• Field Marshal
  • Ancient
Re: 40k Online Tale of 17 Gamers
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2008, 05:35:03 PM »
Another update!

Here's one test figure with the brown and silver added. Tis looking better (though the pic doesnt show it, its almost 11pm here so no decent light)

Tolaren 23rd Grenadiers - Jonik's Imperial Guard 'Tale'
Chariots of the Dead - Jonik's Tomb Kings 'Tale'

My BfSP Dwarfs in exchange for your BfSP Goblins! PM me! I'm still looking!

Offline Alexander's Son

• Mentor - Newbies feel free to ask for any help.
    • Alexander Son's web page
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2008, 08:58:48 AM »
 Jonik... You are progressing although the pics do you no justice my friend! Well done all... come on... only some days left!
Thanks to all the people showing faith in me

I sometimes feel that everyone will leave me and they will be on their own...

A suspicious mind is a healthy mind

Offline Jonik

• Field Marshal
  • Ancient
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2008, 08:29:31 AM »
OK, I've been playing with my phone camera settings, and with a Light box thingy that I've just made I now have pictures of the following quality :) YAY!

Offline nurgle5

« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2008, 03:05:34 PM »
Command squad? They're lookin' good.

Offline Alexander's Son

« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2008, 03:09:12 PM »
 I see blu tac under one's legs? But they look good... as for the basing?

Offline Jonik

• Field Marshal
  • Ancient
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2008, 05:11:55 PM »
You'll see ;) Though anyone who's seen my guard will know what my bases look like.

I'm not basing my commander this month. I'm having issues with what his 'special base' is going to be (since all my commanders have special bases) So that will be done when I've worked something out. :)

Offline Alexander's Son

« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2008, 09:13:07 AM »
 Even me with Wolves am not sure if I will make it... I have the Scouts to finish or the penalty to face...

Just a quick question to everyone... we are not 17 finally are we? Or just some are not updating?

Offline nurgle5

« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2008, 10:50:11 AM »
So far it has been more like tale of 2 gamers :'(. I Know people have been working on stuff but only me 'n' jonik have posted any pics. I wanna see some of Valar's bretonnians.

the GT is a month away. I've bought my ticket, but i have no army :-\. I wish people would stop outbidding me on ebay. Now what I really need is some money. I just hope i find 200 quid down the back of the sofa :D!

Offline Jonik

• Field Marshal
  • Ancient
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2008, 10:53:04 AM »
Hmmm... yeah I haven't noticed any of the updates with pics and chat or anything like that yet. Here's hoping it will appear at the end of the month.

It might be more manageable with only 6 gamers if that's the way its going anyway.  :-\

Offline Alexander's Son

« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2008, 10:59:19 AM »
 I have put pictures of the making... ok not the painting, but there are not many to do with Space Marines!

Offline Alexander's Son

« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2008, 11:18:41 AM »
 Yeah... I stuck to the impression of two posts per month for the updates and as many as we want for judgement, praise and comments... but then we changed that...

Offline Razyus

• I wish things got done
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Takes a long time to build a cathedral of hate
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2008, 12:46:47 PM »
Well I have 2 guys mostly done and proibably 4 by tonight. And a Chimaera I just finished converting. So, yeah. I'll take the hit and update at the end of the month.

Razyus
What sort of evil good for nothing bastard stares out a window, or ducks, or materialises during a bloody good game of cricket

Offline Jonik

• Field Marshal
  • Ancient
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2008, 03:42:33 PM »
I've posted my stuff with pictures.

on: 07-02-2008,

Any you've done nothing since the 7th? So the entire post is this month's entire post? No building, no chat about what you plan to paint it as, no WIP painting?

This isn't aimed solely at you, but half the fun of this is to do it from scratch, and SHOW it from scratch. For all we know you had them painted already.

And so far the following people haven't at least tried to post (feel free to link me to where you did if I missed you!):

Big Boss                    Space Marines
In_Jeopardy              WHFB Orcs and Goblins
Razyus                     WHFB or Imperial guard??? 
The Warden             Inquisition 

Now Razyus is in italics because
I'm just going to reserve this space right now.

As for starting I'd go with midnight. If there is a store open.

Razyus
doesn't count.

The others I can't find ANY posts, even saying what they've bought.

AND I've been very leniant with what people have or havent done. A good hangful (GOOD handful) of the people I removed from the list have done their purchases list, and then the ever present yet ever annoying

pics to come soon

Come on guys. if you have no access to cameras you really should have thought about that before joining. If you do have a camera then why are there no pics? We all have lives I know, but part of the responsibility for joining this was to post updates. And can you all honestly say that you have had no time what-so-ever to do this for nearly a month? Yes? Then why are you taking part?

Sorry if I'm coming across harsh, but this was meant to be something great, and its flopped. Majorly.

if this keeps going the way its going, it'll be the tale of 3 gamers. Which in my eyes can only be infinitely better than the tale of 14 neglected armies - with a picture update of the box you bought (if you're lucky).

Anyway. I'll have an update with my final talk on saturday. ALL of it in my first post. Where it is easy to find.

Thankyou to those who are actually taking part, I'm enjoying seeing your progress.

Jonik

Offline -V-

• Infinity Circuit | O:nk's my painting bitch | Ork Yoof
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Fear the Shuriken
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2008, 05:45:05 PM »
Hmm yes people have been updating on their first posts but it would be appreciated by every one that if you make an update by modifying a post, then please make a post telling us that you have done so and a link to it so we can all see much more easily and avoid any confusion.

@ every one : I am going to send PM's around soon to people who arent/havent posted anything although i shall wait until early next month before considering dropping people who havent updated yet, please guys start posting with updates and pics.  There are some who are taking this seriously and really want to work at making this a great thread so thanks to all of you who are doing so, please keep it up

@Moc065 The penalty is £5 or the equivilent in your currency, for this just go by the latest conversion rates on the net and then stick with that if you ever need to use it again another time.

So far it has been more like tale of 2 gamers :'(. I Know people have been working on stuff but only me 'n' jonik have posted any pics. I wanna see some of Valar's bretonnians.

Aw thanks, i hope i dont dissapoint when time comes to post pics.  Currently i am working on my next installment which will talk about my experiences and such so far, containing WIP's, finished pics and polans for next month without giving too much away.

Offline Jonik

• Field Marshal
  • Ancient
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2008, 03:10:11 AM »
Sorry for not posting too often; but I was under the impression that we would show 2 a month.... and the way I am going I think I am at 4 (and not finished as I do have 2 days still)... Next month you will get weekly updates with 2-3 pics each time to try and give a better impression of the true progress.

The way I saw it, correct me if I'm wrong, was no more than 2 posts (to keep things together) but update as much as you can...

As for the penalty, I guess thats about $10.00 Cdn, but I won't doc it yet as I still have those 2 days to do the Gems, and Flames and clean things up a little more.

well £5 out of a £25 budget is a fifth, so remove 20% from next month's budget :)

Offline Arkion

« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2008, 03:45:10 AM »
This month got crazy.  I took a vacation to Florida, got stranded in Wisconsin, and needed to paint ~500 points of Ultramarines for a tournament.

Thus I've been very productive, but the Predator Annihilator is unfinished.  I will make up for it in March. 

Offline -V-

• Infinity Circuit | O:nk's my painting bitch | Ork Yoof
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Fear the Shuriken
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2008, 04:26:26 AM »
ok lets scrap the post limit as it is confusing many people.  We should allow for weekly updates instead which will be about 4 progress posts each per month.  But remember that there isnt a limit for commentative posts etc

This should allow us all to see more progression through the months for every one else.

Offline IainC

• Mad prophet of the Whalepocalypse
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Not Safe For Work
    • Antipwn
  • Armies: Grey Knights
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2008, 04:31:17 AM »
I've posted my stuff with pictures.

on: 07-02-2008,

Any you've done nothing since the 7th? So the entire post is this month's entire post? No building, no chat about what you plan to paint it as, no WIP painting?

Well I posted what I'd done and waited for comments and responses from everyone else. I have to say I was very disappointed with the apparent interest in the thread. I was ready to talk about my stuff and go into more detail but no-one seemed to care about it.

I blitzed everything in about two nights photographing as I went but as it turned out all the WIP photos were rubbish. I had to retake all the pictures with different light and camera settings - by which time of course they were already painted.
World's first ever Dark Eldar player... Don't be hatin' now.

My wargaming and painting blog

My games industry blog

Offline nurgle5

« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2008, 06:35:56 AM »
Sorry, I just want to clarify this: we'll make weekly progress posts and keep all other posts to talking about our experiances<<<<Is this what we're going to do?

I've been scraping around my bitz box for some bitz to make my Duke/Vampire a bit more special. WhooHooo! I'm going into GW today to do some painting/gaming.

Offline Ion

• 10 shots, one kill.
    • Ion's 40k Blog
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2008, 02:14:30 PM »
Well, I am going to have to take the penalty in my next month's budget.  I know it seems unlikely, but I have literally had almost no time since early February.  I definitely didn't expect to get swamped like this.  I had school and work, as I've said.  For some reason they stepped up my hours at my job lately and it doesn't help that I was sick for a week.  Trust me, the last thing you wanna do when you have a hacking cough is try and hold a mini steady. 

Luckily, next month is my birthday, so I'm asking for a few days off from work.  Hopefully I won't get a bad cough again (with my luck I probably will  ::))and I should be able to make good progress.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 02:24:30 PM by Ion »