News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Your Eldar Army.  (Read 228207 times)

Offline scottdsp748

• My Coolminiornot.com Gallery
Re: Your Eldar Army.
« Reply #160 on: December 16, 2008, 12:35:46 AM »
Glad to see this thread still kicking with some great stuff!  I think its time for some updates to my army, as I have been rather negligent in taking pictures lately!   ;D  I've actually been semi-productive of late, got a Seer Council on foot, a squad of Banshees, and a Fire Prism done in the last month or so.  Here's some pics of a few from each squad since my camera hates to focus on more than a few targets.  Not quite sure what I'm going to work on next, I have one more Wave Serpent (going to be a command one, so I'm trying to think of something to set it apart), some Wraithguard, a couple extra Fire Dragons, a few more Warlocks, and another Fire Prism still in the unpainted pile.

Anyhow, here are the pics! 

Banshees:

Warlocks:

Fire Prism:

Offline Kadaeux

« Reply #161 on: December 17, 2008, 01:16:24 AM »
Being a new player i've only got my Wave Serpent 95% complete and photographed but i'm posting the pics anyway :p

Offline scottdsp748

« Reply #162 on: December 17, 2008, 08:34:29 AM »
Thx for your replies ! I'm pretty happy on how it turned out for my whole army ! But nothing stops your from showing some of the stuff you just painted then wait for all your army to get painted! I've decided to go with some purple because I just can't paint with red ! :S scottdsp748 I'd like to know how you painted the red on your Fire prism ! Your minis are amazing ! And for the others I want to see even more pictures here ! GO GO GO !

- Keiv

The red starts with a Mechrite Red basecoat over white primer, 2 thin coats.  Next is a thin coat of 50/50 Blood Red/Red Gore over the whole thing to complete the basecoat.  The highlighting starts with pure Blood Red over probably 90% of the model, just leaving the naturally shadowed areas.  Then following the same pattern, but covering much less area, 2 layers mixing in first 25% then 75-ish% Blazing Orange into the Blood Red, Followed by pure Blazing orange.  The final highlights are Firey Orange, then Golden Yellow, Sunburst Yellow, Sunburst+White, and a tiny highlight of pure White at the most intense points. 

After this is all done, a Blood red glaze goes over the whole thing, to make it, put a tiny bit of Blood Red on a palette and add a drop of Future floor wax (clear acrylic) and water it down alot.  You should be able to drag it over a spot of white paint and have the red show up faintly and the glaze should coat evenly.  If the color breaks up and doesnt coat evenly, it needs less water and more Future.  Coat all the Reds with a thin coat of this mixture.  It will dry with a semi-patchy gloss look to it, don't panic, thats the floor wax.  Hit it with some Testors Dullcote or other matte varnish and it will look normal.  The purpose of the glaze is to both make the colors more intense, and tie the blends together...it makes a huge difference.

Note that throughout this process, especially the darker red stages I thin my paints with a combination of a little water and Future to get smoother coats that are slightly transparent.  If you are in the US, Future is easy to find under that name, if you aren't, just Google it and there's several pages that list the international equivalents.

Offline Kildash

• Infinity Circuit
« Reply #163 on: December 24, 2008, 09:18:48 AM »
hey guys... All quite nice pics here... Anyway, here's a link to my army's current pictures. It's an army of Craftworld Idharae, which some may know from the recently launched series of battle reports (check them out, especially the fluff). The play style is saim-hann, and they look a lot like it, but it's darker, and less shiny-eldary-looking. If you read the fluff, you'll notice that these eldar live in stealthy circumstances (in the new marine codex, there's a short mention that this craftworld was destroyed, which I explain in the fluff I write myself, just check it out.), and therefore mine are not shiny...  ;)

http://s304.photobucket.com/albums/nn183/Kildash/Idharae%20army%20pictures/

In darkness, a blind man is the best guide. In an age of madness, you should let a madman guide you.

Armies:
Iron Wolves: W/D/L - 0/0/0
Eldar of Idharae: W/D/L - 23/7/6

Last game: Idharae+Eldar vs Tau+Imperial Guard
Result: Win
List of my battle reports: http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=177565.0

Offline Lazarus

• Infinity Circuit - The Voice of Reason
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Space Wolves & Imperial Guard
« Reply #164 on: January 6, 2009, 06:46:47 PM »
Here are some pictures of Prince Yriel's ride that proudly flies the Eldar version of the Jolly Roger. I'm trying to get my army ready for the tourney circuit and I should be adding another wave serpent up here as well as my "pirates" (storm guardians)

I didn't feel like spending the money on the forgeworld kit this time around so decided to mod the GW one to be similar to the FW set. I don't like the long energy field projectors that come on the GW kit.....

Lazarus.
"If someone used the ridiculous cover saves rule on me I'd probably punch him in the face. If he's still standing he would be entitled to punch me in the face, take my army, and my woman if he can. This is known as the Conan rule of play, and is not forbidden in the core rules and encourages serious amounts of sportsmanship." - Carniflex

Offline Lazarus

• Ancient
« Reply #165 on: January 11, 2009, 09:23:10 PM »
Here is the latest wave serpent. It's marked as the transport for my Striking Scorpions.

Also, this may not be an Eldar miniature but I thought I'd throw up something I've personally painted myself. This is my Terminator Librarian for my "counts as" Salamanders chapter. This is for you Tauir - "The Mourner" . :) I'm not a very good painter but I can do "table top quality".

"If someone used the ridiculous cover saves rule on me I'd probably punch him in the face. If he's still standing he would be entitled to punch me in the face, take my army, and my woman if he can. This is known as the Conan rule of play, and is not forbidden in the core rules and encourages serious amounts of sportsmanship." - Carniflex

Offline scottdsp748

« Reply #166 on: January 18, 2009, 12:15:03 AM »
Just wrapped up my third Wave Serpent, this one's my command transport for the Farseer and His Bodyguard, so I decided to fade it from the standard red of my army's tanks to black at the rear to match the warlocks.  Here's a few pics, though you'll probably have to right-click to see them full-size as they are pretty large.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 01:26:42 AM by scottdsp748 »

Offline scottdsp748

« Reply #167 on: January 18, 2009, 09:15:34 AM »
Thanks everyone for the comments! ;D

That is some real good painting there my friend. How did you manage to blend the red and the black so well without having brown in between?

I did the initial fade with an airbrush, through several steps of black+mechrite red, increasing the mechrite each time (mechrite turns more of a brick red with black added than brown like the more orangey reds like blood red).  Once up to pure mechrite I worked through my normal basecoat of 50/50 red gore and blood red, then pure blood red on the forward section.  That was it for the airbrush then I used my normal highlight process on the front part of the tank, and the same technique but altered colors as I moved toward the back.

Offline Lazarus

• Ancient
« Reply #168 on: January 20, 2009, 07:35:22 AM »
Posted by: Lorizael

Is Scott Bowser a personal friend Laz? Or does he do commissions for anyone?

He will do work for anybody and I've refered at least a dozen people to him in the past.

What sort of prices...?

His "standard" cost is 4X retail price. In other words - a $12.00 farseer would cost $48.00 to paint (total of $60.00 for purchase & paint). He'll often do unit type boxed sets for same price (ie - $120.00 for guardians for example)

He takes care of assembly / priming etc. He does decent conversions if asked and he offers better deals on "expensive models" in general. Obviously, no one wants to pay 4X retail on a forgeworld model for example. His freehnd is worth the price alone if you ask me....

Posted by: GoofyCommy

Am I the only one here that wonders if Scott Bowser = scottdsp748?

The are not the same person.

If either of you are interested in him doing commision work for you just PM me your info and I'l pass it along to him.

Lazarus.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #169 on: January 20, 2009, 09:01:13 AM »
Here are some of the pictures of the eldar I have with me. Besides this I have some more troupers (I think), a Wraithlord, six bikes (including three fully pewter bikes),A Great Harlequins and two venoms I can use as Vipers. Plus I have other things unpainted, that I need to get too. Such as some howling banshees, rangers, warlocks/farseer, wraithguard, Kandaris, an avatar, and I am pretty sure I have some striking scorpions around somewhere. maybe some fire dragons too...I don't remember.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 05:09:21 PM by Killersquid »
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Lazarus

• Ancient
« Reply #170 on: January 20, 2009, 04:19:05 PM »
Here are the pictures of my corsair boarding party (storm guardians).

Lazarus.

Offline Lazarus

• Ancient
« Reply #171 on: February 8, 2009, 07:16:11 PM »
Here are some pictures of my new Corsair Prince that will be used as my "counts as" Prince Yriel.

Lazarus.

Offline THE Dwarf

• The one and true Ginger Dwarf
  • Armies: Space Marines; Salamanders  &   Eldar;
« Reply #172 on: February 20, 2009, 08:09:22 AM »
Here some shots of my army
I will get more up when I can

Mad Rob
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 08:10:50 AM by mad_rob »
THE Dwarf

BATTLES; W/L/D  -  Updated 13/12/2012
Space Marines; Salamanders - 38/14/9
Craftworld Eldar; Saim-Hann - 2/3/4
TOURNAMENTS
40k Doubles, Feb '12; L-L-D-W-W  -> Rank; 84/114
Immortal Warzone, Apr '12; L-L-W  -> Rank; 46/60
INVASION, Aug '12; W-W-L

Offline GregBluhm

« Reply #173 on: February 20, 2009, 10:07:55 AM »
Just wanted to share some pics of my Cobra.  Eventhough I'm not fond of the little guy on the cupola (seems out of place), I still like the rest of it. 

Also, I'd like to note that all the open space between the two 'wings' (under the main gun) was filled solid with thick, thick flash.  I had to use a Dremmel to cut it all out. So anyone thinking of getting one should note that.

Offline Eskara

• Newest
« Reply #175 on: March 14, 2009, 05:23:40 PM »
Im pretty new here and only decided to register today but heres my army so far: (Bear in mind im not the best painter and not everything is painted yet but meh) :) Any comments would be great.

Also sorry for the bad light conditions but its the best i have at the moment.

1x Avatar
1x Farseer + 2 Warlocks
1x Autarch on Jetbike

4x 10 Guardians
1x 10 Dire Avengers
1x 5 Dire Avengers
1x 6 Rangers
9x Jetbikes (With the Autarch)
1x Waveserpent

1x 5 Striking Scorpions
1x 6 Harlequins

1x 6 Swooping Hawks
4x Vyper jetbikes

1x Falcon
1x Fire Prism
1x Wraithlord
1x Warwalker

Got a scopion Heavy Tank on order aswell.  ;D
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 05:29:50 PM by Eskara »

Offline Tauir - "The Shadow"

• Infinity Circuit
  • I'm back
« Reply #176 on: March 14, 2009, 11:48:38 PM »
He's just being modest, that army looks really nice.

Keep up the posting and welcome to 40kO.
Whoa there.

Offline Eskara

• Newest
« Reply #177 on: March 15, 2009, 12:04:21 AM »
He's just being modest, that army looks really nice.

Keep up the posting and welcome to 40kO.

crap man, dont cut your self short! that army looks fantastic!

Thanks! :D
Gonna try get a full army pic up soon :)

Offline eldarftw

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #178 on: March 15, 2009, 03:34:06 PM »
cool heres mine
http://.photobucket.com/albums/c308/FoxsDen/DSCF017322.jpg
:(

Offline Tauir - "The Shadow"

• Infinity Circuit
  • I'm back
« Reply #179 on: March 15, 2009, 04:14:23 PM »
I'm sorry to say, that link doesn't work.

Oh yes, Welcome to 40KO, I see your very active around the boards recently.
Whoa there.