News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 'Nids 1,500  (Read 1626 times)

Offline Iwasfrozen

• Warrior
'Nids 1,500
« on: December 3, 2010, 01:07:00 PM »
Hey guys, could you give me some tips on my new nid list? I'll be mostly going up against Eldar but also SM and Orks.

HQ:
Tyrant w/Regeneration 190
Total 190

Troops:
5x Warriors w/Venom Cannon 165
10x Genestealers w/[Broodlord w/Scything Claws] 202
20x Termagaunts 100
30x Hormagaunts 10x w/Adrenal Glands 200
4x Raveners 4x w/Rending Claws 140
Total 807

Fast Attack:
20 Gargoyles 120
Total 120

Heavy Support:
Carnifex w/Bio Plasma 180
Trygon 200
Total 380

Sum total: 1487.
« Last Edit: December 3, 2010, 01:08:40 PM by Iwasfrozen »

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signanture

Offline WisdomLS

• Ork Yoof
  • BLOOD FOR THE ..... emperor?
  • Armies: SM (BA, BT, DA), Orks, Daemons, CSM, GK, IG
Re: 'Nids 1,500
« Reply #1 on: December 3, 2010, 01:17:37 PM »
I'm not an expert but I think you need a bit more synapse and some range anti tank.

For the synapse I think the Trygon is much better as a prime, such a good upgrade as this also makes him ok at popping tanks if he can get to their rear.

By far the best anti-tank option available to the nids are hive guard, 3 of these bad boyz aren't that expensive and will reliably pop a transport a turn no matter where it hides leaving you foot loggers to eat the contents that will spill out.

I can't remember the name but the tyrant upgrade that give things near favoured enemy would also be good.

Any and all of the above will be costing points so I think the weaker parts of your list are the raveners and the fex then the gargoyles and the stealers so I'd drop a combination of these.

Offline Master Bio-Titan BT

• Armies: Chaos Marines and Tyranids
« Reply #2 on: December 3, 2010, 02:41:34 PM »
It's not a bad list.  I don't rewrite peoples army lists, I just suggest how to improve each unit and use them to their best potential.

They Hive Tyrant could benefit from Hive Commander, or, your units could benefit rather.  Tyrant Guard, as I have recently discovered, are crucial to the HT's survivial!

A VC on the Warrior is essentially useless, St6 blast w/ an additional -1 glance result is hardly effective on light transports.  I can't remember if you can take a Stranglethorn, but if not, then the Barbed Strangler is pretty good.

Genestealers are good!

30 Hormagaunts can be a bit excessive, 22-24 is a good number.  Take Toxin Sacs instead of Adrenal Glands, or both, but T/Sacs should be first choice hands down.

Raveners, GW screwd them up, expensive for their worth, I would drop them and put the points elsewhere.  Oh, they are Fast attack, not Troops.

Gargoyles, are awesome.  20 models are very unweildy to play with on the table.  I suggest single squads to be about 14 models.  Also, Gargs are so cheap and adding T.Sacs and/or AG is so cheap that is well worth the investment.  Decrease the numbers for T/Sacs at least.

Carnifex:  With BioPlasma this unit is screaming for a Mycetic Spore!

Trygon, are always great and even better with A.Gands.  You do need some more Synapse and this would be the unit to upgrade and make him Synapse for being a Trygon Prime, 18" Synapse range!!

2008 CSM Poster of the Year

My CSM Conversions & Tutorials (Updated 12-22-12) 

My Tyranid Conversions & Tutorials  (Updated 12-23-12)

Offline siggi28

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3 on: December 3, 2010, 06:34:50 PM »
I don't agree with them to upgrade Trygon to Trygon Prime I mean spending 40 pts !! 20% of an another trygon and for what synapse and some other crap. He has Ld 8 so he has 72,2% chance to get his Leadership test and even if he fails that will not definitely be horrible. and paying 40 pts for something that will only happen in 18,8 % of your turns is just not worth it. The only time prime is worth it if you are facing a lot of psychic enemy or you essential need more synapse for "little" pts. Makes much more sense to get warrior prime!

lower the Hormagaunt unit, lower the genestealer unit    -and get Hive guards and maybe poison on the gargoyles
Drop the regenerate for the Hive tyrant

also I agree with some things that Master Titan BT said except for the gargoyles I use 20 of them fully upgraded and they have been doing really good. and if you want to have ravener add 1 more or else just throw them out.

Offline Iwasfrozen

• Warrior
« Reply #4 on: December 4, 2010, 03:54:13 PM »
Thanks for the help guys, I've made a few changes based on your recommendations.

Also could you help me figure out whether the Zoanthropes or Warriors would be better? Zoanthropes give me some extra anti armour but Warriors are scoring. I couldn't choose between them so I put them both down.
HQ:
Hive Tyrant w/Hive Commander 195
2x Tyrant Guard 120
Total 315

Elites:
3x Zoanthropes or 5x Warriors w/Barbed Strangler 180
Total 180

Troops:
11x Genestealers w/[Broodlord w/Scything Claws] 202
24x Hormagaunts w/8x Toxic Sacs 160
2x Ripper Swarms
Total 382

Fast Attack:
14x Gargoyles w/8x Toxic Sacs 92
Total 92

Heavy Support:
Carnifex w/Bio Plasma 180
Trygon Prime w/Adrenal Glands 250
Total 430

Transport:
Mycetic Spore [Genestealers] w/Stinger Salvo 50
Mycetic Spore [Carnifex] w/ Stinger Salvo 50
Total 100

Sum total: 1499
« Last Edit: December 4, 2010, 03:57:48 PM by Iwasfrozen »

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signanture

Offline WisdomLS

• Ork Yoof
« Reply #5 on: December 4, 2010, 07:47:40 PM »
Better looking list, one thing I'd change is move the stealers to flanking as they can then assault when they arrive and stick the zoany's in the pod. They are only short range so dropping down is a good choice.
As this would give you 3-4 reserved units (depending on the trygon) it would be worth giving the tyrant the power that adds to reserve rolls, drop the rippers to free up the points as they can't score.

Maybe split the hormagaunts into 2 squads of 12 to give you more troop units but I'm not sure of the optimum numbers for these.

« Reply #6 on: December 4, 2010, 11:34:13 PM »
Better looking list, one thing I'd change is move the stealers to flanking as they can then assault when they arrive and stick the zoany's in the pod. They are only short range so dropping down is a good choice.
As this would give you 3-4 reserved units (depending on the trygon) it would be worth giving the tyrant the power that adds to reserve rolls, drop the rippers to free up the points as they can't score.

Maybe split the hormagaunts into 2 squads of 12 to give you more troop units but I'm not sure of the optimum numbers for these.

Are you kidding me!?  Do you even play Nids, much less have the codex?  His list is completely wrong and illegal!

@ IWasFrozen:

Go with Zoanthroapes, you need the synapse but most of all the ranged anti-armor.

Your units that you have upgrades to are all illegal!  You cannot choose how many you want to give Toxin Sacs to as you have to purchase the upgrade biomorph for the entire unit.  Re-check your codex and you will see, its all or nothing!

Ripper Swarms must be at least 3 swarm bases to form a unit, 2 is not enough.

You will need to comprise a legal army list.

Offline WisdomLS

• Ork Yoof
« Reply #7 on: December 5, 2010, 05:45:04 AM »
Sorry my bad I didn't see that he'd only brought upgrades for some of them  :-[

Offline Iwasfrozen

• Warrior
« Reply #8 on: December 5, 2010, 01:46:15 PM »
oops, I guess I didn't read my codex correctly. I'll re-do the list and post it up here later.  :-[

Offline lost_companion

• I *LOVE* EO and 40K.ca
« Reply #9 on: December 5, 2010, 07:29:00 PM »
If you are playing a lot of Eldar, I would suggest Hive Guard as your AT, rather then Zoanathropes. One Runes of Warding? And all your tests for getting the shot of will will end up causing your zoans a wound, or you pass, then you need to roll to hit, which can miss, then you just wasted points on something that doesn't work well against Eldar.  Hive Guard on the other hand require no test to be able to shoot, and don't even need LOS to shoot, PLUS they are T6 (can't be vapourized, like Zoans if you fail a 3+ invul) and have a longer range with Str 8 guns.  Sure you won't be cracking any LR with them, though I suppose you can get some lucky 6s.  But they do very well against most Vehicles.  Give it a try out, plus Hive Guard being 5 points cheaper each, will help you free up some points for the rest of the list.  At the same time, you will be loosing the Synapse that Zoans provide. Since I don't play a list that required Synapse, this is not an Issue for me, but it might cause some problems with your list.  So my suggestion is try the two options out (proxy if you have to,and opponent allows it).   

« Reply #10 on: December 5, 2010, 10:35:01 PM »
plus Hive Guard being 5 points cheaper each

:oUmm, no.  It appears that you too need to reread the codex.  It will please you to do so.  8)