News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Nid's in Combat Patrol  (Read 513 times)

Offline Windowlicker

Nid's in Combat Patrol
« on: October 23, 2007, 09:01:50 AM »
OK im just doing a list el quick as my friends coming over.
How are nid's supposed to play Combat Patrol?
No more than 1 wound means we have 0 synapses.
Do we just modify this rule?

Offline overmind2000

Re: Nid's in Combat Patrol
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 09:50:51 AM »
You've read that wrong, you get up to 2 wounds.
Personally when I play combat patrol I have used 3 shooty warriors with a vennom cannon and devourers, supported by two groups of genesteales with extended carapace. However I will say that tyranid find combat patrol harder to play well than other armies, mainly due to the lack of high powered fire power we can lay down at the low points level and unit constrictions in combat patrol.

Offline Benandorf

• Waaargh! Orkz Ruinz me Life!
  • Why so heretical?
    • Texas ...TeamPlayers...
Re: Nid's in Combat Patrol
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 12:45:32 PM »
CP is brutally hard for tyranids.  You have pretty much two choices: Genestealer heavy, or warriors and little things.  Genestealer Heavy doesn't have enough models to make it to the enemy EVER, and warriors+little things just doesn't have much of a punch, and will be shot up again.

My suggestion is to do 500 points (which we're still bad at, but not as awful) if you need a quick game.
Quote from: Yuenglingdragon
When life gives you anything, charge it with Genestealers.
Alarm clock? Genestealers.
Your boss? Genestealers.
The rednecks that cut in front of me at Wal-mart like I didn't have anything better to do than stand in line? Genestealers.

Quote from: unknown
Asking for advice on using VC to beat O&G is like saying "I'm 6'3", work out, and consider myself pretty tough.  Can anyone give me advice on how to beat up the handicapped kid down the street?"