News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: ripper swarms  (Read 515 times)

Offline abraxus0426

ripper swarms
« on: October 21, 2007, 10:05:05 PM »
Possible newb question here but what are the rules concerning how many rippers per base?  I know with necron scarabs it is minimum 3 per base to count as a scarab swarm but what about rippers?  I was unable to locate any details in the most recent codex but looking at the pics in the codex it seems to be 4-5 is the average. I wasn't sure if it was legal to get away with only 3 per base?

Offline Heretek

• General Freyberg | Out, damn'd Grot! | Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
Re: ripper swarms
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 10:26:44 PM »
Well, in theory you should put as many Rippers on the base as the swarm has wounds.

But, really, you can put however many you want.

I used these from Foregeworld.

Offline abraxus0426

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 12:34:50 AM »
yeah those look really good. So far the basis of my tyranid army comes from 2 battleforce boxes and given i didn't add rippers to any of the other model's bases i figured i would use them for ripper swarms.  Just trying to get the most bang for my buck, so to speak.  I tend to agree that the models per base should at least equal the number of wounds so putting 3 per base would work nicely as i would have nearly 4 regular ripper swarms and 1 with spinefists working off the contents of each box.

Thanks for the help!  :)

Offline Hive Node

• What would happen if a gargoyle had air sickness?
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 01:53:49 AM »
I'd say 3 would be a good amount to pertain aswell. That is if you are low on Rippers. I am not, so I put 5 to a base.
If you are reading this, you must be having fun. Right?