News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2+ army useful?  (Read 446 times)

Offline mrspungebob

• Lazerous Penguin
2+ army useful?
« on: April 18, 2007, 10:05:29 AM »
As a variant of the 'zilla lists, how about only (except troop choices) include creatures with 2+ save? Being fexes, tyrants and zoanthropes. Make them all shooty as there is no way all those fexes are going to walk all over the board, and you only have one flyrant.

Would be fun to use this against marine. "You call power armor an armorsave? THIS is an armorsave!" ;D I guess it is overly cheesy though, since no one but dark eldar usually field that amount of AP 2 weaponry.
"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

"You know, the most amazing thing happened to me tonight. I was coming here, on the way to the lecture, and i came through the parking lot. And you wont believe what happened! I saw a car with the license plate ARW 357! Can you imagine? Of all the license plates in the state, what was the chance that i would see that particular one tonight? Amazing!" - Quote from Richard Feynman (physicist)

Offline Benandorf

• Waaargh! Orkz Ruinz me Life!
  • Why so heretical?
    • Texas ...TeamPlayers...
Re: 2+ army useful?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 10:18:31 AM »
I suppose, at 2000 points, if you have a bunch of points to spare, you could put it on everyone but the walking tyrant (who has guard, and you don't want to be picked out with the weight of fire).  With 7 MCs with a 2+ armor save (and one with about 8 wounds), you wouldn't die fast.  But I wouldn't do it before 2000 points, simply because you start scrambling to fill the points until then.
Quote from: Yuenglingdragon
When life gives you anything, charge it with Genestealers.
Alarm clock? Genestealers.
Your boss? Genestealers.
The rednecks that cut in front of me at Wal-mart like I didn't have anything better to do than stand in line? Genestealers.

Quote from: unknown
Asking for advice on using VC to beat O&G is like saying "I'm 6'3", work out, and consider myself pretty tough.  Can anyone give me advice on how to beat up the handicapped kid down the street?"

Offline Lonewolf

• Cthulhu cultist, The Final Solution | Swarmlord | Staff Soap Spotter
  • Ancient
  • Murdering armies since 2003 - retired since 2012
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 10:58:14 AM »
Yes a typical MC list can do it, and it would certainly scew necrons over. Although i dont know how it would fare against other armies.

No problem, I'll give you a 100% increase in pay effective immediately and retroactive to 1999.

Offline Chuckles, The Space Marine Clown

• Can't Touch This; Captain; Swarmlord - Tyranid Sweatshop Operator; 40KO's Official WMD; "No American orphans, please"
  • Ancient
  • I kill, maim and torture because I care
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 10:59:06 AM »
And what exactly would you take as troops, out of interest?
The forum rules are fair and just. *twitch*

Offline mrspungebob

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007, 11:02:39 AM »
Well, we can't have any troops with considerable saves, so i guess just normal gaunts. Or maybe rippers, since most instant-kill weapons will be pointing towards the MC's.
"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

"You know, the most amazing thing happened to me tonight. I was coming here, on the way to the lecture, and i came through the parking lot. And you wont believe what happened! I saw a car with the license plate ARW 357! Can you imagine? Of all the license plates in the state, what was the chance that i would see that particular one tonight? Amazing!" - Quote from Richard Feynman (physicist)

Offline Benandorf

• Waaargh! Orkz Ruinz me Life!
  • Why so heretical?
    • Texas ...TeamPlayers...
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 11:12:55 AM »
At 2000 points, a couple/few broods of Genestealers (probably with EC), would fill up the rest of the points, and give you some more CC punch.
Quote from: Yuenglingdragon
When life gives you anything, charge it with Genestealers.
Alarm clock? Genestealers.
Your boss? Genestealers.
The rednecks that cut in front of me at Wal-mart like I didn't have anything better to do than stand in line? Genestealers.

Quote from: unknown
Asking for advice on using VC to beat O&G is like saying "I'm 6'3", work out, and consider myself pretty tough.  Can anyone give me advice on how to beat up the handicapped kid down the street?"