News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1750 Biel Tan  (Read 238 times)

Offline DarkExarch

• "Fear the Exarch in all it's glory."
1750 Biel Tan
« on: September 18, 2005, 12:43:25 AM »
HQ
Farseer (Fortune)

ELITE

5 Wraithguard + Warlock

TROOPS

5 Warp Spiders + Exarch (Withdraw)

6 Striking Scorpians + Exarch (Scorpians Claw + Stealth)

6 Howling Banshees + Exarch (Executioner)
Wave Serpant(Bright Lance + Crystal Targeting Matrix)

5 Fire Dragons + Exarch (Fire Pike)

4 Dark Reapers + Exarch (Crack Shot)

FAST ATTACK

6 Swooping Hawks + Exarch (Web of Skulls + Sustained Assault)

HEAVY

Wraithlord (Missle Launcher)

Falcon (Shuriken Cannon + Bright Lance + Crystal Targeting Matrix + Holofield)

TOTAL:   1750
"The Darkness of the Future is the only thing you can look foward to young one...   "

Offline finoro

• They couldn't hit a bull squiggoth at this range!
Re: 1750 Biel Tan
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2005, 03:18:20 AM »
Where to start?

Start at the beginning, go on till the end then stop.

Ok! In the beginning there was a farseer with no weapons and no transport...

Enough of this nonsense!

Lose the wraithguard. They are overpriced and slow.
Give the Farseer some weapons(singing spear or witchblade/shuripistol)He rides with the Banshees
Get another Farseer with fortune a jetbike and singing spear. He turbo boosts to be with the Scorpions
Fill the Waveserpent.
Max the Scorpions.
Pick either the Warpspiders or Swooping hawks and Max them. Lose the other. Consensus of opinion here is that Spiders are better.
Don't put a bright lance on the Falcon.(If you have to choose between firing the pulse or the lance the pulse is almost always better. For when its not you have Firedragons with Fusion guns and meltabombs)
Lose the CTM on your vehicles but give them Spiritstones. (who cares if the enemy shoots your Falcon, It is unlikely to die. After your Waveserpent has delivered your Banshees it has done its job and isn't likely to be seen as a target anymore)
I don't like EMLs(Don't ask me why, its a fine weapon, I just don't)

I haven't priced any of this so it may not be possible and it reduces your number of units on the table a lot so you may not like it. But if you need more units you have 3 elites slots you could fill with min sized Defender weapon platform squads.These are unlikely to be perceived as a threat as most enemies are going to be more worried by the big squads of close combat superheroes about to knock his troops into the middle of next week.   
« Last Edit: September 18, 2005, 03:20:00 AM by finoro »
The farseers of the Eldar are rich in lore and know all the ways of skinning cats. Do not ask which way is best lest the knowledge burn your soul.

Offline Roy

• Infinity Circuit - Harbinger of the Dark Millenium
  • Ancient
Re: 1750 Biel Tan
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 05:19:39 AM »
Please let us know how you plan to use your army, and also what kind of opponents you usually face, or wether it's a tournament list designed to take on any opponent.

finoro pretty much summed up the changes I would make to this list. He gave very good advice, and you would do well to follow it.