News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: opinions? eldar 1500 pts biel-tan army  (Read 225 times)

Offline markus_aurelius

opinions? eldar 1500 pts biel-tan army
« on: July 16, 2005, 04:30:01 PM »
Ive been working on this army for a while, i think i got most of what i want, the purpose of the army can be fulfilled a number of ways, but i'll admit its simple: two points, one is focused on shooting and maintaining an anchor, the other is focused on assaulting and harrasing.  hopefully, this army present a number of threatening targets, requiring the enemy to divide his fire, and hopefully bive him trouble.  It's biel-tan.

Anchor:

6x rangers 114pts

4x dark reapers 148pts

1x wraithlord w/ brightlance 120

8x scorpians 128
--exarch w/claw 43---->  171

Anchor total 553 (about 35%)

Spike:

Farseer w/ jetbike & spear
  +spirit stones
  +fortune
  +guide
  +mindwar    ---> 193 pts

1x falcon w/ stones & holofield  180
      5x banshees 80
      exarch with executioner 37---->297

1x falcon w/stones & holofield   180
      5x storm gaurdians + two flamers  46
       warlock w/ witchblade and destructor  42---->268

5x swooping hawks   105
    exarch with web of skulls and sustained assault 73---->178

Spike total 936  (about 65%)

Army total 1489

my questions are thus:
=with two falcons, a wraithlord, and the singing spear farseer, do I have balanced anti-tank capabilities?
=is the destructor for the warlock worth taking (concidering i already have 2 flamers out of 5 men?)  or would it be better to drop that and give the stormies haywire grenades?
=any opinions on my army?
This is to everyone:
Today is a good day to make the other guy die for his cause.

Offline Frost

• Flyentology
Re: opinions? eldar 1500 pts biel-tan army
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2005, 04:48:33 PM »
hmm, well i use destrctor in my list.

What weapons are on the falcons?

Offline markus_aurelius

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2005, 05:15:10 PM »
the regulars, scat laser and pulse and shuricats.
This is to everyone:

Offline moc065

• Infinity Circuit / Necrontyr Lord / KoN Warlord
  • Ancient
  • King of the Preemptive Strike
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2005, 06:34:17 PM »
I never use the Destructors, the Falcons upgrade of ShuriCannons is excellent. And Haywire Grenades for Scorpions is never a bad thing. Your army should do well enough with practise although your Scorpions would be better off in a Brightlance Wave Serpent than trying to use Stealth.

Cheers and Happy gaming.
Join POC: Saim-Hann
or Read the Guide to Eldar
or read the Guide to Necrons

And Click here if you like Magic The Gathering

Offline markus_aurelius

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2005, 06:43:05 PM »
so you would reccommend the shuricat upgrade? what about for ten points less, changeing the scat laser to a starcannon?
Itd be great to have a waveserpent, but then my scorpians would be going all over, and I want them back home to make a hard surface for my anchor, if you get what im saying.
This is to everyone:

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2005, 07:48:24 PM »
Starcannons are also great for a Falcon; but the ScatterLaser can be better for Crowd Control, the choice is up to you and really depends on if you think that you will be fighting against SMurfs or Hordes of lesser enemies.

As for the Wave Serpent, you don't have to deploy the Scorps in the Wave Serpent, they can start dis-embarked if you like. The Serpent would just give you some more options, and having a Twin-Linked option for a EML/BL/etc is never a bad thing.

PS,. I like the fact that you actually have list that doesn't revolve around the Biel-Tan crutch of Scorpions, Banshees; but actually has some variety with its Rangers, Hawks, and Reapers. Good luck and let us know how you make out, and what you decide in the end.

Cheers and Happy gaming.

Offline tx ranger

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2005, 08:13:32 PM »
Keep the destructor on the warlock, the extra wounds he can inflict will do more to reduce return fire from the unit they just flamed than the grenades will do, If you want grenades, you could swap them out for the warlock's witchblade. Although personally I would keep the witchblade and get the points from somewhere else.

I recommend the star/shuriken combo for the falcon, those extra S6 shots are well worth the cost.
The Path of the Outcast is never empty.
3rd edition                                        4th edition                                          5th edition
Alaitoc w/l/d 61-5-8                           Alaitoc w/l/d 24-3-4                             Alaitoc w/l/d 12-1-7

Offline markus_aurelius

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2005, 11:04:58 AM »
Okay hey, i was messin around, and my swooping hawks havent been performing like id hoped, it might just be my dice rolls, but they got annihilated by 10 regular guardians... is their any opinion for perhaps taking out the swooping hawks and putting in warp spiders?  I just wouldn't use them to assault anymore.

Originally the hawks had three purposes, with their 24 inch shooting, they could harrass the enemy while i awaited the opportunity to unload my banshees and stormies (harrassing with the farseer).  then they could get into effective assaults with strategic units, like heavies, or power armor(for the exarch).  finally, if i needed a place to unload, they would make a wall of assaults that i could drop my banshees next too, hopefully blocking most line of sight from the rest of the army. 

if i switch to warpspiders, they probably will not do the wall assault task, they will probably be better at harrassing the enemy, and they couldn't at all get into effective assaults with anything.

as an aside, i have a low 1500 pts because i want room too customize up to the 1700 or 1850 pts spot.  i was planning to take the warpspiders within this alottment anyway.
This is to everyone:

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2005, 03:32:04 PM »
I can't beleive that Guardsmen took out Hawks, Bad roles I would say,.. Or something is fishy here. Hawks do get a better save than Guardsmen, the Hawks will always fight first (Plasma Grenades) and the Hawks should have had more attacks with the assault and the Exarch (WoS & S-A). Warp Spidders are also god; but they have a much shorter range (although it is a better strength weapon).

Cheers and Happy gaming.