News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1700 ulthwe, need sugestions  (Read 224 times)

Offline Eldar pimp

1700 ulthwe, need sugestions
« on: July 10, 2005, 03:26:42 PM »
I am planning to join my first tournamnet in a while with the following list and would like to have some comments and suggestions on how I might improve it.
Im thinking that maybe I should drop the warp spiders for something else that is more shooty, but on the other hand they might be really good for tieing up and the withdrawing from incoming assaulters, leaving the vulnerable to the rest of the army. (outside of torunaments I was thinking of getting a solitaire instead of them and putting it in one of the falcons for some really deady assaulting )

HQ - 182 Points (I have all the models)

Seer Council - 182 Points
Farseer - CCW, SP, Guide, Row
Farseer - CCW, SP, Guide, Row
Warlock - SP, Augment
Warlock - SP, Augment
Warlock - SP, Augment

Troops - 318 Points

Black Guardian Squad - 106 points (I have all the models)
7 Black Defender Guardians, HW Platform w. Starcanon

Black Guardian Squad - 106 points  (I need to get the Bright lance platform)
7 Black Defender Guardians, HW Platform w. Bright Lance

Guardian Squad - 106 points (I need to get antoher Starcanon platform)
7 Defender Guardians, HW Platform w. Starcanon

Elites - 466 Points

Striking Scorpion Squad - 218 Points (I need two more scorpions for this)
9 Striking scorpions, incl exarch w. infiltrate and Scorpions claw, haywire grenades.

Warp Spider Squad - 247 Points (I have all the models)
10 Warp spider, incl exarch w. withdraw

Fast attack - 195 points

2 X Vyper Squadrons - 130 Points (I have one of these)
Vyper w. Starcanon

Vyper Squadron - 65 Points (I dont have the model)
Vyper w. Bright Lance

Heavy Support - 540 Points

2 x Falcon grav tank - 420 Points (I have the models)
Starcanon, Shuriken Canon upgrade, Holofield, Spirit Stones

Wraithlord - 120 Points (I have the model)
Bright lance, 2x Flamers.

Total number of models: 57

Any suggestions?!

Tactica: This is a very shooty army with some fast moving elements that can hunt down enemies. It contains 3 bright lances (out of which 2 are bs 4), 6 Starcanons (out of which one is BS 4), 2 Pulse lasers, and 2 Shuriken canons. That amounts to a total of 13 heavy weapons. Out of which 3 are BS 4, and 6 are twinlinked (guide).

Seer Council rides in one of the falcons and guides both of them (or any other particular unit that needs it), or jumps out and does some brain frying. Scorpions are there to infiltrate, tie up any annoying units and so, or ambush and haywire incomming tanks. The warp spiders should be good for taking care of fast incoming assaulters, light transports, incoming infantry etc. and they can keep up with the falcons and the other units if need be. The falcons, the vypers and the guardians are just there to shoot, shoot whatever needs to be shot. The wraithlord, I think, will be good for handling counter-assaulting and shooting down tanks.

Otherwise, I had an alternative idea for this army that would mean I would get two support weapon platforms w. shadow weavers instead of the wraithlord. I would drop the seer council for an avatar that would take over the wraithlords role as a counter-assaulters, and get another 7 man squad w. a hw platform and change it so that both the black guardian squads would be the ones with bright lances.

I know some people will think its stupid to but a BL on the vyper, but the idea with that is to have a BL platform that can move quickly over the board if I desperately need a bright lance somewhere particular, I can allways compensate for the bad BS with guide.
You can pick your your freinds, you can pick your nose but you can never pick your freinds nose

Offline Moonsinger

• The Cause of Priapism | Meanie!
  • Ancient
    • KFD-Comics
Re: 1700 ulthwe, need sugestions
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2005, 03:44:08 PM »
hm... not a big council and not many guardians... seems a bit strange becouse of the other ulthwé armies I've seen.

though I would like to see those guardians squads a bit bigger (atleast the black guardians once with 6 more models each)

otherwise, it looks like a very nice army.

//Cheers
Dwarf Females <3
Priapism is considered a medical emergency, which should receive proper treatment by qualified medical people

Offline Eldar pimp

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2005, 03:56:21 AM »
I did some minor errors in that list. I actually had 6 guardians in the non-black squad, the spiders are overpriced and the farseers are supposed to have one mind war each. However, I was thinking of dropping both the mind wars from the farseers in favor of two guardians (one for the non-black squad, and one for one of the black squads), I would also get a shuriken canon upgrade for one of the star canon vypers. In additions to the mind wars I would have to drop a CCW and an Augment to afford that. But Im not sure about doing it because it would leave my council so crippled and meaningless, at least with two mindwars and 3 augments they can still do some damage, acting like snipers. Without that they become so impotent.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2005, 03:57:47 AM by Eldar pimp »
You can pick your your freinds, you can pick your nose but you can never pick your freinds nose

Offline Farseer Zeranoth

• Eldrad Ulthran: What do humans know of our pain???
    • bellinio.proboards32.com
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2005, 12:31:59 PM »
well this as always, looks like a defensive ulthwe army
why the wraithlord and scorpions?

you should really pick an offensive or defensive style

beef up that seer council

thanks makenshi

bellinio.proboards3 2.com : unofficial 40k, fantasy & Dawn of War gaming forum. join please