News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1850 USF list for upcoming tournament  (Read 249 times)

Offline MacAldin

1850 USF list for upcoming tournament
« on: April 24, 2005, 01:53:23 PM »
I have a tournament next weekend and I know some of the armies that will be attending.  Not sure how many may have started marines since the new codex came out, though.

Anyway, I am trying my Ulthwe Strike Force list again and wanted to get some input from some folks.  Be advised that there will be at least 1-2 Daemonhunter lists and at least 1-2 Necron lists attending.

Here it is:

Starting on table

Seer Council (312pts)
Farseer, fortune, singing spear, pistol
Farseer, fortune, witchblade, pistol, wraithgate
warlock, augment, ccw, pistol
warlock, embolden, ccw. pistol
warlock, enhance, ccw. pistol
warlock, destructor, ccw, pistol
warlock, conceal, ccw, pistol   (The conceal is due to my dumb luck of usually getting paired up with a Daemonhunter list)

Black Defender Guardians (259pts)
20 Defenders
Warlock, singing spear, conceal, wraithgate

Black Defender Guardians (130pts)
10 Defenders, Heavy platform w/Starcannon, 2 crew

Black Vyper (105pts)
Brightlance, CTM

Black guardian support platform  (100pts)
2 D-Cannons, 4 crew

In Webway
Black Storm Guardians (235pts)
16 Stormies, 2 fusion guns, 14 ccw&pistols, plasma&krak grenades
Warlock, witchblade, pistol, enhance, waystone

Black Defender Guardians (106pts)
7 Defenders, heavy platform w/Starcannon, 2 crew

Striking Scorpions (227pts)
9 Scorpions, 1 Exarch w/Scorpion's Claw and Crushing Blow, Plasma and Haywire grenades

Black Vyper  (80pts)
2x Shuriken Cannons

Black Vyper  (80pts)
2x Shuriken Cannons

HQ: 25%, Elite: 12%, Troops: 41%, Fst. Attk: 14%, Hvy Supp: 5%, Equipment: 16%

The double Fortune is for either using on both the Seer Council and the Guardians carrying the other wraithgate or to ensure the Seer Council get fortune on themselves (because of Librarians).  The Conceal is for the pesky Psycannons and Psybolts.  I have to run in fear from Incinerators, though.

The general idea is to run the Council and 20 Guardians up the board near each other, hopefully keeping fortune on both.  If someone tries to either stop the wraithgate deployment (by locking the units in H2H) or suround the gates, the 20 Guardians can fan out in front of the gates and stop anyone (except skimmers) from reaching the gates.  And 40 BS4 shuriken Catapult shots can hurt any infantry unit.  The Vyper will attempt to take out vehicles.  The D-Cannons are either deployed forward (depending on terrain) or rearward.  If forward, then I can cover the Council and 20 Guardians as they make their way across the field.  If rearward, then I can effectively control my end of the board.  I tend to have decent luck with D-Cannons too.

After the gates are open (turn 3-4 usually) I will have everything pour onto the field (with the help of the Waystone).  The Stormies and Scorpions will normally jump right into H2H, but can be used to take out vehicles (with Haywires/Kraks, fusion guns, Witchblade, Powerfist).  The combined force of 10 Scorpions (4 attacks on a charge) and 16 Stormies (3 attacks on a charge) can annihilate all but the extremely tough units.  And with my I5, I can run people down with sweeping advances.  The three Starcannon Defender units will either deploy forward from the gate (and combine firepower to kill units up close with starcannons and shurikats) or rearward (to only shoot the starcannons and again concentrate fire).  The Vypers are there to take out any remaining vehicles with 6 Str6 shots per Vyper.  They can also help whittle down units or fly across the field to grab an objective or table quarter.  And at only 80 pts a piece, they are no great loss if I do lose them.

Anyway, that's the general idea for the list.  Any comments/suggestions are welcome.

MacAldin
"There never is a convenient place to fight a war when the other man starts it."  - Admiral Arleigh Burke, USN

"God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless."  - Fleet Admiral Chester Nimitz, USN