News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Kabal of the Black Skull  (Read 2133 times)

Offline TokathMarg

• The Scorpion of Death
Kabal of the Black Skull
« on: February 5, 2002, 11:55:46 AM »
Here is a work-in-progress background for my Kabal army. Just thought I should post this to corrupt this Board with the presence of the Dark Kin  ;D

Kabal of the Black Skull History

Supreme Leader: Tokath-Marg, The Death Scorpion
Notable personalities:
-Ard-Iadanna, Tokath-Margs personal champion and member of the Council.
-DorchSuith, High Priestess of the Wych Cult of the Warped Princess
-Distau-Shenestra, Priestess of the Wych Cult

Kabal History
The Kabal has its origins in the early days of the Dark Eldar society, and wields great political powers, even though it is a quite small Kabal. This is possibly because of the seemingly strong bonds between Tokath-Marg and the shadowy Incubi. Unlike most Kabals, they have a strong martial discipline. To become a member of the Council of 6, the leading unit of the Kabal, it is required to challenge and win over a member in single combat. This also applies to the lead seat as the great leader of the Kabal, but none has ever succeeded in this for millennia. This tradition means that assassinations are far fewer from inside the Kabal. When someone betters a council member in combat, the tradition is that the defeated member will be burnt by the “Black Flame”, a weapon that destroys the flesh and leaves the skeleton blackened. The skull is then inscribed with runes and given as a trophy to the winner.

History of Tokath-Marg
When Tokath-Marg was born is not known. Some believe that he has lived since before the fall, and that he was amongst Asdrubael Vects henchmen the first years after the fall. Others say that he was born shortly before he took over the Kabal through bettering the old leader in single combat. He managed to get powerful allies, such as the Incubi and the Wych Cult of the Warped Princess.

The Wych Cult of the Warped Princess (?)
This Cult is the favoured ally of the Black Skull Kabal. From the outside it looks like a normal wych cult, but it harbours strange secrets. None has ever seen the Cult High Priestess unmasked, and her name is long forgotten. She has become a legend in Commoragh, and has been given the name DorchSuith, the Unseen Dancer. Now she is seldom seen in the arenas, but still her ethereal beauty and grace amaze the crowds. Skill-wise she is a match for anyone, and it is said that she once fought 100 assailants without a drop of blood being drawn from her body.
DorchSuit herself has however not been seen out of Commoragh for millennia, but her cult has grown rich on raiding none-the-less. Especially one young Wych seems to have gotten great powers. She is, if possible, even more beautiful than DorchSuith, and many have pointed out that she does in fact share a lot of features with her.
Distau-Shenestra is the wych most often seen accompanying the Kabal of the Black Skull, and she seems to have some special relations with the Great Leader himself, just as many have said that DorchSuith have or had.
Some say that the Cult worships the gods of Chaos, although this seems not to be true. However, many say that they have seen captured slaves being ritually sacrificed to some unknown deity.
The Cult Wyches dress in night-blue armour with a contrasting light grey on parts of it.

Just so it is said, this was written in about an hour or two. Haven't really used too much time on it (the most difficult was finding the names, but most of that had been sorted out earlier (only DorchSuith had to be made...). Thank you, Eldar Language Guide  8)

Oh, and the Kabal History/Tokath-Marg history is to become larger when I get the right ideas.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2002, 04:44:02 PM by TokathMarg »
"United we stand; divided we fall; together we are One"

Since everyone seems to make such nice "Win Draw Losses" statistics in their signature, I think I'll do that as well...these stats, for some reason, do not include all the games I played earlier and can't remember the outcome of (nor do they include those I can remember the outcome of, as this would mean a bit high score on the win side)

Wins     Draws     Losses
  1             1             1

Cheantoa

Re:Kabal of the Black Skull
« Reply #1 on: February 6, 2002, 02:29:00 AM »
Hey, that's OK... needs a tiny bit more work maybe but still nice fluff... abit... something... lacking though...

Offline TokathMarg

• The Scorpion of Death
Re:Kabal of the Black Skull
« Reply #2 on: February 6, 2002, 09:20:56 AM »
Well, as I said, it is just work-in-progress...

Oh, and even though it may in some way look like I am hinting towards a sexual relationship between Tokath-Marg and Distau-Shenestra, it is not so. The idea is, in fact, that she is his daughter...and who the mother is? Well, you guess...

As for the end of the Wych Cult history, it has at the momen tbeen changed to

"Some say that the Cult worships the gods of Chaos, particularly some aspect of Khorne, or possibly an aspect of the Eldar god Khaine. It is for sure, though, that the cult sacrifices some of their slaves in a bloody ritual."

Any feedback about what is needed to change will be welcome...

And, what was lacking (except for the fact that I need more fluff about the origins of the Kabal, and about Tokath?)
"United we stand; divided we fall; together we are One"

Since everyone seems to make such nice "Win Draw Losses" statistics in their signature, I think I'll do that as well...these stats, for some reason, do not include all the games I played earlier and can't remember the outcome of (nor do they include those I can remember the outcome of, as this would mean a bit high score on the win side)

Wins     Draws     Losses
  1             1             1