News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Doctor I'd like to know...  (Read 1911 times)

Offline Cortex_Killer

• Graduate lookin for work
Doctor I'd like to know...
« on: March 21, 2002, 12:05:40 PM »
I read your clinic on the Painting on the Guardians and thought that it was extremely high standards you are maintaining. :D

What I am wondering however, is where you got the waterslide from (you did say it was a waterslide didn't you?) or how you made it.  It's just that I'm tired of how crappy most of the GW Eldar transfers are. >:(

Cheers.
Come my brethren, for it is time that the Eldar retake our birthright: our Empire.

Offline RedTwo

• Conversion Exarch
  • Lazerous Penguin
Re:Doctor I'd like to know...
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2002, 02:31:35 PM »
Well, I'm not Doctor Faust, but I might be able to help.

Most hobby shops carry a pretty wide array of water side trasfers.  Your selection is probably going to be limited to race cars and military insignia, but you should consider takeing some time and going through the transfers for fighter aircraft squadrons (past and present).  You can find some pretty interesting crests and symbols.

If you have to have something more "Eldarish" you may consider the do it yourself approach.  Several companies sell blank water side sheets.  Most are clear or white.  You can create your own designs in the computer graphics software of your choice and then print the design to the blank sheeps.  Obviously an ink jet is a bad idea, so you'll need to find a color laser printer at some place like Kinko's.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2002, 02:33:25 PM by RedTwo »
Over specialization builds in weakness.

Offline The Painting Doctor

• Healer of Bad Painting Techniques
    • Doctor Faust's Painting Clinic
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2002, 04:54:29 PM »
They are from a 15mm game called Demonworld. Specifically I got them from www.brookhursthobbi es.com.  The pack I have is from the Empire army. They are very high quality decals (transfer, waterslides, whatever!).  For $10 each pack contain two sheets with the following: Serpents (which I used), crossed swords, white horse head, a bull head, a yellow griffion, and a really cool dragon and flame decal which I will use somewhere eventually. With exception of the dragon/flame decal you get 42 on each sheet, plus two large decals

Along with the Empire decal pack, others currently available in English speaking countries are Elves, Orcs, Dwarf (they are called something else), Dark Elves, Goblins, Isthak, and Thain.
Anthony Karl Erdelji
Doctor Faust's Painting Clinic
www.paintingclinic. com

Offline Cortex_Killer

• Graduate lookin for work
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2002, 12:01:12 PM »
Wickid!  :D

Whence my next pay packet arrives I shall see about investing in such wonderful items.  Pics when my Guardians are finished.
Come my brethren, for it is time that the Eldar retake our birthright: our Empire.