News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The 9th Edition Aeldari Update Archive  (Read 4511 times)

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
The 9th Edition Aeldari Update Archive
« on: December 26, 2021, 01:20:21 PM »
A new thread to share all incoming reveals for new aeldari models! I have a feeling much more is coming according to the Warhammer Community article!

http://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/12/25/new-asuryani-clash-with-chaos-space-marines-in-the-next-warhammer-40000-battlebox/

Hotlinked images removed in accordance with forum rule 4k -Iris.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2021, 07:08:27 AM by Irisado »
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
  • "Bees. My God" was an obscure Batman quote.
Re: The 9th Edition Aeldari Update Archive
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2021, 07:54:02 PM »
Hell, it's about time!

Offline Blazinghand

• Warlock | Master of the Ravenwing
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Die for the Emperor or die trying!
  • Armies: Eldar, Orks
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2021, 05:31:58 AM »
Rangers needed a plastic kit, and it's great to see the return of a customizable autarch setup, with the datacard that implies. It'll be interesting to see how these bikes perform.

I'm guessing that the bikes are going to need to be painted in subassembly since the cloaks run so close to the fuselage
Quote from: Howard Zinn
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2021, 07:13:33 AM »
The Rangers look very good.  They are a natural evolution of previous models and would actually go alongside some of those very well.  GW has always been adept at making high quality Ranger models in my opinion.  The rest of those releases are okay, but nothing that special.  Also, conceptually I am not a fan of Rangers mounted on Jetbikes.  Skimming around and drawing attention is contrary to how Rangers are meant to function in the lore.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2021, 08:12:12 AM »
The Rangers look very good.  They are a natural evolution of previous models and would actually go alongside some of those very well.  GW has always been adept at making high quality Ranger models in my opinion.  The rest of those releases are okay, but nothing that special.  Also, conceptually I am not a fan of Rangers mounted on Jetbikes.  Skimming around and drawing attention is contrary to how Rangers are meant to function in the lore.

I suppose it depends on what their rules are? Conceptually, having mobility makes sense, if only between OPs. Drawing on some real-life examples, I remember the recon company in our battalion would ride around on ATVs and snowscooters between their posts. That's obviously different from wheeling around and firing like some sort of sniper chariot, but then everything in 40k is tuned up to 11.

Anyway, I get your point. This is basically rule of cool.

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2021, 10:19:43 AM »

I suppose it depends on what their rules are? Conceptually, having mobility makes sense, if only between OPs. Drawing on some real-life examples, I remember the recon company in our battalion would ride around on ATVs and snowscooters between their posts. That's obviously different from wheeling around and firing like some sort of sniper chariot, but then everything in 40k is tuned up to 11.

Anyway, I get your point. This is basically rule of cool.

I'm going to agree with Godspeed on this one. Using quiet aeldari jetbikes doesn't seem the most unreasonable thing to me. You don't need to be as stealthy when you can ride to a good position, shoot at your target, then ride off to another vantage point and repeat, etc.

I am fan of the Shroud Runners and on-foot Rangers, but I am definitely in love with the Autarch - really because it is the first Autarch kit to come with *all* the weapon options available to that unit!

Nice  8).

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2021, 10:33:37 AM »
Do we know if the Autarch will have head variants (non-helmet, etc.)?

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2021, 11:00:46 AM »
Do we know if the Autarch will have head variants (non-helmet, etc.)?

"This kit has plenty of options, allowing you to build the Autarch of your dreams, with three head options, two torso variants, and certain other still-secret options! In terms of weapons, you get a star glaive or a scorpion chainsword in one hand, and your pick of four ranged weapons in the other. Not only that, the weapons and upgrades are cross-compatible with the existing Autarch model."

That is from the article - three heads and two torsos, and apparently some secret options as well!

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2021, 04:57:15 PM »
Sounds good!

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2021, 09:49:13 PM »
Important updates for Rangers and the Autarch. The sculpts of the Rangers are very nice, though I always like a kneeling and firing model. Only having one sculpt in a firing pose is a somewhat odd choice, but we'll see when the kit drops.

The Shroud Runners are an odd aesthetic. Maybe I'm just struggling seeing them in Saim Hand colours, but Camo cloaks on bright red jetbikes is stealthy?

I'm not turning my nose up at the unit by any means, but I'm not sold on how they'll look on the field.

Now get me those plastic aspect warrior kits and make me properly happy. Also a new Vyper please (which the Shroud Runner may be an archetype for...).
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline Kage2020

• Knower of Things
  • Ancient
  • Mar a tha, mar a bha, mar a bhitheas vyth go bragh
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2021, 03:16:54 AM »
That's the update to the Eldar after--what?--20 years?

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2021, 05:45:41 AM »
No.  There have been numerous updates during the late twenty years.  Unfortunately, certain models that many Eldar players would really like to be updated and made available in plastic (e.g. Aspect Warriors) still have not been for the most part.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Blazinghand

• Warlock | Master of the Ravenwing
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Die for the Emperor or die trying!
  • Armies: Eldar, Orks
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2021, 06:16:48 AM »
A couple years ago we got Jain Zar, Howling Banshees, and a new plastic spiritseer, all of which were decent. I'm hoping we see more progress on the plastic aspect warriors soon, I'd really like some plastic striking scorpions.
Quote from: Howard Zinn
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2021, 08:23:53 AM »
Really excited for Craftworlds to get a big range refresh, a lot of the range is languishing as resin/pewter kits and certainly need to be brought to the current age. Love the Shroudrunners and Rangers. According to the rumours, we should expect to see a lot more kits along with the book. Can't wait!
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2021, 11:01:46 PM »
That's the update to the Eldar after--what?--20 years?

Its the 2nd round of the refresh. It started with Banshee's and Jain Zar. It will come through in dribs and drabs.

Offline Irisado

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2021, 11:12:06 AM »
The discussion about rumours has been split and moved here.  Please continue any rumours debate in that new topic.  This one is just for discussing the models in the opening post here.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #17 on: January 3, 2022, 12:22:22 PM »
I am so excited to see the new Guardian Kit - and that it can make Storm Guardians.

What times of rebirth we live in  ;D.

Also - here are some more teased reveals - that aren't too obscure.

So there is this reveal - that might appear like an Ossiarch Bonereaper at first.

After doing some research on the local Aeldari places on the internet - a lot of veteran asuryani players said this model is pretty much a remake of Maugan Ra, Phoenix Lord of the Dark Reapers! A lot of the glimpses look almost identical to his gear.

Also, the one and only Avatar of Kaela Mensha Khaine!

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #18 on: January 3, 2022, 04:01:19 PM »
Awwww yiss!

Offline Irisado

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: January 3, 2022, 06:51:26 PM »
The poses of the Guardians remind me of the poses that were possible with the original metal and plastic Eldar Guardian boxed set from the days of Rogue Trader.  I think that they have done a very good job with those models.  My only possible gripe is that I can't say any female models in those images and there used to be female Guardian models in previous plastic boxed sets.  As it's only a sample though, this may well not be the case.